• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Incineroar Useful Edge Guard

Physical_Chess

Smash Rookie
Hey, posted this on reddit, felt like it may be more useful here. Incineroar's neutral special slows his fall speed. So you can jump off stage, use neutral special directly under the ledge and still recover. This puts out a great hitbox right where people need to recover if they are recovering low (you can also jump off stage and do this in front of ledge if they are recovering sideways such as Ike's or Luigi's side specials). This beats out a ton of recoveries, especially if you time it right to get the invincibility frames at the right moment. Even without that though, his arms are invincible and will clip most recoveries. You will either hit them toward the stage where they have to tech, or away at an unfavorable angle after they have probably used their jumps. I've done this with great success to the point where it accounts for probably 1/4 of my kills at least. It even beats out Samus' up special which I personally have always had a hard time contesting.

I may include a video of this if I ever get around to it. If you are an Incineroar main I implore you to try this yourself, it elevates his game play so much.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Hey, posted this on reddit, felt like it may be more useful here. Incineroar's neutral special slows his fall speed. So you can jump off stage, use neutral special directly under the ledge and still recover. This puts out a great hitbox right where people need to recover if they are recovering low (you can also jump off stage and do this in front of ledge if they are recovering sideways such as Ike's or Luigi's side specials). This beats out a ton of recoveries, especially if you time it right to get the invincibility frames at the right moment. Even without that though, his arms are invincible and will clip most recoveries. You will either hit them toward the stage where they have to tech, or away at an unfavorable angle after they have probably used their jumps. I've done this with great success to the point where it accounts for probably 1/4 of my kills at least. It even beats out Samus' up special which I personally have always had a hard time contesting.

I may include a video of this if I ever get around to it. If you are an Incineroar main I implore you to try this yourself, it elevates his game play so much.
Yh its really nice. I usw it in the same way .however doesnt he not have arm invincibjlity when he is not on the ground?. At least that was the case last time i checked. Other than that though . Darkest lariat lets him float a bit and lasts a while so its definitelly good for edgeguarding. I have scored more than a few koes with it

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Yh its really nice. I usw it in the same way .however doesnt he not have arm invincibjlity when he is not on the ground?. At least that was the case last time i checked. Other than that though . Darkest lariat lets him float a bit and lasts a while so its definitelly good for edgeguarding. I have scored more than a few koes with it
Darkest Lariat only has invincibility on startup on the ground, not in the air.

All the same, I'll have to give this a try; Incineroar is full of so much cheese, I love it.

KingAcid

Smash Rookie
I usually just go take em deep with an aerial if their UP-Special isn't too good or just rising Nair/Dair on ledge, their lingering hitbox makes it good for character with TP/Warp/Blink. Also Nair can trade with Ness Up-Special and Fox/Falco Up/Special (Haven't tried on wolf).

EDIT: I also feel with Incineroar upward priority (Up-B and excelent UTilt and Uair) you need to cover under the stage early to force them over you.

Last edited:

Physical_Chess

Smash Rookie
Thank you for pointing out the lack of invincibility in the air. I was unaware and assumed it was there because of some interactions I've witnessed.

Top Bottom