• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactive for now. Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! *Spoil Free Version*

PensFan101

Smash Rookie
Just under 15 hours for me. Going to get it when the stores open at noon. Didn't need to pre-order because every place I called (Eb Games, Wal-Mart and the craptacular Owen sound Zellers) said that if you came at opening there wouldn't be a problem.

YEAH!

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
i'm getting tomorrow at noon at gamestop!!! 14 hours left15 hours left!!! Have fun Brawling everyone, and a want a nice CLEAN match, ok? lol

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I get to play brawl in an hour!!!!!!! then i get to buy it after the tourney!

NukeA6

Smash Master
You know what? Eff this. I'm going to the midnight release and I do not care how windy it is outside. It's hard to wait anymore especially after two delays.

Just got to watch my back around here.

NukeA6

Smash Master
this is killing me man lol
Same here man. It's gonna be hard to sleep if I got to wait till 11 in the morning just to get Brawl.

I'm probably just worried about it being sold out.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
If you fall asleep its almost like time trave. I stayed up all night and have been asleept till now so i did't have to wait that long.

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
omg i hope it isnt sold out by the time i get to HMV....

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
4 more hours until 10 PM, and that's when I'll be at Gamestop. Gonna be a spectator at the tourney and get my coupon thing so I can pick up my game at midnight. Actually make that 3 hours, forgot about the drive. I cannot, repeat, CANNOT wait!

NukeA6

Smash Master
4 more hours until 10 PM, and that's when I'll be at Gamestop. Gonna be a spectator at the tourney and get my coupon thing so I can pick up my game at midnight. Actually make that 3 hours, forgot about the drive. I cannot, repeat, CANNOT wait!
We need coupons now? Sure never heard that over the phone. I'm bringing my receipt and hopefully that's enough.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Are you guys going to go to school on Monday? Just wondering how many people will be skipping.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Are you guys going to go to school on Monday? Just wondering how many people will be skipping.
I have my Spring Break (though I just call it a week break because it is no Spring). Perfect time.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Darn....

I was planning on going to the Midnight release, but dad doesn't want to drive.

I will have to get it tommorow at noon. Well, it can't be all bad.

IT'S A SHORT DELAY! GOD DARNIT!

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap I'm about to leave for Gamestop soon and go watch the tourney. Gamestop told me I had to be there by 10 to get a voucher to make sure the people who paid full for the reserve will get their games first, so I'm getting there early. Oh man oh man oh man. Less than 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!

I am SO excited as hell it can't get any nerdier. LOL. :chuckle: :laugh:

We need coupons now? Sure never heard that over the phone. I'm bringing my receipt and hopefully that's enough.
I just found out today when I called in. The employee that was on the phone asked if I payed full price, and I said no. She said that people who payed full price will be able to get some sort of voucher or coupon that says they payed full price, which means that they have first dibs on the game. Not sure about the people who didn't pay full price. Probably have to wait behind the people who payed full since they're first priority. It'd be unfortunate if the store closed quick after midnight though. Anyway, I rushed in a few hours ago to pay the full price so I can guarantee my game to be in my hands by midnight, lol.

It might just be the Gamestop(s) here. If not, it's too late to do anything about it unfortunately. I had until 7 PM to pay full price here, and I did it at around 5.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I GOT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
Another day of increasing torment. I am waiting for them to ship the game over here... >.> Maybe it'll only come tommorow... DX

Unsu

Smash Rookie
i get in 3 hours when my store opens. lol 200 pre orders there

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I had to work from 4-10 and the line started at 10, and I was worried that it would be too big.

Me- 'Can I get off at 9:45? I have somewhere important to go.'
Manager- 'Where? Drug deal?'
Me, 'No, Smash Bros. comes out tonight.'
Manager- 'You can leave at 9:30.'

EPIC SUCCESS!!!

I was sixth in line in a line that wrapped around the building by midnight.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
One Day
One Hour till Brawl.

My friend wants me to take it to a local arcade but I won't because a lot of people in there are ***s and it would ruin the moment hearing some of those ***s talking over the intro and such.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else find it funny that we technically got Brawl at 1 am since daylight savings went into effect the night of the release?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
how is the game is ask?!?!

its frickin awesome.
pikmin is broken
dedede is fat
pit needs gettin used to
Metaknight is very fast
SONIC?!?!?! omg.. i have very nice combos with that blue thing
SNAKE>!??!?! Mine master.
thats all for now....

NukeA6

Smash Master
So?...whats it like? any good?.
Yeah it's great. I've only played Classic, Training, and Subspace Emissary though.

Classic mode is a bit longer than it was. Subspace is long (7-9 hours at least). It met my expectations though it could use a bit more enemies and bosses from other Nintendo games. Oh, and you got to see the final boss! Amazing and is a tough one.

If you think Melee's soundtrack was good, you heard nothing on Brawl. Sure, they killed some songs (King Dedede's theme for example) but there are a bunch of god ones.

Zelda seems to be a better character now.
Snake is great, I think. His smashes look like B moves.
Wario is pretty interesting and he moves like Game&Watch.
Mario is good but his down B sucks. He got a different voice.
Peach is still great. So is Sheik.
Kirby's Hammer is much better.
Ike is pretty **** slow but he is no doubt the strongest character in the game.
King Dedede is almost as strong as Ike.
I really like Zero Suit Samus and prefer her to her armored form.

It's strange how Ike speaks English
and Marth still speaks Japanese
. I wonder why.

My only cons about this game, so far, is that it seems to be missing some people that should be playable. Where's Lip, Mewtwo, and Micaiah? If you seen Lyn as an AT, you would want her playable and that would satisfy me as a last character. Also, I find the masterpieces useless. They're just 30 second - 2 minute demos. I can't imagine anyone going back to them after playing them once. They should've just forget that idea and make another character or something else. The Virtual console is the one who should be giving demos before one purchases a game with Wii points.

EDIT: I take back what I said about King Dedede's theme. It's actually pretty good.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
ike speaks english because he has appeared in an american title
while marth hasn't

how much of the soundtrack is orchestrated? or at least non-midi?

ill be getting mine soon, but UPS IS TAKING SO LOOOOOOOOOONG :(

Top Bottom