• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In The Spotlight: The Official Jigglypuff Critique Thread

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
The old one died and Alex killed it lol, so im reviving it. Many people have asked for a critique thread and I think people are more likely to respond in a seperate thread than just dumping it in the video archive.

***In The Spotlight: The Official Jigglypuff Critique Thread***

Please post your Jigglypuffs here!

Veril

Frame Savant
I love critiques from people who have no real experience! I guess if you wanted to see some GSH2 Jiggs video I'd post it.

If I see any matches that aren't wifi / offline friendlies (ie. offline MMs or offline tournament sets.) and don't include either player sandbagging or just failing epically... that would be something worth critiquing.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I love critiques from people who have no real experience! I guess if you wanted to see some GSH2 Jiggs video I'd post it.

If I see any matches that aren't wifi / offline friendlies (ie. offline MMs or offline tournament sets.) and don't include either player sandbagging or just failing epically... that would be something worth critiquing.
what happened to your name?

And dANG y so negative o,o

Tham

Smash Apprentice
nice thread ... id like to post a fight by me, for getting tipps^^, but i don't play offline that much against good opponents xD
@SniperNightOwls fight: the MU fox is imo really hard as jiggs, i just dont like it^^

hanging at the edge when the opponent recovers (when you hang there for more than a few moments) is imo senseless cause u are not invincible and if the opponent will get to the edge you will be hit too, so better go hang at the edge just before your opponent recovers xD (ah, this tip sux balls xD, but i wonna write something ... just because this post would be senseles if i wouldnt ...)
maybe one thing that i personally prefare: u sometimes approach with pound, i prefare doin rising pound cause first of all its imo better for follow ups and u can stay longer in the air

well ... if i missed the thread and i jsut should say how i like your jiggs, so im sorry xD
if I turned out to be a n00b with this post, so im sorry too xD

Veril

Frame Savant
I left the wbr to express my discontent with its current status and because there was no reason to be there... its complicated. I would like to rejoin the group once it gets reorganized.

Anyway, if you have no objections to me posting Jigglypuff videos in the newest B+ set, GSH2, I'm down. That set is so good and its been extremely well received (this is so much better than the "official set" its not even funny), so its pretty unlikely I'll be playing vbrawl Jiggs again anytime ever.

M should totally post B- video also.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'll critique any Brawl subtype and go so far as to request a Brawl, Brawl+, and BBrawl section.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
nice thread ... id like to post a fight by me, for getting tipps^^, but i don't play offline that much against good opponents xD
@SniperNightOwls fight: the MU fox is imo really hard as jiggs, i just dont like it^^

hanging at the edge when the opponent recovers (when you hang there for more than a few moments) is imo senseless cause u are not invincible and if the opponent will get to the edge you will be hit too, so better go hang at the edge just before your opponent recovers xD (ah, this tip sux balls xD, but i wonna write something ... just because this post would be senseles if i wouldnt ...)
maybe one thing that i personally prefare: u sometimes approach with pound, i prefare doin rising pound cause first of all its imo better for follow ups and u can stay longer in the air

well ... if i missed the thread and i jsut should say how i like your jiggs, so im sorry xD
if I turned out to be a n00b with this post, so im sorry too xD
no it's cool, I was trying to edge guard him when I was on the edge. I didnt know he could make it back, so they was just me being dumb lol.

Thanks.

Veril

Frame Savant
I'll critique any Brawl subtype and go so far as to request a Brawl, Brawl+, and BBrawl section.
This. Brawl- as well (perhaps melee 2.0 when that gets released). I'll get the frame and hitbox data for all of her variants as well. It would be a glorious rebirth of this subforum, and it would bring me back immediately and with the level of enthusiasm I had when I first arrived at here (some of you knew me back then, when I was all gung-ho for Jiggs, well I'd be more like that and less cynical/bitter). It would also possibly give people like M, Glick, G-reg, VanZ, and many others who use non vBrawl Jiggs a reason to come here.

Think about it. I used to love this place, I want to feel that way again. If you let me, I can make it happen (and hopefully not get infracted too much for trying)... The title I now am using was given to me some time ago because, once, I had plans for this place. Discussion leader for the Jigglypuff subforum. With the near completion of B+, the alternative of BBrawl, the emergence of B-, and the stagnation of vBrawl... think about it.

I disagree fundamentally with the idea that discussion here be confined to vBrawl alone, and most of my anger has been the direct result of this, even moreso than my actual distaste for Brawl.

Veril

Frame Savant
I know a lot of you didn't like the 5.0 B+ set (it was riddled with flaws). Try out GSH2, its amazing.

@Metatitan: you were frustrated with the ease of comboing and the number of autocombos. Hitstun has been reduced across the board (.48 to .46), and the result is much more nuanced combo system with many of the stupidly good combos now either being more difficult to execute or toned down to "string" status. I also went through and optimized a whole ton of characters grab-games. Try it plz.

@Noob: Ganon's d-throw now functions like GWs. Its the sexiest thing ever besides me... and possibly SNO.

@M: Brawl- is really really fun, if not exactly to my taste. I'd play it over normal brawl anyday.

