• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the modern Melee meta, does Puff still lose to Fox?

Shira907

Smash Rookie
I've been hearing some people argue recently that puff does not lose to Fox anymore in the matchup. I guess this is cause of Hbox's dominance but I'm not sure I agree. Does one puff main who constantly wins prove that Fox doesn't beat Puff?

Last edited:

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Fox still beats puff, Hbox is just a master at the MU

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Fox still beats puff, Hbox is just a master at the MU
Can you briefly explain why? (As someone who's a newer player, I dont understand.)

HBOX has shown that with skill and knowledge of the meta, Puff beats fox. I think that's the new meta. I'm gunna sound crazy saying this but in 2019 Puff is S tier.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Can you briefly explain why? (As someone who's a newer player, I dont understand.)

HBOX has shown that with skill and knowledge of the meta, Puff beats fox. I think that's the new meta. I'm gunna sound crazy saying this but in 2019 Puff is S tier.
Well, we have to consider other puff players. As far as we currently know, Hbox is the only person dominating with Puff. I don't think we can say Puff wins when there is one guy who can even win against other top tier characters.

This may be a little side tracked but I believe it's related enough. I think this is why the whole ban puff situation awhile back didn't go so far, because as Axe stated, it's not that Puff is OP, it's Hbox.

If puff can actually win the match up, we should see more puffs get results then, otherwise Fox will currently take the match up until if the day happens.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
fox is so broken that he dosent lose one matchup lmao you can just camp her out and run away hbox just knows how to deal with ppl and he gets in ppls heads.

Top Bottom