• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just hope there's some substitute in game in case I can't get the Amiibo. Because getting the Amiibo will be impossible.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I can't compete with those fancy polished sig icons, but I'll still make my own and share them anyway.

I like the simple look better.
Better than nothing. Looks hella legit and what will be dope is gender swapping as well as color palettes because of the different teams in the game, just like Robin's appearances!!!

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I could see the Inkling's colours being orange, pink, light blue, yellow for female and dark blue, green, red and purple for male.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
For alt colors, I think the main ones are going to be the colors of the rainbow. I would love for their to be a Octoling alt, (though I probably would stick to orange and light blue), but they would have to mess with the formula a bit for it to work. Like either having 9 or making the boy have 3.

Or, what they could do, is have the girl have 3, the boy have 4, and seeing how the octolings are all girls, just have that as the 4th for girls.

Also, I don't think people brought this up yet:

This japanese trailer shows two new bosses. As well as showing off the paintbrush.

The paintbrush is interesting. It doesn't have the width range as the paintroller, but it goes super fast! Like Sonic speeds.

Still, that lack of width might be a problem. Hopefully, it's firing range is much better to make up for it. I certainly like the idea of it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'd rather have purple female instead. Let the boy be pink, for once. Green would likely be female as well, since the Inkling featured in the single player mode trailer is a green female. I also hope at least one female and one male have darker skin tones.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I voted for the Inkling as well as Groose in the middle of my 600 Wolf votes (should I see a doctor about that? I still can't stop voting for him).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think this image is a good indication of what we will probably end up seeing. I don't think the colors are perfect, (I rather see cyan/light blue on the girls side), but it's something to speculate on:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Depends. what you mean. Though, I wouldn't risk it either way.

All the pre-orders are gone for best buy, but there is a chance they might make so if you show up on the day of it's release you could get one.

I myself am watching the amazon page for the amiibo set like a hawk. I even have an auto refresher.

There probably isn't going to be a decent supply of them to answer the overall question.
That's a shame. Nintendo seems to have forgotten the supply part of supply and demand. >_<

They were the only amiibos other than Marth I was interested in picking up.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I'm going to have to wish you luck on getting them. So far, the NA amiibos have been treated awfully. I've been stalking the amazon page for the set because I find it a real possibility that once the pre-orders are gone, I may never be able to get one again unless I pay a huge price on ebay.

Now yes, it could be commom, but I honestly can't take that chance. If you live outside NA, you probably don't have to worry too much.

But man do I love how the amiibos look. Especially Inkling girl. I've also become more and more attached to Inkling Squid as I stalk the amiibo page.

Theres apparently multiple things you unlock through the amiibo missions. If the school girl uniform is any indication, I hope for more cute outfits. <3
I live in Ireland. Our issue is low stock, nothing else.

I'll be getting the combo pack anyway as soon as it's released, I can get you one too if you want. :3

D

Deleted member

Total support! Its as though the amiibo were already the game model. AlsoAlso I just realize that splatoon comes out a week before e3, so I imagine their announcement is at e3 with dlc for splatoon so I cannot wait for their announcement and their move set.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'll be getting the combo pack anyway as soon as it's released, I can get you one too if you want. :3
I really, really appreciate the offer. But I rather not get my mom worried that I'm accepting things from random people on the internet. But thank you though. :happysheep:

Still, I wished NA had it as good as other countries.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really, really appreciate the offer. But I rather not get my mom worried that I'm accepting things from random people on the internet. But thank you though. :happysheep:
Good point. I forget other people are way younger than me, eheheh~

Well, the offer stands if anybody has trouble finding 'em. I like helping people. :3

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Good point. I forget other people are way younger than me, eheheh~

Well, the offer stands if anybody has trouble finding 'em. I like helping people. :3
I'm considering it. Didn't think I'd have exactly 0 seconds to get any wave 4 amiibo >.>

What kind of compensation are you wanting for them? Just money via paypal or something?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm considering it. Didn't think I'd have exactly 0 seconds to get any wave 4 amiibo >.>

What kind of compensation are you wanting for them? Just money via paypal or something?
Honestly, I would love to send it for free, because I really, really don't want to do it for the money. I think a lot of people have been screwed over and it's not fair, and I want to do something nice for the community.

That said, I can hardly afford an amiibo of my own, so all I'd ask is for the cost of the amiibo to be returned.

Or not. I don't really care. I thrive on people's happiness because I'm a Blue Lantern and wouldn't want to put anybody on the spot or feel beholden or anything. :3

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Honestly, I would love to send it for free, because I really, really don't want to do it for the money. I think a lot of people have been screwed over and it's not fair, and I want to do something nice for the community.

That said, I can hardly afford an amiibo of my own, so all I'd ask is for the cost of the amiibo to be returned.

