• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Incineroar used First Impression! Initial Thoughts on the Heel Pokemon

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
So to start with, as powerful as Incineroar is (and the Heel packs quite a punch from the looks of it), he will certainly struggle offstage as he will be incredibly reliant on his jump to get back thanks to Cross Chop being annoyingly linear and his side-B giving him little horizontal movement. He also seems to have trouble with projectile characters due to his less-than-stellar speed.

On center stage, however, is where Incineroar can truly shine: Darkest Lariat being a speedy frame 5 attack while having transcendent priority is a godsend to his ground game and could be a powerful OoS option and can clash with (and win!) against other moves giving him a further advantage. While his grabs may not be ideal for combos, they are still great for spacing and racking up damage quickly. Cross Chop seems to be a strong combo finisher and could be useful for mixups. Revenge will also be fun for mind games due to the massive power-up it can provide.

On the whole, Incineroar looks to be a brutal combatant so long as he can maintain control of the stage. While he may lack good approach options and will certainly have a hard time recovering, he can and will heavily punish anyone who dares to enter his ring.

How do you think Incineroar will fare against the rest of Nintendo's all-stars?

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
to me, he's shaping up to be Little Mac Two: This Time it's Personal
both are still underwhelming against projectiles, but incineroar can hold his own in the air, looks even better at controlling the stage, and looks to be a bit situational, but scary in the right hands. i'm excited!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm really looking forward to just using German Suppler on my opponents just to pull a Brock Lesnar lol

But the moves was absolutely brilliant on him! I can see Incineroar maybe hitting B/C tier, but nothing lower

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
My favorite part was when he decked Lucas in the face.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
With the way Incineroar's recovery works I feel like players will have to use their recoveries in a different way than any other character. If you try to recover from below the stage you are basically Little Mac lol. You may see Incineroar players deciding to recover high and away from the stage with up special to make use of the vertical jump + horizontal attack to shoot to the ledge. Kinda like a wrestler jumping off the top ropes... I see you Sakurai. Incineroar seems fun and unique from what I have seen and I'm definitely interested in giving him a shot. The revenge mechanic is kinda scary to think about on a character that can command grab you from basically anywhere.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
And here I thought Incineroar was supposed to be good with kids.
HE'S A HEEL DAMMIT!

His job is to get booed from the fans. That's why he's gonna be the Ultimate Heel of Smash Bros, and a bigger heel than Ganondorf

Kami42

Smash Rookie
I'm so excited to see ma Boi in the game <3
He was my personal favorite for the new Smash Bros., so I'm glad he made it in (that damn Heel ... playing with my heart all the time until his reveal QwQ)
Personally, I hoped Gaogaen would be more "Anime"-like, or at least using some more fire-based moves (maybe some red-black flames on his Darkest Lariat, something with his belly-belt or even a Fire Fang from his belt xD), but I'm totally fine the way he is ... so say Aloha to him, otherwise he'll punch you to hell xD

HE'S A HEEL DAMMIT!

His job is to get booed from the fans. That's why he's gonna be the Ultimate Heel of Smash Bros, and a bigger heel than Ganondorf
He is that kind of character who just break ya neck, getting the boos and ****storms, seems to be happy with that and then ask you: "Are you alright, kid? I'm sorry ... I hate punching weaklings, but the crowd forced me to ...! QwQ" afterwards

Top Bottom