• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkopolis Plaza – Squid Social

Inklings for Smash?

• Total voters

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
i support. why? because promotion (Splatoon 2) and the Inklings are probably some of the most unique videogame characters to exist.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If the next Smash is a port, or a new game, the Inklings are pretty much going to get in in some way. (I could also see them as an AT if they somehow are not playable.)

So I support.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If the next Smash is a port, or a new game, the Inklings are pretty much going to get in in some way. (I could also see them as an AT if they somehow are not playable.)

So I support.
An AT would make me so mad lol

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I feel like she was captured.
The complete prologue story, coupled with the end of the new trailer, suggests this to me, as well. I'm getting more of a brainwashed vibe from it, than a turned-evil one.

And just think, had the final Splatfest turned out differently, it would've been Marie instead.

Luminario

Smash Lord
See this is what happens when y'all vote for Marie instead of Callie, she goes off the deep end and tries to take over the world DJ Octavio style.

The kidnap/brainwash idea sounds the most plausible imo, cause she's too nice to actually turn evil or against Marie. Hopefully this time we get playable Octolings if we complete single player mode.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The kidnap/brainwash idea sounds the most plausible imo, cause she's too nice to actually turn evil or against Marie.
That, and the fact that there's a plausible motive for revenge against the Squid Sisters, too.

EDIT: And the fact that Octavio controls the Octolings with his music, of course.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I stand by my choice regardless of the consequences. Marie is the best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man Splatoon is one of my favourite game series, and really enjoyed Splatoon, hopefully I get Nintendo Switch cause Splatoon 2 will be, on my list of most get games. Splatoon 2 looks great, Poor Callie and Marie do not fret fair squid maiden we shall. Rescue the.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I wonder what fancy new mech that Octavio would have to face us.

Probably something less predictable.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I like his DJ much tho. Plus that was a great boss battle imo
Same, even liked his own theme before it got hijacked by the Squid Sisters.

I wouldn't mind him using a more sinister or crazier remix of his original theme for the next fight.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
If Callie really is a villain in Spla2n's plot... then wouldn't it be awesome to have Octavio for the first phase, with a remix of his original music, and then after he's defeated, Callie takes over for the second phase as the music switches to a "musical duel" remix of Calamari Inkantation between Callie and Marie? Like, instead of singing in unison, now they're alternating solos, battling as much in the music as in the gameplay itself.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If Callie really is a villain in Spla2n's plot... then wouldn't it be awesome to have Octavio for the first phase, with a remix of his original music, and then after he's defeated, Callie takes over for the second phase as the music switches to a "musical duel" remix of Calamari Inkantation between Callie and Marie? Like, instead of singing in unison, now they're alternating solos, battling as much in the music as in the gameplay itself.
This reminds me of that battle in Scott Pilgrim vs the world against the Katayanagi Twins, and I love it.

D

Deleted member

That sounds awesome, and chaotic perfect, sounding boss battle.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What exactly confirms Octavio's return in Splatoon 2...?
The first two paragraphs of Chapter 7 of Splatoon 2's official prologue, Squid Sisters Stories, which was released prior to the new single-player trailer, and led directly into the events shown in it, appear to do so;

Quick as she could, Marie arrived in Octo Valley. Cap'n Cuttlefish's shack was completely deserted. The shack itself was undisturbed, but the snow globe that had stood beside it was a shattered wreck – pieces of glass littered the landscape. Callie was nowhere to be found, and the scene failed to offer up any clues. With a heavy heart, Marie made her way back to Inkopolis.

The city was buzzing with unbelievable news. The Great Zapfish had disappeared! It had vanished once before, but reappeared shortly thereafter. The people of the city consoled each other, saying, "Chill out! It won't be gone long this time, either!" Marie alone shivered in trepidation. "Could he possibly be at it again?"

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey guys, I've just released my newest stage mod – thought y'all might be inkterested:

You can download the mod here!
Seeing fire come out of those weapons just feels wrong.

Nice work though, I didn't even know you modded stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thinking back about Splatoon as a whole, it truly is a great series that is one of my favourites, one of my favourite games, and a fresh, unique, and innovative game and series can't wait to see more!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
User was warned for this post
well im sure you dont need any contex for these

Last edited:

MissMoka

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cupcakeelove
Honestly, The inklings are probably the newcomer I'd root the most for being in Smash bros Switch, I personally enjoy splatoon WAY too Much, and it's pretty valid.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The only newcomer I can 100% say is not a case of if they get in, but when they get in.

Top Bottom