• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Yes, she admitted lying about knowing the date of the direct, which should have been expected since no one ever leaked the date of a direct before. She still is adamant on knowing the character and that we are getting an announcement this month. Also.
Which forum is that taken from?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Thanks to Google, her most recent tweets are still viewable, such as:

"Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone"

Burruni

Smash Hero
If there isn't a Splatfest on Halloween, of which the two sides are "Trick" and "Treat," I am going to be severely disappointed with Nintendo.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
If there isn't a Splatfest on Halloween, of which the two sides are "Trick" and "Treat," I am going to be severely disappointed with Nintendo.
inb4 the EU 'messy' and 'tidy' splatfest is recycled.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead

Thanks to Google, her most recent tweets are still viewable, such as:

"Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone"
She's back now, not that it really matters anymore. She's a non-factor now that we know she's a troll. Looking over her tweets I'm beginning to wonder how desperate people are getting about Smash news, none of her tweets had solid evidence behind it.

If I remember right the prediction from these leakers was by mid-October. Well, here we are; if they're right then it should be announced in the next couple of days at least. If not then we can go burn down their houses.

ToledoJones

Smash Rookie
She's back now, not that it really matters anymore. She's a non-factor now that we know she's a troll. Looking over her tweets I'm beginning to wonder how desperate people are getting about Smash news, none of her tweets had solid evidence behind it.

If I remember right the prediction from these leakers was by mid-October. Well, here we are; if they're right then it should be announced in the next couple of days at least. If not then we can go burn down their houses.
She only posts evidence of her Splatoon hacking. The rest seem to be guesses. She had previously said there would be a Direct on the 14th for playable Octolings and literally said it was a guess. But people still believed her. She said before she doesn't know who the character was. So she's just joking around. Not to be taken seriously unless it comes to datamining Splatoon.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I think what would be worse for a "leaker" is simply to be ignored/not giving them publicity. It is (usually) the only reason why people make hoaxes or fake leaks.

NW was fun in the beginning of Splatoon's datamining, but it got old when people in the community would accidentally spread her opinions/speculation as fact.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

her and stealth are wrong now. She's just spreading the hype, but Stealth claimed we'd get something on Monday and failed to deliver. Its up to Roger not, if we get nothing by the 23rd, it was all bs

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Waaay too much "he said she said" to be 100% sure, but...things sure are pointing Inklings way....

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
This is a generic story but before I bought Splatoon a few months ago I use to be indifferent to Inklings because I didn't really have a connection with them, but I always thought their designs looked cool. Anyways, after I bought Splatoon and put a lot of hours into it, I've grown quite fond of them, and now they're one of my most wanted characters for Smash.

Here's what I'd like for Inklings to have if they do get in: the option to change their skin color like from their game, have Octolings as alts, and have their Final Smash either be Inkstrike or Killer Wail.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
This is a generic story but before I bought Splatoon a few months ago I use to be indifferent to Inklings because I didn't really have a connection with them, but I always thought their designs looked cool. Anyways, after I bought Splatoon and put a lot of hours into it, I've grown quite fond of them, and now they're one of my most wanted characters for Smash.

Here's what I'd like for Inklings to have if they do get in: the option to change their skin color like from their game, have Octolings as alts, and have their Final Smash either be Inkstrike or Killer Wail.
And don't forget, different outfits and gear for each alt needs to be a thing ;)

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I follow NWPlayer123 on twitter and she revealed (or rather retweeted) more info on those supposed "leaks". It's late so I don't want to look through for the tweets, but apparently one of the people who spread rumors (Roger I think) claims that his source told him there'd be a Splatoon Direct by the 23rd and that there might be a "Smashing" announcement at the end of it. Smash Bros was only supposed to be a small part of the news but people (who tried creating hype or whatever) blew it out of proportion. His source has apparently only been wrong once or twice before (dating back to Pokemon HGSS, so apparently a very good track record), but it's still just a case of "he said she said", so if you haven't believed any of the rumors so far there's no reason for you to now.

