• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm alright. I currently have a fleeting interest in Smash, and my MTG schedule is pretty light for the foreseeable future.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Glad we can now discuss how Sakurai never intended to bring back Jigglypuff in Smash 4 with you.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I mean their double puff. What they did with double puff probably still is the peak of the metagame. Not jigglysir and stef lol
Woah I'm alive how did this happen.

If me and Mink could've had more time practicing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skw77FAlpDY
We would've been very so at the peak of the double jiggly metagame. But when I mean more time practicing I mean like months..... we had 1 day to practice that ****.

If I had a training partner to practice with irl MAYBE I would come back to Brawl, but I don't. As for Apex, I'm sure I could still preform well, but I don't want to waste any more money on getting the same placing I have every Apex. I may be out of practice but that doesn't make me any worse than I was before, it just means I haven't gotten any better.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I play red in every format aside from Vintage. I'm currently trying to get qualified for the SCG Invitational in Charlotte early next year, so I've been attending IQs at least every other weekend. The next four out of five weekends are a bit hectic, but hopefully I get past my Top 8 threshold.

I generally only play in paper.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Red is the best color and I'm proud of you for picking it. What decks do you run in what formats?

I've been playing generic U/W control in standard and U/R Delver in legacy. Just got into magic when M13 came out but I stopped buying paper cards and these days I only play paper when I'm playing commander :/

Noobicidal

Smash Master
RDW in Standard, RDW in Modern, Burn in Legacy, and Purphoros in EDH.

I'm ready for Born of the Gods to come out already. I dislike Standard formats where there isn't a "boogeyman".

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
JFC DUDE I thought I liked red a lot wtf. You're the man.

Sounds like you played too much Brawl dude. No need for a boogeyman. Standard right now has been SO good. I'm enjoying it so much more than resto+thrag all day err day and four color good stuff decks

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I think what's really annoying me about Standard is that Thoughtseize exists. The ONLY benefit that brings is that it makes my 4C Loam deck in Modern a bit cheaper, eventually.

I disliked Thragtusk, but Red eventually found tools to deal the 30 damage needed to end the game.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I dislike thoughtseize a lot, really frustrating card. My first deck was mono-red goblin burn, with an assload of goblins, 4x Goblin Chieftans and 3x Krenko and I'd do about 10 damage and then reverberate a goblin grenade, dealing 10. It was pretty strong and I've been thinking about reworking it for modern with better goblins but I really don't know much about modern nor do I have much of an interest in the format. I almost ordered all the cards for UR storm and they banned Seething Song the next day and decided I wouldn't drop money on a format with bannings that frequent. That's tight though that you're playing all red. It's by far my favorite color but I always end up running some kinda hard control list no matter what format it is.

EDIT: Sounds like you play a lot more competitively though. I'm pretty spike but I'm too cheap to spend money on cards. I've been getting into fashion and pooling my money into that.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
My first deck was mono-red goblin burn, with an assload of goblins, 4x Goblin Chieftans and 3x Krenko and I'd do about 10 damage and then reverberate a goblin grenade, dealing 10. It was pretty strong and I've been thinking about reworking it for modern with better goblins but I really don't know much about modern nor do I have much of an interest in the format. That's tight though that you're playing all red. It's by far my favorite color but I always end up running some kinda hard control list no matter what format it is.
Modern is my favourite competitive format. Here's a recent Goblins list if you're interested.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=6238&d=235834

I almost ordered all the cards for UR storm and they banned Seething Song the next day and decided I wouldn't drop money on a format with bannings that frequent.
The reasoning for the ban was that WOTC is happy with combo decks that can regularly go off on turn four, but pre-SS Storm could go off regularly on turn three. SS was just a ridiculous enabler. Now, while I disagree with most of the Modern banlist, additions aren't terribly frequent.

EDIT: Sounds like you play a lot more competitively though. I'm pretty spike but I'm too cheap to spend money on cards. I've been getting into fashion and pooling my money into that
Well, the main reason why I play red in all formats is due to how accessible the cards are. I'm a budget player compared to most.