Its also worth mentioning that Thinkaman is a project lead for BBrawl, and Glick, G-reg, myself and possibly VanZ were all involved in GSH2. M-wuz is getting into B-, who knows where that will take him. That's a lot of players who could contribute a ton here.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
@Noob: Ganon's d-throw now functions like GWs. Its the sexiest thing ever besides me... and possibly SNO.
BAHAHA.

It's a lot easier to land a grab than it is to get a choke. We should take this to the Social thread eventually though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
My jiggz, gonna start using her in low tiers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4X4WKEvox8 (2 matches)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyw0Gg1zcaI (1 match; epic!)
hey you fought Tallman I know him.

Ok match one- You are using f-air waaay too much too early! You didn't use pound at all. If you need a hitbox in front of you try spacing pound instead of f-air.

I saw you use sing randomly, imma assume u pressed the wrong button lol

2:11 nice usage of u-tilt but follow up with b-air instead as its faster than pound.

2:38-2:50 very sexy, but your f-air didnt kill him at all because you staled it before hand. Please use b-air instead of f-air!!

DI with d-air, not f-air it's faster.

match two- wow tallman mean attacking you out of sing when you were messing around if i did that to him he wouldn't do that
but im a cute girl lol

dang u staling everything and lol @ DA spam, surprised it worked so well lol.

6:01 great use of rollout, i would of done the same thing.

Really nice work on his final stock. When you have a stock lead, it's ok to stale f-air imo.

tl;dr

- I really don't approve of your liberal usage of f-air, as it's your best kill move,
-you can work on your spacing
-i think you play her rather recklessly and too aggressive
- try being more defensive and focus on punishing your opponents with pound or b-air, Jigglypuff is very good with that.
- You use rollout very nicely
- Thank you for choosing Jigglypuff! :)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
My jiggz, gonna start using her in low tiers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4X4WKEvox8 (2 matches)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyw0Gg1zcaI (1 match; epic!)

good jiggz. your good with fast fall air dodges which is essential and underused. you add jab to her game which is good. i suggest being less obvious with fair and i saw little to no dash attack. retreating opponents are usually caught off guard by the amount of frames and range of dash attack. punish side steppers with pound too, you were punished by that a lot. ummmm....and don't use naked jiggz, shes nasty :>

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@SNO : WOP ! All your approaches are basically SH aerials or empty SH, that's way to punishable. Use more of your jumps on the stage and less off stage /o/

@Ozz :
-Please do something after a SH aerial. You can SH double aerial, SH aerial to pound, SH aerial to second jump to anything. It makes your are game way more versatile
-Use rising and falling pound, they're a lot less punishable than the normal one.
-You need to better your spacing with Bair.
-Your ground game and airdodge game is good, you just have to stop rolling.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
ok guys, i just had the idea to post a fight by my jiggs
its from september 2009, so a few days ago ;) and i made a few live-audio-comments, so speaking and brawlin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD08Y3nmSlU
(i dont play marth often, just wanted to do it xD)
(and if u dont wonna hear german, turn off the volume^^)

and here just watch the 2nd fight, like in the video before: live-audio-comment, i just random wanted to play diddy, the 2nd fight is my last year jiggs^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcviab7pRQo

maybe i have to say: both fights are online only, my offline opponents dont want fight to be upped

Tham

Smash Apprentice
its from september 2009, so a few days ago ;) and i made a few live-audio-comments, so speaking and brawlin:

and here just watch the 2nd fight, like in the video before: live-audio-comment, i just random wanted to play diddy, the 2nd fight is my last year jiggs^^

maybe i have to say: both fights are online only, my offline opponents dont want fight to be upped

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

Vs Kirby- That Kirby wasn't very good and didn't play the matchup well at all. You did very well though! I will say your OOS game is very solid, excellent usage of n-air, and amazing rest on the final stock. Very nice d-air into f-smash too. Spacing a little weird but its wifi, it didn't seem like a green or better connection, so it's okay! :)

Vs Snake- 7:02- absolutely no reason to use a f-air, you could of grabbed instead. In fact you used f-air way too much. Your lucky you killed with rollout (which is buffed and harder to avoid online) 9:00 was excellent low % combos, nice. You seemed to win with pure aggression, which works sometimes on wifi, even getting all 3 kills via rollout, keep in mind this may not work so easy offline.. nice win though!

Tham

Smash Apprentice
normally i dont use rollout that much
i spoke at the same time, had 7 life audio comments before xD
need to get actual fights

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

I always loved your Puff Tham.

It's, how the Germans say: "uber gut"

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master

Agreed.....

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
OZZ who is your sexy *** avatar?

And at SNO

on your first death vs Samboner if you DIed into the stage and UP B-ed after your last poound you would have lived.

Yoou are pretty good Dina and even though it is an online match which I normally refuse to even acknowledge Samboner ***** online and you held you held your own with puff.

My only sorta harsh critic is you dont mix it up a lot, go back and watch that vid and see how man retreating bairs your do in a row or how you come back to the level.

EDIT and also even though none of your UpTilts landed I think they were all good ones. if that makes sense, I see where you were going with them or what you were trying to do.

=)

Mix it up.

Almost any time you can condition someone to expect a retreating Bair and you do a short hop air dodge into them it will surprise someone.

GGs keep at it.

Top Bottom