• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Thread

Who is your favorite character from INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Total voters

Coney

Smash Master
LMFAO

grundy seems really good though and i def feel a lot of power when i'm doing the ddd thing and just overwhelming them

it's just at the low level it's way too easy to just keep running away, i think i'll get past it eventually

and if not i have a harley and she's apparently okay :teeth:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Harley's not baaaaaaaaaaad guys, she's just not as good as AQUAMAN

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
So have you guys prayed to our lord and savior yet?

Currently, I main the lord and savior, Emperor Superman and Big D Ares.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't think it was mentioned here, but for people that spam Deathstroke online (who I main alongside Flash and Black Adam but don't usually spam with), I found a good way to counter them is to pick Bane and juice yourself up with venom three times, then do his little special where he charges across the screen which will make him go right through any of Deathstroke's projectiles and hit him. Afterward you can corner him with some combos while waiting for the venom to recharge, and repeat the process.

Works like a charm. :laugh:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I finally got my 100 online wins with Hermano Agua, got that gold icon, now I think I may pick up nightwing or green arrow as a secondary.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. I recently heard someone say games like Injustice, MK, and most other American made fighters are no where near as "fluid" as their Japanese counterparts. Do you guys agree with that, and does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Batgirl confirmed DLC character.

I suppose the other rumored characters that appeared alongside her are also true

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. I recently heard someone say games like Injustice, MK, and most other American made fighters are no where near as "fluid" as their Japanese counterparts. Do you guys agree with that, and does it matter in the grand scheme of things?
I'd be able to answer this if I had more experience with Japanese fighters.

Psycho who are the other rumored characters?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
General Zod and Scorpion, I think.

Zod kinda makes sense because he'll be in the upcoming Man of Steel movie, but Scorpion seems like more of a "we're gonna add him because we can" kind of deal, and with Ed Boon being a Scorpion fanboy and the character being Netherrealm's poserboy, I guess it was kind of to be expected...

I heard that both Supergirl and Power Girl got more popular votes than Batgirl though, and Boon did mention that he wasn't sure there would 4 and only 4 extra characters like in MK9, so maybe there's still more to come.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
This all happened 2 days ago with some random scrub on YouTube.

*WALL OF TEXT ALERT* *WALL OF TEXT ALERT*

Da story:

It all started with me looking up some Aquaman online gameplay on Youtube. I stumbled upon a Day 1 video of a guy playing Aquaman on PSN (His channel name is ReviewZoneHD). Of course, as with all Day 1 gameplay, it was bad. I acknowledged that and moved on to another one of his videos. In this video he played as Catwoman, who was his new main character. I watched the entire video and listened to his commentary, and for the most part, all he was really doing was complaining about how Deathstroke was cheap, unfair, and broken. Sound familiar? It should.

This is a guy who is new to fighting games and he's having trouble in this particular one because he can't get past his projectiles. In fact, he was having so much trouble that if he saw someone pick Deathstroke online, he would wait out the clock to force them to switch characters. I wanted to help him out, and OH BOY was that a mistake. I left 5 consecutive comments on that video, telling him tip after tip on how to close the gap between his character and the zoning Deathstroke. I went over how Deathstroke's gunshots have incredibly slow recovery time (which he could have figured out on his own, but whatever) and telling him what options he has with Catwoman and Aquaman, should he pick him up again. I finished my series of comments by saying "Not trying to be hateful, just trying to help. Also I'm sorry for so many comments, not trying to spam. Best of luck!"

He replied to me saying things among the lines of how Deathstroke's guns don't have a long recovery time and that It's impossible to get up to him as
Catwoman (despite me telling him HOW to do just that...). He also said "I don't know if you ever played this game online or if you even own this game, but EVERYBODY is complaining about Deathstroke. I've spent plenty of time online, and it definitely is a problem." I told him to stop setting obstacles for himself, that he was handicapping himself by not using the tools made available to him in training mode. I told him to go into training mode with a Deathstroke dummy and have him repeatedly fire his guns so he can find a way around it himself. Of course, being the elitist scrub he his, he thought that I said "lol u suck go back to training mode scrub hue," because he obviously took offense. IT BEGINS.

He said "For someone who leaves a wall of text on how I need to improve, you don't really have anything to back up your own skill level other than a short video of you in training mode with Aquaman. If you're such a hotshot and claim that anybody can beat a good player on Deathstroke, then why is it that you don't have a video of yourself playing a ranked match against a good Deathstroke player on your channel? Post a video like that and then talk." Post a video like that and then talk," was where he was really pushing it. So I told him that:

"1. I was only offering advice, if you don't need it, then just say so. Don't be a prick about it.
2. I can't record myself playing online because I don't have HD component cables to hook up to my Happauge with. So if I tried to do so with the cables I have now, I would have so much delay that it wouldn't be worth it.
3. I never claimed to have godlike skills at this game, stop putting words in my mouth.
4. Beating Deathstroke is EASY, what's so hard to understand?"