Being cute costs money.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I don't even think i can reach that kind of mobility with Jigglypuff.
Im just too linear, damn it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
"Uh this matchup is unwinnable"
With those stock managing abilities of course it is.

I don't think you have anything or anyone to blame but yourself for this loss. It's sad because you had a good start, then you forgot how to grab.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't even think i can reach that kind of mobility with Jigglypuff.
Im just too linear, damn it.
dw about it puff isn't worth investing time into :p

"Uh this matchup is unwinnable"
With those stock managing abilities of course it is.

I don't think you have anything or anyone to blame but yourself for this loss. It's sad because you had a good start, then you forgot how to grab.

Of course, I can always improve, not johnning or anything, just being a little cheeky :p
I do feel that the match-up is unwinnable, but I also think Allen isn't very good at it and a lot of my success is just abusing what I know about him as a player

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well I'd argue that if it was really unwinnable then even while abusing his personal weaknesses you wouldn't win because it's what unwinnable means, but I don't want to go too far into semantics.

I think it's not that bad as long as Jiggs stays on the ground and doesn't try to go offstage. But then again nothing seems unwinnable to me lately.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well there IS a difference between a player who knows how to play with a low tier character and a player who can't play for **** even with a top tier character.
I mean, when it's about how someone plays his character, you can't really say for sure how this match-up is possible since we can't see a character at it's full potential with the ideal approach, the ideal punish, etc.
But seriously, are you implying that Jigglypuff is able to duke it out against a MK?
Let's put a Puff player against a M2K.
It's not even worth elaborating about it.
MK's fast.
MK's strong.
MK's got spacing.
MK's got shuttle loop.
It's one-sided.
It's boring.
It's stupid.
It's dumb.

Wouldn't it be great if she could DACUS out of her up B?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well there IS a difference between a player who knows how to play with a low tier character and a player who can't play for **** even with a top tier character.
I mean, when it's about how someone plays his character, you can't really say for sure how this match-up is possible since we can't see a character at it's full potential with the ideal approach, the ideal punish, etc.
But seriously, are you implying that Jigglypuff is able to duke it out against a MK?
Let's put a Puff player against a M2K.
It's not even worth elaborating about it.
MK's fast.
MK's strong.
MK's got spacing.
MK's got shuttle loop.
It's one-sided.
It's boring.
It's stupid.
It's dumb.

Wouldn't it be great if she could DACUS out of her up B?

Lol you used M2k as an example. I took a match off of him w/ Jiggs in tournament before, let alone almost won the set. But lets be honest, when you're a top player using the best character in the game, you're most experienced matchup is gonna be Jigglypuff right?

Last Apex I came up against Nario, another one of top Metaknights and while he did beat me, the matches weren't really THAT bad, considering if you compare the amount of practice I put in to the amount of practice he put in. If I had put in just as much time as he did to get the top placings he gets, I'm thinking I could've won that. Many top Metas don't have Jiggs matchup knowledge because nobody puts in that time to get good with her. The only person I can think that legit beat the crap out of me w/ metaknight is Kakera.

So you guys can say all you want about the matchup but there are many things missing in order for this matchup data to be considered complete

- We don't have a Jigglypuff player who puts in the same amount of hours of practice as Top players do.
- There is hardly anybody that has fully studied the JiggsMK matchup.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nairo hardly put in 100% against you, I remember that set

You put enough theory into it and any MU is winnable, really. Even the top players have only scratched the surface of what is possible in Brawl, in terms of reading comprehension/mind games at least
But the Puff player DOES have to put a lot more work in than the MK, that much is apparent. I don't really like to give MU ratios tbh, but I couldn't see my Meta Knight ever losing to a Jigglypuff, so it feels unwinnable to me. He just has automatic responses to everything, as long as you understand how Puff operates.

