• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Details

saberhof

Smash Master
Awesome thread! Im still practicing against certain characters (Like Snake) But they seem to trip the wrong way...i dont know what causing it, maybe my placement on my pivot throw...but i dont know :/

all i know is that practice will make up for it.

any tips on this would be great, on whats causing this "different trip" animation...

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's where you're hitting their feet. Depending on where you hit them, they'll trip one way or the other, OR slip. All about positioning.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Footstool --> downward banana toss --> z-catch --> fastfall --> footstool --> downward banana toss --> aerial/z-catch --> fastfall --> pivot downward banana toss (on ground) --> full hop and insta throw banana down --> z-catch --> fast fall --> repeat.

Vega4

Smash Ace
That's not footstool infinite. That's just a footstool start that Suinoko uses for the regular infinite.
It's a good way imo, cause the usual jump-downthrow nana not work that easy for starting the infinite in tall characters like Marth.

I'd like to see a video of the regular infinite with the regular start on Snake and Marth...

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmaTX6qQEQs&t=4m33s

This is the footstool infinite. Taller characters have their hurtboxes up higher, so when they are hit by a downward thrown banana, it flies up slightly higher than shorter characters. If you buffer an airdodge to catch the banana for all the characters, there shouldn't be a noticeable difference. Some characters are too tall though, so you'll have to use the footstool infinite ^ (Characters like :rob:, :dedede:, :dk2:, etc.)

EDIT: Also Suinoko uses the footstool --> grizzinfinite, probably because it's quicker not easier. Footstooling your opponent doesn't require as many frames as jumping up and throwing the banana downward. However, the japanese always get to go to :fdb:, which we can't. So platforms can make this a mess for us :diddy: in other regions.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I really liked that combo video, and ya your explanation makes sense, I realized after watching the combo video and opurin doing it to the wolf player around 3:30. Suinoku just didn't necessarily have to do it in that situation where as opurin did

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Yep, the good part though is that most characters go forward when you do the footstool thing, but others go behind you so I guess you just gotta learn the situations.

Also, how do you do the infinite set up you did on Tyrant. I've been trying to replicate that for a week now and still can't do it. This is what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1PZMMM_R4&t=3m50s

Is that guaranteed or did he just not expect it?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not sure what you mean, it's just glidetoss down forward, sh instant throw and start it from there. Sometimes you get turned around when you land (which I did in that video) and you just have to turn back around when you land.

edit: and it is guaranteed

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Oh, I guess I just made it harder than it actually was lol. I tried that against Ally and couldn't get the insta-throw down part.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Ok. I am not buffering I guess. I'll practice with the regular jump and buffering.
Btw, someone has a video doing this to Snake? It's always MK, ZSS and Marth...

Vega4

Smash Ace
Ok.

Talking about the footstool start that we saw in that vid vs Falco, we always have to do two footstools before starting the regular one? and we have to catch the naner with Z instead of an airdodge?
Edit:I already tried, and we can do it, but it's true that the jump is so high. I just can buffer regulary the air dodge after the short hop for starting this vs Marth, f*** xD

Also one more thing, Dekar listed this as al the starts for the infinite:

Video, done in order- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nvykmfTxI

1. Backwards glidetoss down > infinite
2. Shorthop downthrow > infinite
3. Fullhop > wait > downthrow > infinite (against shorter characters)
4. True Pivot > downthrow > infinite
5. Full dash jump canceled turnaround down throw > infinite
6. Buffered diddy kick cancel > glidetoss down (low percents)
7. Double banana lock > full dash jump canceled turnaround down throw > infinite
8. Down throw banana > infinite (situational, typically against dash attacks, and you must be facing away)

It's the number 7 really viable? If it is, why no one use it? it would be ****... (just like Vato said about the footstool...)

Zinoto

Smash Lord
#7 is indeed guaranteed; however, if you hesitate at any point (i.e. it's not buffered) the opponent can input a roll and escape. A way to see if something "works" is to put the computer on walk and try it then. This'll make the computer roll on the first available frame.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Then the best way to start it is #1? It's like the more easy to get in a real match...

Btw, first post should be updated with the ways to start the infinite that Dekar posted, and also with the video of the footstool infinite. A mod should do it, I have not seen Dekar posting lately...

:phone:

eviljar626

Smash Rookie
is derkar still active? you are a genius for testing this. much appreciated, and i have done the buffered infinite on rob, but the timing is insanely hard to pull of, you have to almost perfect buffer the airdodge catch. unless i am mistaken, ive done it on practice with walk on

Top Bottom