To which, he replied "lol, listen, if you're going to dish out advice and telling people to go into training mode to try and counter a broken aspect of the game, then tell me, what is your online record?" He also said "When you say 'training mode is there for a reason', any helpful advice you may have given just goes straight out the window. Telling someone to go into training mode implies that they don't know what they are doing. It's one thing to give advice on how to beat Deathstroke, but it doesn't come off that way when you tell people to go to training mode."

I replied to both of his comments, saying "First, I don't have to prove anything to you because I never said I was 'the lord and master of all things Injustice'. Second, online W/L ratios don't matter one bit when it comes to a players actual skill. The ragequit bug, for example. If someone ragequits on you in an online game, both players get a game loss. Seeing this, everybody's W/L ratio is going to be skewed unless they either: never played online or have never had someone ragequit on them. But if you must know, my online W/L ratio is 108 wins, 27 losses and 0 disconnects." Of course I'm mad, so I also said "If there's one thing that bothers me more than an unappreciative scrub, it's an unappreciative scrub who can't swallow his pride, admit that he's having trouble in a fighting game, and won't go into training mode to help himself."

That's where he gets angry. He challenges me to a best 2/3 match on PSN. He even called me a "chicken," because I'm obviously Marty McFly. So I gave him my PSN ID and tell him that I'll be waiting. Normally I wouldn't accept these kinds of challenges or even get this worked up over someone trash talking over the internet, simply because it's just some random scrub on YouTube. However, this particular random scrub really pushed me over the edge. At first, he was trying to make it appear as if the PSN ID didn't exist and that I was afraid. Then, I got the friend request and invite.

Needless to say, I did win the match 2-1. I played really sloppy in the first game and he just barely won. The other 2 games he didn't even deplete my first life bar. He sent me a message on PSN saying "gg". I deleted him from my friend list and didn't reply. And that was the end of that. Or so I thought. It was late, so I went to bed (it was around midnight or 1 AM).

I also got the footage from our match, it's in a much lower quality (recorded with a video camera), but I have each game recorded. The night this was all going on, I was posting updates on the SRK Injustice Hate mail thread on the situation. I mentioned that I had the match footage, but I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't know whether I should upload it to YouTube, keep it to myself as a personal trophy, or just delete it altogether (it was recorded out of spite for his comments about me having no videos of online play). They all egged me on to upload it as a video response. However I just simply uploaded it.

When I woke up the next day, I decided to check his channel and see if he uploaded our match. He did upload another Injustice video, and of course he mentioned what happened between us the night before. However, he described it as an "amusing" story, he tried his hardest to make me seem like the bad guy, and he only uploaded the video of the first match where he won. His reason for only uploading game 1 was because in the following games, I was able to read his tactics and block most of the things he threw at me and that because of that, it was BORING TO WATCH. Yeah, boring. Not to mention that he was still misinterpreting what I told him and still won't get off his high horse.

He ended the commentary saying that he's quitting the game, because you know, if you don't succeed, quit. I'm just going to re-upload it as a video response.

Want a tl;dr? Fine.

tl;dr Scrubby scrub who is somehow popular on youtube with a fanbase that is almost as bad as DSPGaming's fanbase thinks fighting games are all about mashing buttons and if something comes along that beats that tactic it's considered cheap and broken. We go back and forth for a while, which eventually leads up to him getting mad and challenging me to a fight in Injustice. I accept and beat his sorry *butt*. The day after, he's still butthurt and tries to make me look bad.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
D'aww shucks, thanks :B

So I made my video as a video response to the original one where we argued.

Needless to say, he's still salty, but now he's bleeding profusely from his anus onto his keyboard to spell how he "Said GG and admitted that he lost 2-1" and that I "Uploaded this video as a response and plastered my name and channel in the title" WHICH IS A BIG NO-NO GUYS!!! (he mentioned my PSN ID in the video where he showed our first game, which is pretty much what I did. Can anybody here tell him the definition of the word Irony?)

He also repeated how he "hasn't played the game in over a week" before challenging me and that he "wouldn't be gloating about my victory if I were you." Which was ALL HE EVER DID IN HIS INJUSTICE VIDEOS. I swear, the irony is killing me...

So I ask him a few questions (and a statement):
1. Aren't you the one who told me to upload videos to my channel of some Injustice gameplay?
2. Your username is in the title because I fought against you, did I not?
3. If you really didn't play in over a week, then why did you think it would be a good idea to challenge anyone?
4. I'm not gloating about winning. I'm just exposing you for the fraud you are.