I also don't really agree with the bad rep NWPlayer123 has been getting. She datamines Splatoon and then makes educated guesses based off of it (when you find that the actual filesize of an update is WAY bigger than what it was officially stated to be, an upcoming Direct is a safe bet). Yeah, she would word things to make them sound like they were definitely 100% happening (intentionally or not) but she hasn't been outright "trolling" or whatever.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am really skeptical about getting a Direct this week or even an announcement. I think we aren't getting one until early November at earliest, after Nintendo's Investors Meeting which is on the 30th of this month. They will likely talk about how Directs will be handled from now on said meeting.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
The Inkling is growing on me slightly. I look upon the wasteland that is bottom of the barrel of potential Smash characters and there isn't much left to get excited for. K. Rool stands out as the obvious choice, but the pickings are slim other than him. I was initially against the Inkling because "you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid now" commercials made me want to kill myself, but now that those don't air, I find the character easier to stomach. Does the Inkling really deserve to be in Smash? Not really, but there's a few already in the game that don't really deserve to be in. Is the Inkling better than most other options? Perhaps, but only slightly. That being said, I rescind my previous disapproval of the character and am now ambivalent. I'm not going to say I support the character, but I shant weep a tear if the Inkling makes it.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I think if we're getting a Direct on the 23rd like the rumors have said we should hear about it by tomorrow at the latest (unless it's a surprise one). Since Iwata seemed to be heavily in-charge of how the Directs worked the unsaid rules about how they worked (how far in advanced they're announced, when they usually are, etc) could be completely different now.

That being said, we usually get one by this time every year, and since we haven't had anything like it since E3, now would be a perfect time (they could go over Splatoon, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Tennis, Paper Jam, maybe some Smash stuff, and one or two other smaller things).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I follow NWPlayer123 on twitter and she revealed (or rather retweeted) more info on those supposed "leaks". It's late so I don't want to look through for the tweets, but apparently one of the people who spread rumors (Roger I think) claims that his source told him there'd be a Splatoon Direct by the 23rd and that there might be a "Smashing" announcement at the end of it. Smash Bros was only supposed to be a small part of the news but people (who tried creating hype or whatever) blew it out of proportion. His source has apparently only been wrong once or twice before (dating back to Pokemon HGSS, so apparently a very good track record), but it's still just a case of "he said she said", so if you haven't believed any of the rumors so far there's no reason for you to now.

I also don't really agree with the bad rep NWPlayer123 has been getting. She datamines Splatoon and then makes educated guesses based off of it (when you find that the actual filesize of an update is WAY bigger than what it was officially stated to be, an upcoming Direct is a safe bet). Yeah, she would word things to make them sound like they were definitely 100% happening (intentionally or not) but she hasn't been outright "trolling" or whatever.
Only one person mentioned trolling, I think most of us, like myself, are tired of people claiming her opinions are fact or that her speculation has more evidence to it than is actually there. It is like a game of telephone and it inflates these rumors that are nothing more than friendly speculation.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
NA Splatfest is Pirates vs Ninjas...

Best

Splatfest

Ever!!!

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
To clean it up, an Inkling amiibo will be available next month that is compatible with Smash and Splatoon which you can now be a kid squid in a few weeks!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/
I translated it via Google:
"We have to add shipping schedule and guidance towards the end of the year from autumn this year, part of the Super Smash Bros. amiibo, and amiibo of Splatoon, we will start a sequential shipment for each character in early November."

Just a restock of Smash and Splatoon amiibo. It's not a new listing or anything.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Burruni Burruni - and still no sign of a Trick or Treat Splatfest. Maybe those poor little squids couldn't handle the spooky spaghetti.

P.S -
I'll be downloading Undertale sometime later today for my PC, and I'll be attempting the Pacifist run, but is it possible to kill Flowey, aka Kyubey 2.0?

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Burruni Burruni - and still no sign of a Trick or T
P.S -
I'll be downloading Undertale sometime later today for my PC, and I'll be attempting the Pacifist run, but is it possible to kill Flowey, aka Kyubey 2.0?
It's indeed possible to kill Flowey. I kinda not recommend you do that or else you won't learn about something important

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
User was warned for this post
The Mii costume is good enough!

I have enough idiots to beat up on, I don't need anymore thanks, its bad enough Shovel Knight is rumored to be added.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Only one person mentioned trolling, I think most of us, like myself, are tired of people claiming her opinions are fact or that her speculation has more evidence to it than is actually there. It is like a game of telephone and it inflates these rumors that are nothing more than friendly speculation.
Ah I should have been clearer, I didn't mean this thread in particular, just general opinion around the internet (some other message boards I go to, tumblr, etc).

But I just thought of something else-- if we do get Inklings in Smash would they get a new Smash amiibo? Mario, Peach, Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser have both Smash and Mario ones (not to mention others like the Woolly World, Skylanders, and Gold/Silver Mario ones) so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question. They'd look pretty similar to the main Splatoon line but out of the ones I listed earlier the only ones that look noticeably different between the Smash and Mario Lines are Peach and maybe Mario, so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question).

A̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶c̶t̶o̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶S̶p̶l̶a̶t̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶m̶i̶i̶b̶o̶?̶?̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
With the impending closure of the subforum, I suppose we should consider creating a group? Munomario777 Munomario777 whaddaya say?

Top Bottom