• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Details

Dekar173

Justice Man
Buffered infinite: Input the infinite as fast as you want, you won't drop it against these characters.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umre2ePCx2M

MK
ZSS
Jiggs
G&W
Sonic
Mario

Wait: These characters require more finesse than those you can buffered infinite. By "wait" I mean instant throw down > airdodge to catch banana > pivot > WAIT A FEW FRAMES > dthrow banana > repeat

Just wait until they're done bouncing off of the ground, then dthrow the naner :)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55jTLuhANYc

Marth
Kirby
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Snake
Peach
Tink*
Ganon
Zelda*
Sheik
Link
Samus***
Pit
Olimar
Captain Falcon*
Jiggs
Charizard*
Ivysaur
Ness*

Glidetoss Infinite: You can't just dthrow the banana against certain characters when you're grounded, you've got to glidetoss.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqboYqRlZjw

Pikachu
Kirby*
Diddy*
Yoshi**
Tink*
Zelda*
Olimar
Captain Falcon*
Jiggs
Charizard*
Ivysaur
Ike
Ness*

Footstool Infinite: Some characters are too fat, or just bounce too high to be infinited using the easy infinite, for these, you need to footstool infinite.

DK
Yoshi**
D3
Wario
Bowser
ROB

Drift: These two characters require that you DI while airborne BEFORE instant throwing the naner down in order to keep the infinite going.

Lucario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFvcjPverY
Lucas

Can not infinite: These characters slide too far, are too small, or there are 2 of them ;)

Weegee
ICs
Squirtle (?)

Notes:
* is used to indicate that the glidetoss infinite is the "easiest" to perform (for me, anyway).
** is used to indicate that the footstool infinite is easiest against this particular character.
*** Samus' bounce is very wonky, when she bounces, you need to shorthop > WAIT > instant throw naner down > etc. otherwise the banana will bounce too high for you to catch it after it hits her.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Good stuff dekar, what do the asterisk mean and why are there some chars listed more than once for these?
Ways you can start off the infinite:

Video, done in order- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nvykmfTxI

1. Backwards glidetoss down > infinite
2. Shorthop downthrow > infinite
3. Fullhop > wait > downthrow > infinite (against shorter characters)
4. True Pivot > downthrow > infinite
5. Full dash jump canceled turnaround down throw > infinite
6. Buffered diddy kick cancel > glidetoss down (low percents)
7. Double banana lock > full dash jump canceled turnaround down throw > infinite
8. Down throw banana > infinite (situational, typically against dash attacks, and you must be facing away)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ways you should NOT try to infinite these characters:

Metaknight-

Snake-

Falco-

Diddy-
Don't infinite each other! ;p

ICs-
:(

Wario-

Marth-

Olimar-

Pikachu-

Lucario-

D3-
Only footstool infinite him!

ZSS-

G&W-

Tink-

Fox-

Wolf-
Use all of the infinites

Peach-

DK-
Footstool!

Kirby-

Rob-
Footstool!

Pit-
Use everything.

Sonic-
Use everything.

Ike-
Footstool this homo.

Weegee-
:troll:

Sheik-

Ness-

Yoshi-
FOOTSTOOL

Squirtle-

Ivysaur-

Charizard-

Lucas-

Mario-

Bowser-
FOOTSTOOLLLLL

Samus-
Why are you infiniting this poor character?

Captain Falcon-

Link-
Use everything you have against the hero of time.

Jiggs-

Zelda-

Ganon-

-Googs

Smash Lord
I understand the glidetoss one now. To figure it out,

go into training mode and set cpu to pikachu. try the infinite the normal way and notice when you throw it down after the pivot it doesnt hit him no matter how much you DI, now try to glidetoss backwards and throw the nana down, then run forward and instant the banana down back at him catch pivot glidetoss back and down again repeat. a lot harder to do than I thought

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you can always just walk a bit inside the character and you achieve the same results. just set to walk. **** seems to work fine on pika/d3

Dekar173

Justice Man
D3/fatter characters you have to have the spacing perfect, just do the footstool one (no room for error!)

