• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkling Combo Thread!

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Inkling definitely has some great potential combo wise and this thread will be a collection of some we have already seen! They will be ordered easiest to hardest to pull off, and I will put some commentary about how to do it, and tips. Please share your Inkling combos by posting them here :D.

This one is easy, just grab > Dthrow > Nair > Nair. You need to time the nairs right, and if you are close to an edge, you can let your opponent bounce off the floor and follow up with a Dair to spike them. This one will be unsuccessful if your opponent D - Air Dodges out. This does around 14% damage and isn't too bad or hard to pull off.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
So here we have a kill confirm at ~128%. It's pretty simple: just get your opponent at around what looks like 120%+ damage, Uair > Up Smash when you land, and viola! Beware, though, as it seems to use quite a bit of ink. This isn't a problem in a 1v1 as you can just refill while they are respawning, but it might be a little impractical in a 3 - 4 player match as it leaves you a little exposed.

Last edited:

Eein

Smash Rookie
NNID
eeiniscool
on mewtwo:
0%: falling uair (2hit) > utilt > double jump uair [31.6 dam] tight timing
0%: falling uair (2hit) > usmash [31.2 dam]
14-24% : utilt >utilt > double jump > uair [27.6 dam]
varying double jump height

Last edited:

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Wow people actually responded - Thanks! I'll add these as soon as I get some personal stuff done.

Sushii

Smash Rookie
Fthrow to Dash cancelled jab works at low percents (0-20) and applies a large amount of ink. Also deals around 23%. If people really like this I vote to call it the sushi splash

Last edited:

Sudai

Stuff here
F/BAir combos into grab at low percents if you do the fair close to the ground. Sets up for the usual throw shenanigains.

Roller > jump cancel > Aerial works against a lot of people at mid percents if you don't bury them or they mash fast.

Roller bury > ground cancel > fsmash for kos at high percents.(100%+ depending on opponent's mashing skill).

Landing F/BAiar > FTilt is true around 30-50% depending on character size.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Don't have footage yet, but up throw combos into upair to fair at low percents. Does around 32% if done with a full hop (which has stricter timing), and 28% if done with a short hop. Get them off the ledge and you can fastfall into a spike. Platforms may let you get in an extra fair. I believe nair can work in place of fair.

EDIT: Footage

Last edited:

LemmeSm4shPleez

Smash Rookie
I've been playing around a bit and came up with these. I don't know much at all about frame data or statistics, so they're not perfect, but I tried. I'm open to constructive criticism.

Utilt->Nair->Nair->Fsmash (works best between 0-10%. The second nair strings into the fsmash, but is hard to land, and isn't true. It is possible with practice.)

Dthrow->Fsmash (works anywhere between 20-30%)

I'm trying to come up with more, but this is all I got. I don't get much time to play, so...yeah. Don't hate. I tried.

ande

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this is a good option or even a mixup, but you can true combo aerial roller into nair or fair at about 50ish percent, deals 26 percent with fair
Or into neutral b for about 5 hits and then fade away to get a decent amount of ink
Or you can jump towards them instantly throwing out uncharged down b which is not true but connects pretty quick after throwing and could bait out an airdogde plus also decent amount of ink

I know the start up is too laggy for standart neutral but if i couldn't get a grab or jab or bomb in for a while the get some ink on them i often used aerial roller instead of grounded for the burry because i felt that doing it out of a shorthop after for example throwing some shff bairs cought them much more consistently since they often tried to get in if i jumped.

As i said probably to risky for neutral but of looks flashy and if it works its pretty nice

Last edited:

Rackso

Smash Rookie
I got some combos but you have to follow the opponents DI:

1.Uthrow->ShNair->FFNair->Uthrow->D.J Nair->Bair
2. ->FFBair->
3. ->FFFair (this one is hard to follow up)
4. ->Uair
5. -> D.J Nair->Fair

So this combo works on characters that dont have a frame 1-2 move on the ground. The problem with this combo is that it branches off a lot after the first ShNair, if the di a little you'll hit them with the back of the move and you have to do the back air one, also if they DI to the right a lot you'll need to follow it so you dont miss the nair.

This does between 40 and 56% but its a little to pull off cause you have to react really quickly to the opponents di and you have to know where your nairs are going to hit them.

Top Bottom