• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Alkatrazz

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is like wavedashing but better. I guess this is what people have been waiting for. Makes me want to give brawl a chance. I vote for a sticky, this could be rather big
So you'll only switch to Brawl once a sufficient amount of glitches are discovered? :ohwell:

Anyways, I'd love to see it in action with Samus. Wonder if it works with her missiles?

Sudai

Stuff here
So how does this relate to pikachu's qac? I'm guessing it's the same because qac into jump is always a second jump. I probably should read the rest of the thread first lol.
It's not related to Pika's QAC. Pikachu physically touches the ground with the QAC. If it were similar, you could do it centimeters from the ground and still get the lag removal + double jump, but you actually have to touch the ground.

oldhat

Smash Rookie
It's not related to Pika's QAC. Pikachu physically touches the ground with the QAC. If it were similar, you could do it centimeters from the ground and still get the lag removal + double jump, but you actually have to touch the ground.
swing and a miss. qacing is done in the buffer before pika hits the ground.

qac thread said:
So what is a Quick Attack Cancel (QAC)?

Definition: A quick attack that allows you to cancel your quick attack into the ground and stall in the air, leaving you able to perform aerials, jumps, etc.

So far there is only one(and very likely to be the only one) way to do this, which leads us to...

How to: Basically you have to do a QA into the ground. It can be your first QA, second QA, a verticle QA, diagnol QA, short QA, whatever. Once you hit the ground, you stall for a very brief second in the air just above the ground. From this point you can do anything you would normally do after a single jump in the air (regardless of whether you already used your second jump or not).
emphasis from the thread.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151405

Makkun said:
So far we believe that specials that have landing clouds/dust are ISJR'able. We will continue testing until we pretty much figure out which specials can be SJR'd and ISJR'd.
Quick attack leaves dust when pikachu lands, but when pikachu successfully qacs there is no dust.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Pikachu's QAC and Bowser's Klaw work the exact same way. Does anybody know if someone tested B attacks into the ground that can be canceled with a jump? Its not the ISJR by any means, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Thanks for testing kirby. Also are your recent tests of Pit suggesting that his dair might not be ISJR'able? Have you tried a rising dair yet? This is like Ganon's thunderstorming where you do the dair the same moment you jump so that the attack animation finishes quicker. I think this will give more room for you to jump after Pit's dair, unless of course you did this too. >.<

@metaXzero send it to someone who can record it. Actually if you have a replay send it to Makkun so he can record it. PM him first though.

@the diddy ISJR vid. Dang that was nice. 5-6 fairs in a row, I think that's the record in terms of consecutive ISJR jumps lol.
Yeah, I've tried both of those and many variations of them and recent tests of Pit's D-air suggest it can't even be SJRable let alone being ISJR'd.

And lol what are you talking about? I did like 8 U-airs in a row with Pit lol.

@ SamuraiPanda I was trying a bit of Pit's B-moves and they prove to not have the Bowser Claw trait just to clear that up.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Worldjem I doubt any other move will have Bowser's klaw ability although that would be amazing. And are you sure about Pit's dair not being even SJR'able? Woah I believe all moves can be but I guess there may be exceptions. Have you gone to the Pit boards yet? What did they say about Pit's dair?

And lol nvm world record for consecutive ISJR jumps goes to worldjem with 8.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I didn't think of going to the Pit boards but, I did after you mentioned it.

All they say about Pit's dair is that it might be able to spike and there's barely any other mention of it.

There's an ISJR Pit thread that I asked if anyone did the Dair SJR with Pit.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Makkun, are you sure that Diddy's aerials can be Multi-aired? I tried to for a while and I'm pretty sure that they can't.

xDarkElement, look at the previous page. I made a Diddy video.

And also, not that I really care about having the "world record" or anything, but wouldn't 4 of those u-airs just be normal jumped ones, not ISJR'd, since Pit has 4 mid-air jumps?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
no pit has 3 mid-air jumps he has 4 jumps in total: 1 off the ground and 3 mid-air.

The first jump off the ground and the last 2 jumps are probably the ones that are not SJR'd but every one between those are SJRs.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Is there any special way to practice this? Every time I double jump then aerial attack (say with Mario, not his F-air) I cannot get my jump back. Instead I get a cloud on the ground :(

The videos make it look easy, but it doesn't seem easy to me at the moment :(

Oh, and what does "Buffer a jump" mean? Because if that means to push jump again right before I touch the ground, then I'm failing at it :(

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
"buffer a jump" simply means "jump early enough"

Buffering is the system that saves a few of your button inputs and performs them as soon as possible

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
sorry if i sound like an ***, but how exactly is this useful?
and plz no flame, i just don't really see a real use for this, like it seems easier just to land and jump again

worldjem7

Smash Ace
landing and jumping again takes longer than if you SJR a move.

Basically what this tech does is help with speed in the air.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Once you get someone in the air it would be easier to WoP them to the end of the stage. That's one use for it. I'm sure you could think up others.

I don't really know Link so I can't say much.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
WOW X_____X;; OKAY, SO...
First two days out of school, my power goes out from freaking wind. Great. I love living in a forest'd neighborhood. :/

Apologies for not being here, but I had no access to a computer. ): And now I won't have my Wii until tomorrow morning.