As for the tripping factor, just put anti-trip on your wii. **** the stupid unity ruleset. ;)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
that is true about the spacing. friggin one diddy foot away and it does the auto banana trip : [

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice, thanks.

Do you know why Marth sometimes bounces away from me while he should bounce in front of me when I try to hit him with a grounded banana downtoss? Is it because of bad timing or is it just spacing? I try hitting his feet/legs, but sometimes he just bounces away and it seems random to me. :/

Edit: hm, seems like it was really just that I threw it too early...

T-block

B2B TST
About the infinite on Lucas... unlike Lucario, Lucas trips too far for the standard infinite, right? Do you think you have time to put up a video on Lucas? Is the timing a lot stricter for him?

Doc King

Smash Lord
It's also no longer truly infinite because dashing introduces the chance of tripping =(
It's still an infinite, tripping just means that it can be combo breaked. Also if you footstool the opponent and don't move on the ground, then you don't have to worry about tripping. :p

T-block

B2B TST
I was talking only about the glide toss SNL.

The other point is just semantics. Bottom line is, it's no longer 100% guaranteed to be a stock.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
good shiz dekar baby, do you have any vids of you using these techniques in tournament matches or friendlies?

ortiz34

Smash Cadet
I might be missing something, but why do my opponent keep tripping on the same side? If you could describe the infinite in addition to video it would be fantastic :) Seriously I don't understand why he's felling on the other side :\

EDIT: I guess it was late last night :S haha So you have to pivot land to dthrow I guess, thank you anyway :) probably a good idea to describe it in OP anyway ;)

Vega4

Smash Ace
Dekar, you should put in the videos' description a link to this topic :)

cFive

Smash Apprentice
awesome threat!
could you tell me how you think the inputs are best / how you do it? instant throw with c-stick or without? is fastfall nessesary?

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I notice the "wait" characters are easier to infinite if you walk over and pivot dthrow after the trip. i do it with falco and it works great

-Googs

Smash Lord
I notice the "wait" characters are easier to infinite if you walk over and pivot dthrow after the trip. i do it with falco and it works great.

Player-1

Smash Legend
old bump, but I was messing around with wario and it turns out we can glidetoss infinite him if we aim the banana bounce for his stubby feet, it's hard though :X

also, there are a few characters where I find using dair instead of airdodge is easier (lucario and charizard)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The part I am having trouble with is while I am doing a rising short hop, my character winds up doing a Dair to catch the banana instead. Any tips as to how I can possibly time it?

Player-1

Smash Legend
you should still be able to infinite with an autocancelled dair first off, but you're supposed to be catching it with air dodge. Input should be c stick down (to throw banana down)> air dodge catch

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Are you saying I should air dodge to catch the banana and then immediately toss the banana downwards with the C-stick after the banana bounces off the character? Or do I airdodge and C-stick the banana all together at the same time?

Player-1

Smash Legend
the inputs for this should be:

short hop> c stick down for a regular banana throw down> airdodge catch> (land on ground)> (buffer is necessary in a lot of cases) pivot dthrow [END START]> short hop > instant throw down (airdodge + c stick down) > regrab with air dodge> (land on ground) pivor dthrow [LOOP].

The [end start] thing is just how you'd start it up, slight change after that.

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
P1, that was the best explanation thus far. I've been trying to find this for weeks. I saw a video of nagahari doing this to a MK. Sick stuff. Everytime I'd look for an explanation of the infinite, it would be a regular SH dthrow, dthrow catch, SH dthrow, repeat. No one had explained the 'pivot style' infinite where you dthrow from the ground. Anyways, I gotta practice this.

:phone:

vato_break

Smash Master
so sideb kick>footstool>infinite work reliably? like i saw the video vs that falco...and i've been doing it on falcos but is it legit vs other characters using this method. like vs snake maybe? because if this works vs snake then...thats kinda **** lmao

Zinoto

Smash Lord
^

An alternative is forward glide toss --> pick up banana --> run up and footstool --> infinite. Works at all percents and is more reliable, but platforms still get in the way.

Top Bottom