• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Framerate

Smash Lord
I always pick the water starter (puns?)

Used a Beedrill, Crobat, Gengar, and Xatu until I got a shiny Magnemite (6th slot was for the HM *****).

Not done yet, but I just got FF12 for $12 so I probably won't finish SS any time soon...

In HG my ending team was this:

Typhlosion
Hitmontop
Tyranitar
Starmie
Gengar
Teddiursa (Too cute to evolve).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
In HG my ending team was this:

Typhlosion
Hitmontop
Tyranitar
Starmie
Gengar
Teddiursa (Too cute to evolve).
you woman, screw the cuteness, make it better! lol

im about to finish the 1337 four frist time round, my team is
thphlosion
gengar
dragonair
lanturn
magneton
dugtrio

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol scrub.

You'll be back when I beat everyone at MLG c-bus with the puff.

I'm gonna camp this time, I swear!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My team was:

Typhlosion
Dunsparce
Butterfree
Nidoking
Magnezone
Palkia (lolz)

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
Hows it going guys? I decided to check in cause I just played Brawl for this first time in a month (melee rocks it) and won the tournament I was in. Barely made it out of pools with Marth so after Falco dittos and some luck with the ghost platform after getting spiked on Yoshi's Island, I went solely Jigglypuff. She's definitely winnable, just need good counterpicks. I recommend Marth highly for this, he beats both G&W and Olimar, her two worst matchups.

So....

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
^isnt snake just as bad or worse for her?
Ive played one of the better Snake's out there and I would say, he's terrible, but manageable. The fact that some of his moves can beat everything in theory doesn't translate into a complete domination, with careful gameplay you don't need to counterpick on him. Its your choice, I choose Marth. But its your choice. You can win, just don't try to float around with dair or you will get rocked.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Our worst MUs are MK and Snake hands down.

Olimar is annoying, but not terrible. G&W is probably easier than Oli.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
so i officially quit tourney brawl and am back playing melee. ggs!
I quit brawl a few months ago for melee, I never play (other than a 1-2 time recently) The first time I played barwl was at a brawl+melee tourney and I placed better in bralw (despite quitting and not playing it or practicing) than I had placed all last year.

Melee is the better game, but I am going to have to agree with Chu Dat, that brawl is refreshing. Long live melee, just dabble in brawl play it for fun, make people rage when you beat them with Puff in brawl and you camp them in friendlies.

Or just play brawl as a drinking game. Only play it when all players are drunk.

Our worst MUs are MK and Snake hands down.

Olimar is annoying, but not terrible. G&W is probably easier than Oli.
I know it is a really old 2008 joke idea, but I think that the MK match up is very do-able. I beat a ranked one in friendlies last week. Got a lot of practice in.

Melee makes your brawl Puff ****, reading rolls on platforms and resting MK's is too ****ing good.

Framerate

Smash Lord
MK has faster moves than puff and a disjointed hitbox. If an MK isn't beating a puff it just means he's bad. Shuttle loop out-prioritizes everything we have. Everything.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
MK has faster moves than puff and a disjointed hitbox. If an MK isn't beating a puff it just means he's bad. Shuttle loop out-prioritizes everything we have. Everything.
His moves send a far away, we are floaty.

Fair beats stuff in the air so does Nair/Bair.

Pound has crazy priority.

Tornado does not do **** to us.

We can edgegaurd MK, I mean actually threaten him off level.

Shuttle Loop on shield is punishable.

I saw your sets vs OS, you jumped into Shuttle Loop a lot.

Bait and punish my friend, bait and punish.

Framerate

Smash Lord
None of the stuff you said is true about the MK match-up. You really need to play better MKs. Fact of the matter is that we have to approach. All the MK needs to do is shuttle loop whenever we use pound/nair/fair/bair/dair/grab/[insert move here]. I wasn't "running into shuttle loop," I was trying to approach and he was countering every approach puff has with shuttle loop. Also, you're a fool if you think jigglypuff is magically immune to tornado simply because if the MK doesn't move around with it we can (potentially) SDI into rest. We still take the hits from tornado, rest isn't a guaranteed kill, and if we eff up he gets a free charged smash.