Now his butt is on fire it hurts so much.
"I never said I was pro at this game." Oh really now? Then why do you always brag about beating the top players on the player match leaderboards? "You're such a **** talker dude." Says the one who's talking out of his ass (LOL GEDDIT). "I've never even said anything rude to you OTHER THAN telling you that you shouldn't give people advice on the game." Just like I somehow defeated the purpose of giving advice by telling him to go to training mode, he defeated the purpose of this sentence by providing an example of when he was rude to me. I really hope the irony kills him instead. "If this helps your self-esteem then have fun with it." This doesn't boost nor harm my self esteem, but I sure as hell am having fun with it!

"I'm done talking with you and I have nothing else to say to you." Repetition at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen. "I would say it was nice to meet you, but it wasn't." I could say the same to you, Mr. Iknoweverythingaboutvidjagaems. Stay salty.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
lol Wow...

I guess it's mostly those that are inexperienced at fighters tend to do, but people really overestimate/overrate how hard it is to get past Deathstroke spammers. They're not that hard to figure out, and yet scrubs are demanding to NRS that he be nerfed in a patch which is totally fair to those who main and use him properly like myself. :rolleyes: It would be like what happened to Kano in MK9 all over again...

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
These people clearly have never played against a good cyborg player.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
These people clearly have never played against a good cyborg player.
This x10. Deathstroke was very annoying at first for me but once I got enough experience I found he's very predictable.

Cyborg on the other hand... Yikes. Thank god more people haven't caught on to how good his zoning is yet.

Speaking of which who do you guys think are the top characters so far?

Off the top of my head and in no particular order I'd say: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Doomsday, and Green Lantern. Honorable mention to Nightwing but I might be a bit biased there since he's a nightmare match up for my Shazam at the moment... That corner pressure man. ;.;

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
In my opinion, the top characters are (in no particular order): Cyborg, Batman, Superman, Aquaman, and Killer Frost.

Also in my opinion, Doomsday really isn't that great. Aside from having a trait that gives him semi-super armor, 2 moves that can shut zoners down when meter burned, and a fast dash, what else does he have? He doesn't have much combo potential, and if he does get a combo off, it doesn't do too much damage.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good stuff Garbage.

i've seen the light and have started maining Big D Ares himself. Feel free to add me: PSN: GreyZeppelin.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Based on what I've seen so far from Doomsday I'd say these are the reasons he's in my current top 5: Great mobility, arguably has the best anti-zoning tools in the game, one of the best traits in the game, best corner pressure in the game (if DD has you in the corner while his trait is active you're pretty much ****ed), excellent air to air/air to ground options, good throw range, insane mixup potential with that one weird ground-stomp move... The dude is a powerhouse.

The fact that he can't get high damage off of his combos is literally the only weakness I see with this guy right now.

Keep in mind though these are only first month predictions and are likely to change with time.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've not seen much Cyborg on streams yet, although I've probably just been watching the wrong ones. I'm planning on maining him, so him being good makes me happy.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Based on what I've seen so far from Doomsday I'd say these are the reasons he's in my current top 5: Great mobility, arguably has the best anti-zoning tools in the game, one of the best traits in the game, best corner pressure in the game (if DD has you in the corner while his trait is active you're pretty much ****ed), excellent air to air/air to ground options, good throw range, insane mixup potential with that one weird ground-stomp move... The dude is a powerhouse.

The fact that he can't get high damage off of his combos is literally the only weakness I see with this guy right now.

Keep in mind though these are only first month predictions and are likely to change with time.
Ah ok, that makes sense. See, this is what that guy should have done. If he was going to disagree with me, he should have at least backed it up with things other than "Deathstroke's broken, nerf him now, nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf!!!!!!!"

I've not seen much Cyborg on streams yet, although I've probably just been watching the wrong ones. I'm planning on maining him, so him being good makes me happy.

Seeing as he has an infinite keepaway lockdown, "Good," is quite the understatement lol

Definitely go for it! Show those online scrubs who's the REAL keepaway master!

Bane for Bane tier,

then comes the rest of the tiers.
As in above top tier or below bottom tier? :/

Good stuff Garbage.

i've seen the light and have started maining Big D Ares himself. Feel free to add me: PSN: GreyZeppelin.
I'll add you in a bit, my ID is fpws12.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Seeing as he has an infinite keepaway lockdown, "Good," is quite the understatement lol

Definitely go for it! Show those online scrubs who's the REAL keepaway master!
Nice.
My copies due to arrive tomorrow, even though I pre-ordred it back in early April DX, so I've been trying to avoid watching too much footage of the game; I still don't think I've seen any Shazam or Hawkgirl gameplay at all for example.

I've heard people complain about Deathstroke around release, but from what I saw he seemed really easy to get around as long as you don't screw around when trying to approach him/don't punish that sword move he has.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Nice.
My copies due to arrive tomorrow, even though I pre-ordred it back in early April DX, so I've been trying to avoid watching too much footage of the game; I still don't think I've seen any Shazam or Hawkgirl gameplay at all for example.

