• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Incoming info dump!

MelloGrunty

Smash Rookie
NNID
shotaberry
3DS FC
3797-7419-4357
hey guys! i've been playing lucas for a couple months now, and for the most part i've been lurking on these boards, but i think it's about time i contribute a little. i'm going into the lab for some percentage shenanigans for the first time, and i intend to post any information i get onto here. i'm basically just gonna go through some BnB's on EVERY CHARACTER, see what works at what percents, and then post them all here.

however, as said, this is my first time doing this (and posting it, as well) so i'd like to know if you guys have any other things you'd want compiled into the info dump.

also, how would you like this info organized? should i just upload the doc to google drive and then submit the link here? should i submit the info by character? by weight class? what would be the most convenient way?

please note that some of these are completely hypothetical; maybe others have had similar questions. for example, i'm probably not the only one to have wondered if dash attack to upsmash works on heavies or spacies, but is too lazy to lab it. things that i'm not entirely sure about are marked with a ? at the end.

also, please note that since i don't have anyone that would be willing to put up with me going through all this for a few hours, i don't have anyone to sit here and hold the control stick in different directions for DI. these will all be done on CPU's in training mode at varying percents.

currently the list of things i intend to post about include:
1.) downthrow - uptilt
2.) downthrow - upsmash
3.) downthrow - regrab
4.) downthrow - upair
5.) downthrow - backair
6.) downthrow - fair ?
7.) downthrow - nair
8.) downthrow - f-smash
9.) downthrow - dair ?
10.) downthrow - bair
11.) downair - uptilt
12.) downair - upsmash
13.) downair - f-smash
14.) downair - downair
15.) downair - grab ?
16.) forward air - dacus ?
17.) soft fair - grab ?
18.) pkfreeze - dacus
19.) magnet - WD back - upsmash
20.) magnet - WD back - grab
21.) magnet - DJC upair
22.) magnet - DJC nair
23.) magnet - DJC fair
24.) magnet - bair
25.) upair - bair
26.) dash attack - upsmash ?
27.) dash attack - bair

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
I started a combo section in my guide. I like your idea, and I think I'll make an entirely separate doc to compile the Lucas combo tree. I'd be intersted in working on it with you in spare time.

There's BnB's, but also fall speed dependent combos. Not to mention all the DI aspects I've taken into consideration.

D e l t a

please note that some of these are completely hypothetical; maybe others have had similar questions. for example, i'm probably not the only one to have wondered if dash attack to upsmash works on heavies or spacies, but is too lazy to lab it. things that i'm not entirely sure about are marked with a ? at the end.

also, please note that since i don't have anyone that would be willing to put up with me going through all this for a few hours, i don't have anyone to sit here and hold the control stick in different directions for DI. these will all be done on CPU's in training mode at varying percents.
You can also lab certain combos by using debug mode and a second controller. Have Lucas throw out the attack then make the other character DI a certain way. As soon as the hitlag is over, have Lucas followup the attack.

This is how I started labbing magnet -> immediate SH aerial stuff on spacies / CC heavy characters at 0-20%. I realized early on that the rest of Lucas' attacks didn't convert well and I needed to find a counter to their CC.

trancex

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested in followups on downthrow DI'd down and away. I know at certain percents, immediate rising fair is basically all you can do, maybe dacus.

D e l t a

He has a chain grab if you DI away that works on mid weights / fall speed. Dash attack & magnet works as well

Top Bottom