• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Incineroar Stages

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
Almost as important as matchups, knowing the ideal stages to at least try to take people to is can make or break a matchup, especially on a character as slow as Incineroar.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Final Destination is a horrible stage for the big cat against anyone with a projectile.
Utter pain in the rear to approach with such a distance to cover.
Could be fine against characters that don't have the option to camp you out, like maybe Falcon or Mac. Maybe not Mac, though.

Conversely, I believe Battlefield is a pretty solid choice.
It's a good deal smaller, which helps a good deal.
Additionally, up-tilt can reach through the lower platforms and Alolan Whip can cover the entire platform, and opting for Back Body Drop over Lariat can easily put people in the position to land on these platforms and be SoL.

Lypion

Smash Cadet
Wario ware is the best one for him yet IMO since he kills super early and the stage is pretty small preventing him to get kited

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the super small horizontal blast zones on that one.
I could easily see the suplex killing at 70 near the ledge.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wario ware is the best one for him yet IMO since he kills super early and the stage is pretty small preventing him to get kited
I think what you mean to say is the small blast zones minimizing the impact of recovery capability on character viability; small blast zones means everyone dies earlier and more easily, but lightweights die exceptionally early (the knockback value sufficient to KO is small enough that characters with great recoveries like Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Kirby, and Pikachu could easily get back to the stage from that much knockback if the blast lines were further away), while characters with terrible recoveries like Incineroar and Little Mac don’t have to worry about it because the sort of knockback sufficient to knock them too far away to recover now KOs them outright anyway. Basically, close blast lines tilt the survivability balance of weight and aerial mobility in the favor of heavyweights/knockback-resistant characters like Incineroar, while distant blast lines tilt that balance in the favor of characters able to cover large distances in the air before being forced to surrender to gravity, like Jigglypuff.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I'm having the most luck on FD or BF variants. FD gives you space to approach them at your own pace, which means they aren't pressuring you unless you let them. If they do it's with projectiles, which means you can stack your counter. In any situation where you can freely stack your counter, you're coming out ahead.

BF variants are good because most of Incineroars combo game comes when you are below them. BF gives you way more opportunities to get into that position. Plus the platforms can help you against projectile-heavy approachers (like K.Rool and Ridley), as it's bigger than stages like Warioware where they can close that distance for a grab while staying safe from their projectiles. I'm not saying Warioware is a bad stage, as it's pretty awesome for Incineroar, but I'm finding it to be easier to move around on other kinds of stages where I can be at exactly the distance I need to be from the enemy to make passive-aggressive plays and zoning, which are awesome with Incineroar. I also love how Up-b works when there's a lot of platforms. I catch a lot of people off guard when they're under a platform and I fast fall through the platform with Up-b for a kill.

Last edited:

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
Incineroar thrives on small stages and most walk-off stages (Yoshi's Island Melee is not valid). I once three-oh'd someone on Boxing Ring by luring them to the side and using Alolan Whip or just plain throwing them. When walk-offs aren't available, go for either small stages or stages with platforms- you can easily psych out your opponent and then Cross Chop down through the platforms to lay down some decent damage.

Top Bottom