• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I wouldn't call it bi-polar as much as I don't have **** to do on weekends and I came to realize I wanted to play again while smoking some green.

So yeah, I wanna play again.

Anywho, I found this venue on Bardstown Rd. that isn't super large but it's big enough for a local of like 20 people. That and I could rent it for like 25 bucks, which is a steal. So yeah, I'll try to get ahold of some connects and rent this place.

wangston

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call it bi-polar as much as I don't have **** to do on weekends and I came to realize I wanted to play again while smoking some green.

So yeah, I wanna play again.

Anywho, I found this venue on Bardstown Rd. that isn't super large but it's big enough for a local of like 20 people. That and I could rent it for like 25 bucks, which is a steal. So yeah, I'll try to get ahold of some connects and rent this place.
HECK YES RENT THIS AND LETS DO BI WEEKLIES when there are no other tourneys. 25$ is really cheap too.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yo I am visiting Decatur Indiana. It is pretty close to Fort Wayne, and from what I have heard there actually has been a series of tournaments here in town that the Fort Wayne crew has came down for. I REALLY want to play. HALP!!!

wangston

Smash Lord
So mister eric is in la grange now woot. He is staying a min from my place. If people are interested I can host smashfest/tourney. All we need is for some one to get the Louisville people and bring them here. I'm always willing to host if people are willing to come down.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yo I am visiting Decatur Indiana. It is pretty close to Fort Wayne, and from what I have heard there actually has been a series of tournaments here in town that the Fort Wayne crew has came down for. I REALLY want to play. HALP!!!
Decatur (and most of Fort Wayne), is mostly into Melee. If that's your game you're golden. In fact, there are Melee/Project M/64 tournaments in Decatur every few weeks or so!

We in Huntington play everything though (literally like every game ever), and we're not that far, so there's a decent scene for everything around here. Which is really weird to say...

Kel

Smash Master
I find it odd that Gary Indiana and Pikevill Kentucky have the same social chat.

This chat needs more trucks and mountain dew in order to be Kentucky!

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm itchin to smash. Ppl come to wanggggg's
This!!! Thinking about doing a tourney for all the local people and anyone else that wants to come. This month there is the s2d tourney 16th and the arcade legends 30th. I was thinking hosting something on the on the 23rd if people are interested.

HyruleOceanic

Smash Cadet
Is there any touneys coming up in Muncie? I will be attending college there and I'm hoping to find a good group of smashers to play with.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
No tournaments are coming up in Muncie. However, there is a player named Steep who also attends there.

Not to mention I have a few friends who will be going to college there, so I wouldn't mind driving down sometimes.

Unfortunately, tournaments are usually a decent distance away from this location, but Steep often travels to them and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to take you to a few if you contact him.

steep

Smash Lord
No tournaments are coming up in Muncie. However, there is a player named Steep who also attends there.

Not to mention I have a few friends who will be going to college there, so I wouldn't mind driving down sometimes.

Unfortunately, tournaments are usually a decent distance away from this location, but Steep often travels to them and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to take you to a few if you contact him.
I'm steep, and I approve this message.

All silliness aside, I look forward to meeting you HyruleOceanic! You going to Ball State? We could get a good brawl scene going if we could get some people coming to weekly gatherings for smash or something! I've hosted a small tourney once before and I'd like to make that a more regular thing if we could get a good little community going. PM me and I'll give you my cell # and we can figure out what the plan will be!

steep

Smash Lord
Awesome! We played 8 concerts in 10 days! The last concert was in front of 4000 people and I had the first solo of the night! It's the coolest thing to walk out in front of the band and hear 4000 people go crazy as you are about to solo. The crowd's energy really fed my solo and I played easily my best solo to date.

The food was amazing too. Oh man it was so tasty. I ate a chicken head at one point… lol I tried everything that was put in front of me!

The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of in China was the internet security. The whole Big Brother thing was really weird and kinda creepy. There's a definite "we're watching you, so behave" vibe.

But yeah I have a recording of that last concert that I may end up putting on youtube. I can link you sometime if you are interested.

Also, I am sight reading a jazz concert in Huntington on the 24th of June XeroXen! You should come listen! And I should be free to brawl anytime except for when I'm performing on both the 23 and 24. :D

steep

Smash Lord
Uh I'll let you know when I know! I have no idea of any of the details yet! lol I won't even know what songs we're playing until I get there.

Top Bottom