Or not. I don't really care. I thrive on people's happiness because I'm a Blue Lantern and wouldn't want to put anybody on the spot or feel beholden or anything. :3
That's really nice of you! I'm not sure if I could accept it for free in good conscious though. Maybe I'll message you about a way to do that as we approach release, unless I find a way to get one here in the states.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

Still, I wished NA had it as good as other countries.
The only countries that don't have a terrible amiibo situation are Germany, the surrounding countries and Japan. Countries like Britain have an arguably worse amiibo situation and didn't even get in-store pre-orders. There is no such thing as a common amiibo here, it's that bad. Although Ike wasn't hard to find for about a month and he's still on our official online store.

Anyway, halp pls.
I have a £45 GAME card and about £16 worth of reward points. I'm not sure if I should get the Splatoon special edition (if you don't know about that, it's the only way to get the squid amiibo here in Europe) or a Jigglypuff amiibo, Greninja amibo and Codename S.T.E.A.M., especially since store exclusives end up rare here because Americans import from our incredibly poor stock.

Also I might pick up the female Inkling amiibo regardless if I get Splatoon or not. It looks really good.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
For alt colors, I think the main ones are going to be the colors of the rainbow. I would love for their to be a Octoling alt, (though I probably would stick to orange and light blue), but they would have to mess with the formula a bit for it to work. Like either having 9 or making the boy have 3.

Or, what they could do, is have the girl have 3, the boy have 4, and seeing how the octolings are all girls, just have that as the 4th for girls.

Also, I don't think people brought this up yet:

This japanese trailer shows two new bosses. As well as showing off the paintbrush.

The paintbrush is interesting. It doesn't have the width range as the paintroller, but it goes super fast! Like Sonic speeds.

Still, that lack of width might be a problem. Hopefully, it's firing range is much better to make up for it. I certainly like the idea of it.
The paintbrush only seems good to doodle pictures on the stage. If it's splatter has a larger range (As real life brushes do compared to paint rollers) then it might be fun.

Also what was the other boss? We have the cube, the turret thing and did I miss one? I saw more first player campaign gimmicks like the balloon and such. I wonder if the Amiibos unlock more than one outfit cause the squid one is weird and I love the girl's school girl outfit. As for colors I'd like the boy to have the pink and blue but I'd also want them to give at least one of the male inklings a snap back hat rendering its hair color useless since it hides its hair. My favorite color of inkling has to be the lime green, orange, and the teal and I like the inklings tentacles more (But the males in hats look really good too.)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Also what was the other boss? We have the cube, the turret thing and did I miss one?
It is easy to miss but it is this guy:

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 4.38.58 PM.png

Before you say: "Thats just one of the normal enemies." There is two main differences between this guy and the normal enemy.

1. He is much much MUCH larger.

2. He can use his own ink super nuke:

(If you pay close attention, you can see a missile leave his head).

Granted, there is still the possibility of it being more like a midboss.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It is easy to miss but it is this guy:

View attachment 46087

Before you say: "Thats just one of the normal enemies." There is two main differences between this guy and the normal enemy.

1. He is much much MUCH larger.

2. He can use his own ink super nuke:

(If you pay close attention, you can see a missile leave his head).

Granted, there is still the possibility of it being more like a midboss.
Oh yeah I thought he was just a normal one but he is bigger. Interesting.... Also that turret one looked very different compared to the rest of the octolings. Really excited for this game.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I can easily see different weapons from splatoon being custom moves for inkling.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That would break the rule that only Miis and Sakurai's girl Palutena are exempt from.
I'm quite sure it's easy to just replace a model and keep the animation for one thing. For example, let's suppose the side-B is a dash attack with the paint roller, it's easy to replace it with the paintbrush for example.

After all, we have Megaman's Up specials, Ness' PK Freeze (and it changes the voice clip) or Ganondorf's Warlock Blade.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yes, add me to the supporters list.

We need Inklings!!! Would be great if when shoot, the paint stays on the grounds, characters ect for a set amount of time. Possibly like 2-3 seconds.

The move that makes them squid could be like......quickly spray ground and transforms into squid to jump or something.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I would imagine ink splattered on the ground would trip people like villagers counter sapling

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
There's a supporter list now? Add me please.

Glad to see Inkling seems to have a lot of push, this time around.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There is a supporter list since the thread was created.

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
Wow, guess I never asked to be added the first time around then.
Oh well XD

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I put in my vote for Inkling a couple days ago. Can't wait to see if they make it in Smash 4.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
Inkling would be an awesome character in Smash. She could be really unique. I hope she gets in.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think this image is a good indication of what we will probably end up seeing. I don't think the colors are perfect, (I rather see cyan/light blue on the girls side), but it's something to speculate on:

I just realized, Inkling could be our first black character through an alternate color. inb4 Game and Watch.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I just realized, Inkling could be our first black character through an alternate color. inb4 Game and Watch.
They have such a widespread choice of skin tone which is really neat especially from a Japanese game. Also in that picture that inlkling on the left has a purple mouth? I knew their teeth were really cool but I wonder if their mouth is an odd color in-game.

Top Bottom