• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling Bread and Butter Combos

Tbro

Smash Cadet
This thread is all about short, simple, true combos with Inkling. Down throw to short hop forward air is true at 30ish%, for example. What are more short combos like this?

kyvrna

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2097-7420-6817
opponent at 0% =

down throw -> hold jab | 17.4% dmg

down throw -> tap jab | 19.2% dmg

down throw -> down tilt | 19.8% dmg

down throw -> up tilt | 15.6% dmg

GameQ

Smash Cadet
In case anyone is wondering, a fully inked opponent will take exactly 1.5x more percent damage from all attacks. Just putting that out there for reference when talking about % for combos. it's actually pretty rare to get a lot of moves off on a fully inked opponent before it starts to fade, so my general rule of thumb is to just take the median and say 1.25x damage.

WaddupBoi

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure but I think (falling) n-air into the tilts or jab is a thing.

GUYS I FOUND SOMEHTING
Fthrow roughly 0-10% to fair/DA (usually da)
its a true combo if they dont DI, and against fastfallers/meds if they DI away a FAir is guarenteed
against floaties if they DI down then DA will get them, but DI up and away may lead into a not true upair, otherwise a Nair will always hit
AND these combos do more dmg then uthrow uair due to the ftrhow ink multiplier

EDIT: (roughly 25.5 dmg on fthrow fair, roughly 22 dmg on Fthrow DA compared to uthrow uairs ~20 dmg i think)

Last edited:

n0do

Smash Rookie
Down Throw > Short Hop Nair
Works around 20% for most characters, but characters that are huge like DK it can work earlier.
At higher percents like 30%, you can put another Nair before you land, and for bigger characters, you can probably put another Nair in a 25% but I'm not sure.

So in short:
Down Throw > Short Hop Nair at 20%
Down Throw > Short Hop Nair > Nair at around 30%

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
On battlefield, jump canceling the roller will put you just a little above the lower platforms. If you buffer a Uair, only Uair 1 will hit before you land. This lets you combo into jab, grab, Usmash or basically anything else.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
On battlefield, jump canceling the roller will put you just a little above the lower platforms. If you buffer a Uair, only Uair 1 will hit before you land. This lets you combo into jab, grab, Usmash or basically anything else.
Is the opponent on the platform or stage when doing this?

ande

Smash Cadet
F-throw - downtilt is true at around 0-10 % (23%, little bit ink)

Shff-dair spike on stage at about 30 % is true into nearly everything
even itself at certain %
Which if you get the spike also on the second dair, can lead into techchase or more stuff if the dont tech.

You can also can get an upsmash in even at pretty high %, but then only the second hit.

Also combos into up-air also till pretty high %

Last edited:

Wildermold

Smash Rookie
up throw up airs at low - medium % tend to work well. for higher percents, probs check out the inkling discord

Top Bottom