• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Super Smash Wii U Tier List by CT ZeRo

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Psh. Please. Link, mid tier? This tier list obviously is incorrect and unreliable.
(I'm joking)

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The grammar in this post bothered me so much XS

I'm so happy to see Bowser up there bc I was thinking about maining him. It's saddening to see Little Mac so low, but I kinda saw it coming.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
DK Top tier and Bowser high tier?
Please let it be true!

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
I'm extremely happy Mario is shaping up to be good.

phokdapolees

Smash Rookie
No matter how bad Mac is, I will be maining him as long as Doc is in the background cheering me on like in his trailer

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'm confident that Bowser will drop after the full game comes out. But, I'm glad to see that he's at least in the upper half for the demo in someone's opinion. I mean... that's something, right?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
lol Kirby, i hope hes not the best... I gotta main that, i dont want to main the best lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Greninja might end up being my main, so this is great to hear. Little Mac seems perfect for commentary, but not much else.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Here's my impressions of the characters that I used/fought against:
Greninja, Pikachu, Bowser, ZSS, and Rosalina all seem like really well balanced, strong contenders. Mario, Zelda, Toon Link, and Mega Man all seem like they could use some tweaking before the final release.

YorKeY

Smash Cadet

Last edited:

ViRuSy

Smash Cadet
NNID
zvirusz
3DS FC
4897-6866-1159
I want to play the game so bad. Hope they adjust a few things like the lag after the air dodge , hope they make it a bit more faster. Wouldn't hurt if they bring L-Canceling back, at least.
The lag after airdodging is a good thing because airdodging was OP in Brawl. Now you dont land so easily, which increases some combo potential. And sorry, dont get your hopes up for L-Canceling...being something unintentional in Melee. It looks like all the A-moves have low landing lag, so maybe offense is a better option then defense now

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
The lag after airdodging is a good thing because airdodging was OP in Brawl. Now you dont land so easily, which increases some combo potential. And sorry, dont get your hopes up for L-Canceling...being something unintentional in Melee. It looks like all the A-moves have low landing lag, so maybe offense is a better option then defense now
L-cancelling was clearly intentional in Melee seeing as it was in 64 as well. Also from what I noticed, most characters aerials have a lot of landing lag, save for Pikachu, who's fair and dair both have auto-cancel frames.

Edit: Unrelated topic, but ideally Smash 4 will be balanced enough that even the low tiers will be borderline viable like in PM.

Last edited:

Rja410

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rocketjoe69
I think rosealina and luna will be top tier once someone like M2K gets a hold of her cause of luma. I just hope she doesn't have the same fate as mew two in melee

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why do they keep nerfing Marth? He was perfect in Melee. His recovery was bad enough in Melee and they made it impossible to recover in Brawl. I dont understand why they brought the stabbing animation back for Marth's neutral B move, I mean the slash animation looked better, and they made his aerial game bad? Are u kidding me? Nintendo, make Marth back to what he was in Melee.
Brawl Marth had the better recovery lol.

Thank you, Zero, truly inspiring work. I was really curious which characters ran away better than other characters. Now I know going into Smash 4 who to consider maining if I played the same way you did.

A++++ would read again
:shaker:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
At first I thought it was official, but I've just read, "This is just my opinion, though!" and was like, oh. I was about to go sarcastic and make a tier list for Smash 5.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Lol what, why did he even do this, a couple hours of gameplay and you try to make a tier list? That's insane! Considering he only got to play some of those characters once, you know he's going by first impressions and this tier list is most likely ridiculously flawed.

andimidna

Smash Master
Disclaimer: my opinion is far less reliable
-I have to sadly agree with Zelda and Little Mac and the bottom. *sigh*
-I think Marth will be ranked higher.
-I think Rosalina will be originally thought of as low, and then something will be found that allows people to take advantage of her style that will bring her near the top.
-I'd put Zero Suit and Pit over Kirby, honestly.
-I disagree w/ the placement of the E3 2013 newcomers all next to each other in the same tier, can't blame you for WFT though

And didn't Nintendo say Samus was supposed to be the best atm? From what I've seen that doesn't seem true, so I'm worried about the testing and balancing... well, if it is true, they know about it and it will be fixed.
I'm glad they made a demo... hopefully more people are giving their opinions on who has more advantages/disadvantages. If people get vocal about certain things that need to be balanced, we could get a better game. Who knows? Thanks for making this, I'm sure you'll get a lot of undeserved flak for it though. :)

Negalith

Smash Cadet
Sonic will most likely be mid-high tier, his ability to go back and forth on the stage is scary as well as him being able to rack up damage without receiving damage himself. Most likely he'll lack kill moves which is why i would personally keep him at the top end of the mid tier.
Another thing to take into account is that Sonic's speed is even deadlier with the fewer mobility tricks in Smash 4. Great game though. Played it today. Like that they changed up Megaman's Side B.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Wow. My two mains (Pit and Greninja) are BOTH Top-Tier? Can we get a three-peat with King Dedede?
Colbert Fingers Crossed GIF.gif

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think rosealina and luna will be top tier once someone like M2K gets a hold of her cause of luma. I just hope she doesn't have the same fate as mew two in melee
To be fair, Melee Mewtwo really had nothing going for it, as it hardly had any pressure options. Rosalina actually has stuff that could make her quite intimidating, especially since Gravitational Pull would render most projectile games useless. And of course, the Luma helps with her approach options.

If you want to stop Rosalina, the Luma needs to be dealt with first, but a very experienced Rosalina player is sure to switch to defensive maneuvers while waiting for a new Luma to spawn.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Don't worry, the low tier hero can be Little Mac. It fits his game, at least how he starts out.

GlassTop

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry but this isn't right. I played DK at e3, he was the first character I used. He is DEFINITELY NOT top tier. All his normals and smash ranges have been decreased for speed increase. His grab range is pitiful. He does decent damage but that's it. Brawl DK is better in my opinion. Little Mac was winning a LOT of the games at e3. His recovery is really bad but all his moves are ridiculously fast and strong and win over most other attacks. He gets his KO hit at least 2-3 times in a 2 min round. I won 4 times in less than 2 hours left of e3 using Bowser. I used DK, Bowser, Lil Mac, Sonic, and Samus. Most everyone at e3 sucked and I only lost one time against a guy using ZSS camping the boxing ring corner stage and grabbing people out of stage.

Last edited:

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is the first character I play in every Smash, so if he really ends up close to top tier like his N64 level of power, I'll be super happy.
I'll be even happier if Jigglypuff is back and close to her Melee level of power.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Eh, looks like we need more information about my main. At least Pikachu and Donkey Kong look promis--

>Little Mac
>Low tier

WHAT.

Top Bottom