Added the Diddy video. Very very nice. XD

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol Makkun. Link will probably have one of the hardest ISJR to perform since he also falls the fastest. So I don't know if the ISJR will help due to difficulty. But his falling speed might actually help b/c then you'll have rapid ISJR'ing of aerials.

Aren't the Link boards discussing uses of ISJR for him or no? If not you should start one.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
lol Makkun. Link will probably have one of the hardest ISJR to perform since he also falls the fastest. So I don't know if the ISJR will help due to difficulty. But his falling speed might actually help b/c then you'll have rapid ISJR'ing of aerials.

Aren't the Link boards discussing uses of ISJR for him or no? If not you should start one.
true true, i can do it with the neutral b with link, but i cant isjr with the fair or bair. thought i should put that here

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Well I wasn't quite sure what buffering meant until recently but, that didn't stop me from making the vids I've provided. I'm sure you're fine but, if you must know then go back a page. They explained it earlier.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I can't explain it in detail but i'm pretty sure buffering means inputting a command before the actual animation initiates. So essentially it's a delayed command. Correct me anyone?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
You're right, it's a delayed command, but if you put it in too early, it won't work. So therefor you put it in about 5 frames before the animation ENDS, not initiates.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
I think I found the frames when this is possible to do. I'm not sure if this is already known.

I believe it's during the character's extremely short transition frames from an aerial attack animation going into the falling animation.

You still have to buffer a jump just before this transition.

I found this out while I was trying SJR's with Snake. I compared in 1/4 time between a normal falling animation and Snake's Nair SJR. I noticed that I was able to do the SJR when Snake was just about to finish his transition animation.

If you can I/SJR with a character, go ahead and take a look for yourself. Go to training, 1/4 speed with the 2nd person getting the Timer.

Anyways, have a good day. :bee:

saberhof

Smash Master
i wish to see what can Dedede can do, multiair?? does that mean he can do this many times and just keep on jumping? =O...

this is really awesome..

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'll work on Ike tonight when I get home from work to confirm/deconfirm his ISJR aerials. I'll also upload vids if I have any success.

**hopes for the best**

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
During the little testing that I did with Ike, I've *unofficially* come to the conclusion that he cannot SJR infinitely. Of course he can SJR, like most aerials that don't change your momentum, just not infinitely. There are more frames in his aerials than in his second jump. I encourage to do your own testing, though.

Kirk

Smash Champion
During the little testing that I did with Ike, I've *unofficially* come to the conclusion that he cannot SJR infinitely. Of course he can SJR, like most aerials that don't change your momentum, just not infinitely. There are more frames in his aerials than in his second jump. I encourage to do your own testing, though.
I mostly agree with this, the ONLY aerial I can see having any shot at ISJRing is Bair. All of his other aerials have too many frames, just barely ending before his regular full hop, if at all. His second jump is much shorter as well, so we have to take that into account. Since his Bair can auto cancel short hopped, this leads me to think that it MIGHT be possible with Bair. But I'm at work now so I can say that for sure lol. But I'll be sure to look into it when I get back :D

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I think I found the frames when this is possible to do. I'm not sure if this is already known.

I believe it's during the character's extremely short transition frames from an aerial attack animation going into the falling animation.

You still have to buffer a jump just before this transition.

I found this out while I was trying SJR's with Snake. I compared in 1/4 time between a normal falling animation and Snake's Nair SJR. I noticed that I was able to do the SJR when Snake was just about to finish his transition animation.

If you can I/SJR with a character, go ahead and take a look for yourself. Go to training, 1/4 speed with the 2nd person getting the Timer.

Anyways, have a good day. :bee:
Yeah I was thinking this same exact thing. I usually time my SJRs so that a move like Snake's Uair would be SJR'd as he's falling backwards from upside-down mode to falling mode. :p I never got a chance to post about it though. Still it seems like some characters have slightly different windows, like Toon Link.

@Saberhof: Multi-air means the character could do the move more than once between ISJRs. ISJR is when you can do it over and over as many times as you want. All multi-jump characters can fastfall/multi-air/isjr all of their aerials because they can jump so many times.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Are Luigi's Down-B and Pikachu's QAC counted the same as Bowser's Koopa Hop? I understand they're all different from other ISJR's in mechanics. Also, can there be another category for these unique SJR's, or are they too different to count as SJR's, even though the effect is the same?

Kirk

Smash Champion
After testing today with Ike, I can say with 99% certainty that NONE of his aerials can be used for ISJR.

Like I thought, the Bair was the closest one to this, but it just barely takes too long for it to work out.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I don't know if the list is updated or not, but I've been able to to ISJ with all wario aerials except for nair.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
After testing today with Ike, I can say with 99% certainty that NONE of his aerials can be used for ISJR.

Like I thought, the Bair was the closest one to this, but it just barely takes too long for it to work out.
it does work with his Uair, I can guarantee it. I have a replay with me doing it 5x, but I have no way to upload it

Wii number and brawl code to the left. I'll send it if you want

sweener

Smash Rookie
Why is this the bottom hidden out of sight.
on the thing "@__o This technique gives mobility and speed! Will hopefully be extremely useful for juggling and combos!"

I kept seeing this and I was like so what if you could do all that stuff. Now I know what its worth. that should be more visable or are we trying to filter out noobs?

Top Bottom