• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indianapolis Smash

Aware.Awake

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBananas
Hey guys,

I noticed a thread regarding Indiana players. However, I'm looking for people from Indianapolis/Surrounding cities specifically to get together and play with/possibly organize some tourneys for fun. I have a handful of friends interested but the more the merrier!

Thanks!

Grackin

Smash Rookie
I'm up north just south of Fort Wayne (an hour and a half from indy) and I've got a large-ish venue usable nearly whenever I want. We'd need to additional tables and maybe chairs, but it's perfectly capable of hosting a smash sesh on the cheap. I'm not sure what you guys have going on in Indy, but you can keep this in mind if the Indiana scene progresses. I'm also fairly close to the Ohio border, so we'd be able to draw a crowd from there as well as Michigan.

Aware.Awake

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBananas
I'm up north just south of Fort Wayne (an hour and a half from indy) and I've got a large-ish venue usable nearly whenever I want. We'd need to additional tables and maybe chairs, but it's perfectly capable of hosting a smash sesh on the cheap. I'm not sure what you guys have going on in Indy, but you can keep this in mind if the Indiana scene progresses. I'm also fairly close to the Ohio border, so we'd be able to draw a crowd from there as well as Michigan.
I'm fairly new to the Smash scene here, however we have weekly tournaments and there's a sizeable amount of people actively playing in the city and even the surrounding areas. I'd be willing to make it to Fort Wayne if the event was large enough. I'm in the process of finding a TV and a GCN adapter so I can contribute a set up to any events I can make it too. The local music venue here is pretty open to game/movie nights as there have been MTG events and even a Smash/Pokemon events a few times a year. So I think it'd be cool to hold an event there granted the maximum capacity might become a problem if the turn out was good enough.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I'm fairly new to the Smash scene here, however we have weekly tournaments and there's a sizeable amount of people actively playing in the city and even the surrounding areas. I'd be willing to make it to Fort Wayne if the event was large enough. I'm in the process of finding a TV and a GCN adapter so I can contribute a set up to any events I can make it too. The local music venue here is pretty open to game/movie nights as there have been MTG events and even a Smash/Pokemon events a few times a year. So I think it'd be cool to hold an event there granted the maximum capacity might become a problem if the turn out was good enough.
Have you been to the local Salty Sundays in central Indy?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
The next upcoming weekly is 02.01.15:

"Broadway UMC
609 E 29th St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46205

In addition to the Salty Events listed below, we will be watching the Super Bowl and Top 8 at Apex together.

Super Bowl
• Big screen HD tv to watch the game
• Soda will be provided. Feel free to bring other snacks to share
• Don’t come if you’re a Pats fan (jk)

Apex Top 8
• Streaming on the big screen tv following the Super Bowl
• We have extended hours at the venue to ensure we don’t miss any of Melee top 8

Please remember the venue fee of 5$$ for February. It covers 02.01.15, 02.08.15, 02.15.15, 02.22.15. This also applies to those who want to come and play friendlies and not enter brackets. Friendlies are encouraged for those not in bracket; those in bracket should avoid friendlies while they are still in. Those who delay bracket by playing friendlies instead of bracket matches may face disqualification.

3pm - Doors Open
3:45pm - Melee Doubles [Blind Date]
4:45pm - Wii U Singles [No Customs]
5:45pm - PM Singles [All Star]
11pm?? - Doors Close/Clean-Up

EXTENDED HOURS FOR APEX/SUPER BOWL VIEWING!!

For each event you want to enter; there is a 1$$ entry fee. I do not guarantee I am able to make change; if you want to ensure your entry into an event please have appropriate change ready. The pot winnings do change based on the type of event. Distributions shown below:

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 40%

Crew Battle:
1st: 100%

Our CRT Vault is re-opened. We are now able to store CRTs at the venue. This means you may bring set-ups for Melee/P:M and we will likely have a spare CRT to go along with it. Bringing CRTs is still highly encouraged. Please also bring HDTVs along with Wii U set-ups. Brackets may be given a player cap (8 per set-up) and/or cancelled due to lack of set-ups present. We do have spare gamecube controllers, power strings, and gamecube adaptors for Wii U. We encourage those who wish to bring N64, Super Smash Flash 2, and 3DS set-ups. If, and only if, there is enough time, set-ups, and interest we may hold a side event for any of those three."

T o r c h

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Probably will not be able to make this Sunday but definitely on February 8th I will be there! Is this usually every Sunday evening? Looking forward to meeting some fellow Indy Smashers!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Probably will not be able to make this Sunday but definitely on February 8th I will be there! Is this usually every Sunday evening? Looking forward to meeting some fellow Indy Smashers!
Yes, it's a regular sunday event.

And the times for the 8th are:
3pm - Doors Open
3:45pm - Melee Singles
4:45pm - Wii U Crew [Customs]
5:45pm - PM Singles
9pm - Doors Close/Clean-Up

Last edited:

Calibar

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna play smash near carmel indiana?
I know this is kind of inactive, but I'd do it if anybody's interested. I have a few people that I play with once a week or so, but want to find more people to play melee with in Carmel.

Top Bottom