• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indianapolis Salty Summers Circuit 2014

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Indianapolis Salty Summers Circuit

Looking for some smash this summer? Get ready for the Indianapolis Salty Summers Circuit event! This is a singles circuit, primarily for the Indianapolis scene. But out of state travelers are welcome to come and get wrecked.

STREAM: twitch.tv/indysmash
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianapolisSmash/
DOCUMENT: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTrxrDgYW3ZVBpuYXEZcrCpNWVOqV0VrrrNM1GRvRRM

Hosts

@ Xiivi Xiivi
@ DtJ XeroXen DtJ XeroXen
@ JmanJ JmanJ
@ kittheshadow kittheshadow
@ CawRiN CawRiN
@ OldManDyl (OMD) OldManDyl (OMD)
& More

Event Schedule
Circuit Events
May 31st - Godlike Saturday Almost June Edition
June 1st - Salty Sunday NaCl
June 15th - Salty Sunday KBr
June 28th OR July 5th TBD - Godlike Saturday July Edition
June 29th - Salty Sunday MgBr2
July 13th - Salty Sunday CaSO4

Final Event
Saturday July 26th - The Salt Shaker

Venues

Salty Sunday Venue
Broadway UMC
609 East 29th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46205
Venue Opens At 2:30pm and closes at 10pm for all dates.

Godlike Saturday Venue
Net Battles
49 W Maryland St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Venue Opens At 10:00am and closes at 10pm for all dates.

The Salt Shaker Venue
TBA

[collapse=Payouts]Payouts subject to change by percentage if any events have attendance below 8 players or above 64 players. Please note that each event will have a set 20$$ taken from the pot to go towards a pot bonus for the final event.

Circuit Event Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Final Event Payout
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%
[/collapse]
[collapse=Circuit Points]Circuit Points will be distributed from event of the qualifying circuit events based on number of players. Circuit Points will help determine if you can get into the pro bracket at the final event!

8 or fewer players
1: 30
2: 15
3: 6
4+: 1

9-16 players
1: 40
2: 32
3: 20
4: 17
5: 12
9+: 1

17+ players
1: 50
2: 37
3: 32
4: 25
5: 20
7: 17
9: 12
13+: 1
[/collapse]
[collapse=Cost]
Circuit Event Pricing
Venue Fee: 5$$
Project M Singles: 5$$
Melee Singles: 5$$

Final Event Pricing
Venue Fee: Subject to change until venue is announced; 5$$ OR 10$$
Project M Singles: 10$$
Melee Singles: 10$$
[/collapse]
[collapse=Rule Set]Melee Singles
Project M Singles (Stage List 1)[/collapse]

card28

Smash Rookie
Once I train a bit more with Diddy, and get better vs Mario, Marth and Fox imma be ready to win some money

Shrug

Smash Cadet
According to Google Maps, the trip from Springfield to Indianapolis is comparable to the trip from Springfield to Chicago. If I'm willing to go all the way to Chicago for their monthlies, I'd might as well consider coming to some of these events. What's the scene like in Indianapolis? Would this be something worth going to? What's the average turnout?

JmanJ

Smash Cadet
According to Google Maps, the trip from Springfield to Indianapolis is comparable to the trip from Springfield to Chicago. If I'm willing to go all the way to Chicago for their monthlies, I'd might as well consider coming to some of these events. What's the scene like in Indianapolis? Would this be something worth going to? What's the average turnout?
Our scene is relatively new, yet growing. The most we had for a weekly was around 50 people. If you come to enough of these circuit events, you might get enough points to qualify for a guaranteed spot in the bracket for our final event. Hope to see you there!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
The Salty Sunday events usually draw larger numbers than the Godlike Saturday; if you're coming from out of state and want to go to a bigger event, I recommend the Salty Sunday events. That doesn't mean we don't have potential for big Saturday events; First Date was 70ish people and The Salty Shaker should be large as well.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the information, guys. I'm going to EXPosure 10 up in Chicago on Saturday, so the soonest I'll be able to make it out to Indianapolis would be the 15th. I'm not as sure of my availability for the events after the 15th, but I'll try to keep those dates open.

As for my chances of making it to the big final bracket, I guess we'll see. I'm still pretty new myself. Given that and my inability to make it to every event, I'm a bit doubtful about my chances of getting enough points.

That's not a big deal, though. I'm just glad to have the chance to play smash with more people!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
We'll be glad to have you! Also note, on the Sundays where we aren't having a circuit event, we'll still be having the normal Salty Sundays where there are no paid tournaments (only a monthly venue fee of 5$$) at the same UMC venue.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, that's cool. That works out even better. I'll try to make it out on the 8th as well. I'll have to see if I'll have enough money for gas. If I do, then I'll definitely come.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
I made it to Round 3 WB today. I was one ***** Fist away from putting Rook in Loser's. Hell I probably could have bair'd him and got a kill. Percents were high on 1 stock each, last round of a 3 round set, but Rook eventually took it. After the match, he was talking with Cawrin about our match. Rook said I was a speedbump but he took me out. Psh, Rook we went into Round Three and you were having a time against my Mario, especially on Stadium when I caped you in the fray a couple times. Then there's the pill rush, the Double Dunk, the Star Tornado mixups...speedbump? Dude I was a 4 ft deep pothole, and you damn near blew a tire and crashed.

Speedbump...

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Yea GG's everyone, was fun. Shoutouts to whoever it was Crow that came in with Olimar and Wario, you should definitely come to more Salty Sundays.

Lance I'm coming for you. Swear to god.

Last edited:

phantom1412

Smash Rookie
Hello I am entirely new to the tournament scene so to speak , so would anyone perhaps mind providing me with a break down about how exactly these tournaments typically operate and if any prerequisite qualifications are needed or can anyone come to any event and play
thank you

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I'm not a TO for Salty, but I think I can give you enough of an explanation!

Every Sunday we smashers get together and play Melee/PM, from 2:30PM-9:00PM EST. We're running a series of different events taking place throughout the summer.

Every other sunday we run a bracket for the two games, with top finishers earning points that will count toward the final event (Certain # of points will qualify you out of pools for final event).

The only prerequisite for attending Salty Sundays is to contribute $5 per month for the venue fee, to enter brackets is 10$ per bracket.

We do have plenty of CRT TV's, but if you can bring a console+game, great! We hope to see you here soon :)

phantom1412

Smash Rookie
I'm not a TO for Salty, but I think I can give you enough of an explanation!

Every Sunday we smashers get together and play Melee/PM, from 2:30PM-9:00PM EST. We're running a series of different events taking place throughout the summer.

Every other sunday we run a bracket for the two games, with top finishers earning points that will count toward the final event (Certain # of points will qualify you out of pools for final event).

The only prerequisite for attending Salty Sundays is to contribute $5 per month for the venue fee, to enter brackets is 10$ per bracket.

We do have plenty of CRT TV's, but if you can bring a console+game, great! We hope to see you here soon :)

phantom1412

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your knowledgeable response to my question. Its nice to see there is a place in which SSBM is played so often and at the very same time with in decent distance of where I currently am.
So every Sunday including this upcoming Sunday correct. O also if I may add its nice to see smashers that yield from Beech Grove IN

phantom1412

Smash Rookie
o is that so i knew a few as well , but yeah having some opportunities to branch out against others outside of my typical array of players would be interesting

Top Bottom