Please don't base your MUs on personal experiences against MKs that don't even make top 8 at local tourneys.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
You really put a lot of words in my mouth and are really angry of a simple post I said.

Maybe go back and read my post.

And go back and watch your vids, whatever you were "attempting to do" you did jump into shuttle loops a lot.

You can try baiting attacks from a safer distance.

I mean he was spamming shuttle loop. Just walk close and shield it....

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah my problem was he wouldn't shuttle loop until I was on top of him. See I have had this problem with my controller or something where it refuses to shield out of a run, so I did eat a lot of shuttle loops from that. And the fact that I can never shield out of an air dodge for some reason. So for those instances I did take unnecessary damage. But there were plenty of instances where I did shield the initial shuttle loop, and either he pulled up and glided over my jump or he dove down and glide attacked. Even with shielding the shuttle loop there was no punishing options available unless he messed up. Any strategy banking on the opponent making a mistake is not a reliable strategy at all.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
You have OOS options to punish a shielded shuttle loop.

Explore a little.

Dair or nair OOS , grab.

OS's game was not even that tight man. I have played Jigs vs M2k I know MK ***** jigs.

Just saying we can do **** too, Jigs ***** at not getting hit.

Framerate

Smash Lord
You want me to shield grab the shuttle loop....................................................................................

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
if hes not doing it oos, then you can sh into the grounded mk and jump again then nair to cancel it, you should probably airdodge after this in case he "sandbags" the hit tho

HotWings

Smash Ace
Good afternoon, how is everyone today?

Oh btw im thinking of a name for RS and the only ones i can think of are Lv_1_0_0 --- Lv1_0_0 --- Jigglychu. So just tell me which 1 of those you like best.

Ive also been getting better at my rest... my brother hates it >_<

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Good afternoon, how is everyone today?

Oh btw im thinking of a name for RS and the only ones i can think of are Lv_1_0_0 --- Lv1_0_0 --- Jigglychu. So just tell me which 1 of those you like best.

Ive also been getting better at my rest... my brother hates it >_<
Quoting you is a *****. I'd opt for Jigglychu, personally.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I'll stop useing rainbow lol. Oh and i also like Jigglychu... i mean i main pikachu and jigglypuff so i think that name is actually better than Lv100. I was thinking about Thunderpuff but its already taken lol.

Framerate

Smash Lord
My suggestion is never put your main in your name. People change mains all the time and it just makes things awkward/annoying. "Hey King Yoshi, why don't you play as yoshi?!" *facepalm* He goes by just king now (although he isn't the king from melee).

Personally I thought lv100 was a very creative name. Dunno why. I saw it and just thought "wow, that's actually a good name for a change."

tl;dr - pleeeeaaaaase don't change your name.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Let your name influence your main, not your main influence your name.

The name Gimpyfish will always bring thoughts of Bowser f-smashing poor little fox people, but has anyone ever seen M2K even play Mewtwo? Lv100 is a sweet name, but Jigglychu just sounds like another jigglypuff player.

Don't listen to these people!

HotWings

Smash Ace
So i take it you all like Lv100 a lot better than Jigglychu lol. Like ive said b4, im not ever going to switch my mains.. i may add mains but i will never leave them.

So if yal like Lv100 better then for my runescape name what looks better.. Lv1_0_0 or Lv_1_0_0 ? I have already created Jigglychu on there but i havent played on it yet so if yal like Lv100 better... im actually pretty used to the name already myself lol.

Btw i cant seem to get my sig back on smashboards... its in my pictures but smashboards needs a url to get it as my sig.. what do i do? Please help

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Make your username what you want, lol.

Although I like Lv100 better. Jigglychu does sound a little..... generic.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Tags with characters names in it (whether it be from anime, a game, or a book) sound really artificial and are pretty uncreative.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I kinda like KillerJawz.

I'm debating changing mine to KLO!, but allcaps is kinda :urg:.

Top Bottom