• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Super Smash Wii U Tier List by CT ZeRo

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will agree with Little Mac's tier placement, because if he gets grabbed, that terrible air game of his will pretty much make it very hard for him to avoid getting juggled to death. To add insult to injury, Little Mac actually has to risk getting grabbed if he wants to use his best attacks.

Yes he's a heavy hitter while on the ground, but with such an atrocious aerial game, Little Mac is pretty much Smash 4's answer to Melee's Roy, if not worse.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I thought Little Mac was going to be broken. Turns out its not. Also, Kirby is soooooooooooooo good in this game. It makes me happy :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A Smash 4 tier list, and PM list isn't complete? something's fishy...
It's not like it's an official tier list or anything, as it's bound to change in the future. Likewise, this is only for the Wii U version, since the 3DS demo had combatants that aren't in the Wii U version, and vice versa.

Last edited:

TheEvilSchemer

Smash Rookie
Why do they keep nerfing Marth? He was perfect in Melee. His recovery was bad enough in Melee and they made it impossible to recover in Brawl. I dont understand why they brought the stabbing animation back for Marth's neutral B move, I mean the slash animation looked better, and they made his aerial game bad? Are u kidding me? Nintendo, make Marth back to what he was in Melee.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Love where you placed Pit. :D

Upset about Zelda though, ugh. She deserves to be buffed, her being low tier again will upset me greatly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since when did DK have a great recovery? lol
Spinning Kong does help Donkey Kong deal with horizontal onslaughts, but not so much vertical attacks from above. I've been asking that same question myself, since Spinning Kong has never really been a good vertical recovery move; it's more for horizontal recoveries, if anything.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I'm impressed with Bowser!! He's so awesome now. I'm a wolf guy but I do have brawl so no biggy. I wanna see some pacman footy though!!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Some things to note folks. This isn't the full roster, so all the Top Tiers could very well be mid tiers and so on.

Second, the game is bound to be re balanced, and as such, things could be skewed.

Third, this is done by Zero only. Not alot of match ups for the characters were probably considers so again, this could be off.

Fourth, tier lists are no accurate. Melee and Brawl tiers have been known to change even years after a solid one has been made (ZSS and Salem anyone? Amsa and Yoshi?).

Point being, do not make this matter more then it does. It shouldn't be taken for fact, moreso to roughly see how characters fair on a very shallow level. Hopefully we all can judge it accordingly.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
kirby deserves being in a higher tier.....

and KO throw marth sounds cool.

megaman tho... Q_Q

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac never did advance past the first round in the Invitational, and he actually did get KO'd first against Rosalina in one of the Treehouse footage matches.

Little Mac may be powerful on the ground, but a fighter who's terrible in the air can never really hope to advance higher than the below average tier rankings; Melee's Roy is an example of that.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
OMG PIT IS #2!!?!?!
HOLY BALLS!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO GO HAM :D

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Zero Suit definitely was showing a far dominant performance in the neutral game compared to the rest of cast from both watching and playing. The game rewards the same things as in Brawl, and ZSS, out of the demo cast, got virtually no discernible negative changes given that the physics engine is likewise nearly the same as Brawl. She was far and away better than the rest of the beta build characters.

Side B is safer on shield, is just as meaty and long-range, and gets kills with ease. She trumps the rest of the cast in the neutral game and has all the same followups and more without the ability to airdodge or attack to cancel hitstun. The only characters that seemed nearly up to the same snuff were Rosalina and Fox.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Thank you, Zero, truly inspiring work. I was really curious which characters ran away better than other characters. Now I know going into Smash 4 who to consider maining if I played the same way you did.

A++++ would read again

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Sometimes I wonder why people even join this community if they're gonna be little ******* about tier list.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
No one played as Sonic. I'm not surprised. Only other character that has as little changes as Sonic appears to be Toon Link.

I don't put too much stock in tiers, but this is some interesting insight for a game still in the development process.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I knew that Greninja would be top tier and Little Mac Ltier. It's obvious. Sure, Little Mac has the power meter but since he has one of the worst recoveries and it takes so many hits to get it full, there's a 20% chance you'll actually hit it. But greninja has so many possible combos... oh I loved him before he was confirmed and now with this I love him even more.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
awww yeah!!!! kirby mah main top tier!!!!
and i will make it my duty to make villager a higher tier character.
and we all knew it... zss is ss tier already.

Top Bottom