I'm still happy to play and improve at the MU cause I figure 'the people I play against aren't representative of top level anyway', but I think even if I kept putting the effort in I'd eventually hit a ceiling and I'd have to pick someone else.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
wha?
you can even compete against these guys too, and be at their level?
With Puff?
I need your knowledge.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Modern is my favourite competitive format. Here's a recent Goblins list if you're interested.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=6238&d=235834

The reasoning for the ban was that WOTC is happy with combo decks that can regularly go off on turn four, but pre-SS Storm could go off regularly on turn three. SS was just a ridiculous enabler. Now, while I disagree with most of the Modern banlist, additions aren't terribly frequent.

Well, the main reason why I play red in all formats is due to how accessible the cards are. I'm a budget player compared to most.

Being cute costs money.
What's up with no Goblin Guide mainboard?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nairo hardly put in 100% against you, I remember that set
Ah, yeah, you do have a point there. Just because a match was close doesn't mean that they tried 100%. I suppose I need to really fish out those fights where people really try otherwise its hard to tell how much of a chance you stand. Though like 99% of the time if my Jigglypuff can't beat Metaknight, my Diddy can't either. But thats prolly cause I suck w/ Diddy as my Main lmao.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No I haven't really touched Brawl since Apex last year, I have gone to a few scrubby casual tournaments and won them but theres no need to practice for those. I'm just waiting for ssb4 and see how that plays out, I like it most when the competitive scene of a game is nice and fresh and everybody has to start from scratch again. I was a really good player in the first year of Brawl's life but then everybody got better and better and better and I couldn't keep up, so I stopped practicing and focused on College instead.

I look back now and Brawl has hardly any counterpick stages anymore which makes me sad and deciding to get good at Brawl now would be pointless since by the time I would be good at it again, Smash 4 would be out lmao. Hopefully that game doesn't bomb.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I know i might be ridiculous, and i don't care.

After seeing how Diddy Kong and ZSS does well because of their item plays, i just thought it would be great to include items for the next competitive scene.
Of course, not every items would be in. There would be a list of legit items that could be used where only those who are throwable and could help both players are acceptable.
Not those op items like pokeballs or gimmicky stuff whatsoever.

I believe it would help those characters that has a lack in projectiles or range.

Just sayin' though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I dunno about that. Unlike Diddy's Banana's or ZSS's armor pieces, item's spawning time and locations are still random, and lets face it, the competitive scene is INCREDIBLY picky about random things.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
They'd be somewhat fine in Melee if you could turn off the randomly exploding crates/capsules, cause they spawn in a few set locations
But items are completely ******** in Brawl lol

Who knows how they'd be in Smash 4

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

After seeing how Diddy Kong and ZSS does well because of their item plays, i just thought it would be great to include items for the next competitive scene.
Of course, not every items would be in. There would be a list of legit items that could be used where only those who are throwable and could help both players are acceptable.

I believe it would help those characters that has a lack in projectiles or range.

Just sayin' though.
This is Item Standard Play (ISP), it's been out there since 2008, it has its own ruleset and even had a few tournaments.

But yeah it's been frowned upon because of how much the random location and time of item spawning can affect a game.

Also just shield against GW FFS, grounded Jiggs is a thing.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Yes... It's called using DSmash to taunt :troll: .
When I was doing double Puff with Stef, during friendlies, I was charging Dsmash (that hard read status) and she yelled "Stop taunting and come help me!"

I did land a Dsmash a couple times during that set, but I think I missed that particular one.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

Just sayin' though.
This is Item Standard Play (ISP), it's been out there since 2008, it has its own ruleset and even had a few tournaments.

But yeah it's been frowned upon because of how much the random location and time of item spawning can affect a game.
With Rosalina's recent reveal in Smash 4, I don't think they'll allow items anytime soon otherwise she'd be broken. Have you seen her do a single move that pulls all the items right next to her?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Puff in Maze in SD is so dumb and fun in FFA.... /This is what happens when I play smash with a group too long. My friend used sing after I techd on the boxes that fall down >_>... Cue mashing beyond belief (I think I was over 700% at that point) as we fall too our deaths followed by rising pounds. So dumb yet so much fun... I decided that is a FFA I am ok with.

Top Bottom