I've heard people complain about Deathstroke around release, but from what I saw he seemed really easy to get around as long as you don't screw around when trying to approach him/don't punish that sword move he has.
April?! Who did you order from? Please tell us and spare us from having to wait for over a month for games :(

Deathstroke isn't broken in the slightest. In fact, he's quite the opposite. The only reason people are complaining is because they're impatient. They want it to be fast and action-packed like Marvel. But what they don't realize is that NOT EVERY FIGHTER IS MARVEL. Games like these take patience and strategy because they're set at a slower pace than other fighters like Marvel (of course), Blazblue, KoF and so many others.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I really hope they don't nerf Deathstroke because of this. This huge influx of Deathstroke players has put the spot light on him and already people are finding technology against him and figuring him out. At this point the guys not even top 5 in my books.

So hey.
Anyone else finding it hard to stick to a main?

Seems like everytime I go on I try and learn another character to mess around with online.
Really digging Sinistro. Lotsa nice mid-range pokes and Meteor is godlike for anti-airs and trades. Feels like he can fight at any range decently. Think im gonna stick with him.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
April?! Who did you order from? Please tell us and spare us from having to wait for over a month for games :(
Zavvi, and I'm from the UK.
But better news, they've sent me the Xbox version instead of the PS3 version, so it's another 3 weeks wait :awesome:.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i wish harley quinn had better walk speed but she's so much fun to use...her trait is useless though

i'm liking bane and catwoman also

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I really hope they don't nerf Deathstroke because of this. This huge influx of Deathstroke players has put the spot light on him and already people are finding technology against him and figuring him out. At this point the guys not even top 5 in my books.

So hey.
Anyone else finding it hard to stick to a main?

Seems like everytime I go on I try and learn another character to mess around with online.
Really digging Sinistro. Lotsa nice mid-range pokes and Meteor is godlike for anti-airs and trades. Feels like he can fight at any range decently. Think im gonna stick with him.
They really shouldn't nerf him, pretty much everything he has is unsafe as hell. If anything, he needs a buff. They're not going to do it though because all the online scrubs will throw the biggest fit and boycott the game or whatever. At least it will keep even more scrubs from plaguing this game.

Maybe they could nerf his guns and buff his close-range game? I think that would be a good solution. That way, scrubs can't complain about Slade zoners because they will be even easier to get around, and Slade players will be happy because they have better options for when they are up close.

Zavvi, and I'm from the UK.
But better news, they've sent me the Xbox version instead of the PS3 version, so it's another 3 weeks wait :awesome:.
Dude, seriously? I legitimately feel pissed for you right now. Disregard what I said before, I looked up zavvi and checked the price on the game. That is actually really really cheap for a brand new game, so I guess you are better off waiting if you really want to save money.

Oh yeah, when you get the game, feel free to add me on PSN :B

I posted my PSN ID in an earlier comment.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
i wish harley quinn had better walk speed but she's so much fun to use...her trait is useless though

i'm liking bane and catwoman also

Yeah, Harley's actually really fun, but she's kinda tricky for me to use. Like, you can combo into Tantrum Stance, but man, the timing is tricky.

I haven't played much of Bane, but Catwoman's really good and those pounce-enders are so satisfying.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
her combos are easy, it's her fundamentals that are a ***** to learn

she has a piss easy 48% 1 bar combo, her normals are short ranged

but i will say, her f/b3 are really good for getting around projectiles

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Dude, seriously? I legitimately feel pissed for you right now. Disregard what I said before, I looked up zavvi and checked the price on the game. That is actually really really cheap for a brand new game, so I guess you are better off waiting if you really want to save money.

Oh yeah, when you get the game, feel free to add me on PSN :B

I posted my PSN ID in an earlier comment.
It's not too bad, considering it was £39.99 for pre-order with a free copy of MK Komplete, but it's more the incompetence of the service that's a pain XD.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Hey guys, I decided that I'm going to go through with making a Water Guy combo video after finding a meterless midscreen 46% combo with him. The dude is nuckin futs, seriously, I'm out of words to describe his amazing-ness. He's too good.

Although, I think I may want to collaborate with other people on this video. It would make it easier for me as well as having more combos to put in the video.

EDIT: This combo requires a wall-bounce interactable, thus I'm questioning whether or not stage interactables should be legal in tournament play, or at least the stages where the interactables can play a big part, like the pig on the Joker's Asylum stage or Fortress of Solitude (the whole place).

Also, I think someone posted here before about a 102% combo with bane that mostly used interactables, and then there's a 91% superman combo that mostly used interactables, both on the Fortress of Solitude stage.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there's a 153% bane combo using interactables and his trait on fortress of solitude

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the netcode in this game is god awful...seriously NRS...who the hell did you have code this?

Top Bottom