• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Cough new guide cough cough cough :salt:cough

Lets do a community guide and use these to make it:
:stick1: :cstick1:
:stick2: :cstick2:
:stick3: :cstick3:
:stick4: :cstick4:
:stick5: :cstick5:
:stick6: :cstick6:
:stick7: :cstick7:
:stick8: :cstick8:
:stick9: :cstick9:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi. If you have tap jump on, sometimes you can accidentally use your double jump when trying to use one of your 5 egg tosses, especially since sometimes you need to hold up all the way while using egg toss to aim it somewhere. Besides, he doesnt have any OoS options, so you cant lose your up b OoS or anything if he doesnt have one to begin with lol. There honestly arent any benefits or any things made easier by keeping tap jump on with Yoshi, in fact the only thing it DOES add is very rare limitations on Egg Toss and a chance at losing your double jump.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For Yoshi, leaving it on adds risk, and even if its a VERY minuscule chance, even the best can make mistakes. Would you rather have a slight chance of completely screwing up your recovery or no chance of messing up?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It doesn't matter that much with Jiggs but leaving tap jump on for me mainly means burning a jump when trying to up B or when anticipating my DI.
The possibility to turn tap jump off is one of the most beautiful things that have happened in Brawl.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It doesn't matter that much with Jiggs but leaving tap jump on for me mainly means burning a jump when trying to up B or when anticipating my DI.
The possibility to turn tap jump off is one of the most beautiful things that have happened in Brawl.
Up B?! that move is soooooooo bad.

I have tap jump off. It makes utilt easier. That's essentially it.

I don't get it... >.>;

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Because when I mained Yoshi, I had tap jump off(it's actually very hard to egg toss without DJ'ing, whathu talking bout zz?) and R set to jump for Dragonic Reverse.

The controls are the same for me now still.

Tap jump off removes so much room for error. Even trying to Utilt, anyone can occasionally jump and Uair. I can't stand tap jump.
I don't even jump with the stick in melee lol

:phone:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've always played with Tap Jump On, though that doesn't mean I don't use the X button to jump as well. I just leave tap jump on cuz i'm used to it and if I had it off, I'd probably try jumping with the stick while recovering and not jump XD

dettadeus

Smash Lord
If you have trouble making Utilt inputs with tap jump on then you don't have full control over your left thumb. The only character I have tap jump off for is Sheik because otherwise it's ridiculously hard to DACUS.

Also with Yoshi you could UpB with Cstick-Up + B but that takes more effort than just turning tap-jump off I suppose. The lack of OoS options makes it an understandable choice as well.

All my OoS inputs are up on the control stick + C-stick (or just A) for an aerial (none of my mains have a good UpB OoS) and I use Y to jump most of the time unless I'm doing a rising aerial, in which case I tap jump. X is grab on every control scheme I use since I made Z attack to DACUS with Sheik and it just stuck for all my other chars (although I still grab primarily with Z).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have tap jump off for Yoshi and I also have X as special and B as Jump for easier DJCing and DR, and I just keep it for everyone else I play due to being used to those controls (I did play solo Yoshi for the first 4 or so years since Brawl was released). I can still Up B OoS really easy by holding up and rolling my thumb over Y then X, so it doesnt hinder me at all for Bowser/Mario/Luigi.

And I dont have a problem utilting with tap jump off, I just am used to having it off so I keep it off.

SoulPech

Smash Master
i just noticed that Mason is no longer on the JIgglypuff social and is no longer on my skype friend list. WTF dood.

why the **** did you change your name?

SoulPech

Smash Master
what times are you on? Here's my work schedule:

Today: 11:45a-8:34p
Wed: 8:00a-4:30p
Thurs: 8:00a-4:30p
Fri: 8:00a-4:30p
Sat: Smashfest 4p-12a

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

dude this post is full of nipples

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I was talking to raptor. I'm not even saying I want to be in charge of a new guide. I don't have to even write any of it, I don't play this char anymore.

But I would really like to see a new guide, cause a lot of people have actually been picking her up as a pocket char. And I still <3 her.

Top Bottom