• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In The Hands of the King... Ganondorf Controls Discussion and Open Survey

TM 023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2015-1144-0090
  • Tag - Kowalski
  • Region - Brazil, AM
  • Controller type - Gamecube controller
  • Tap Jump - No
  • C Stick - Attack
  • Other - R and Z to jump, X to grab

djk7877

Smash Rookie
NNID
DEMONDORF
  • Player: DemonDorf
  • Region: France
  • Controller Type: GameCube Controller
  • Tap Jump? No
  • C-Stick Setting: Smash stick
  • Other Settings: L to Jump and Y to grab.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
  • Tag: Naroghin
  • Region: Midwest (Michigan)
  • Controller Type: Classic Controller Pro
  • Tap Jump: No
  • C-Stick Setting: Smash
  • Other Settings: a jump, b attack, y special, l jump, r grab, zl shield, zr attack.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hi, everyone, my name's Vermanubis and I'm a recent convert to tilt stick. Also, I use L for jump and Y for grab now. Honestly, the only thing I feel I'm losing from tilt stick is easier turnaround dsmashes. The danger of buffering a utilt isn't too cool either, but the change in my ability to space aerials is significant and I don't suffer from having to wait to buffer a UAir for fear of a JC Usmash coming out instead.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Hi, everyone, my name's Vermanubis and I'm a recent convert to tilt stick. Also, I use L for jump and Y for grab now. Honestly, the only thing I feel I'm losing from tilt stick is easier turnaround dsmashes. The danger of buffering a utilt isn't too cool either, but the change in my ability to space aerials is significant and I don't suffer from having to wait to buffer a UAir for fear of a JC Usmash coming out instead.
Pivot Fsmash is the actual deal with losing Smash C-stick, as you can have a da or a pivot FTilt if your timing is off, but by having A+B=Smash you can do it like a pivot FTilt

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Pivot Fsmash is the actual deal with losing Smash C-stick, as you can have a da or a pivot Film if your timing is off, but by having A+B=Smash you can do it like a pivot FTilt
That's another cool thing I found! With smashstick it was a lot tougher to pivot fsmash. In the heat of a fight, I'd just input the turnaround and fsmash too close together and just get an empty turnaround. Doesn't really happen anymore now.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Pivot Fsmash is the actual deal with losing Smash C-stick, as you can have a da or a pivot Film if your timing is off, but by having A+B=Smash you can do it like a pivot FTilt
Wait, AB smash allows you to pivot F-Smash like a tilt? I've wanted to use pivot f-smash more but I haven't for fear of mis inputs.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Wait, AB smash allows you to pivot F-Smash like a tilt? I've wanted to use pivot f-smash more but I haven't for fear of mis inputs.
At the very least, it makes it easier! I was able to do it on smashstick relatively easily, but tiltstick with AB smash is cake.

Omega_Ra1der

Smash Cadet
  • Tag: Omega Raider
  • Region: Ottawa (Ontario, Canada)
  • Controller Type: Gamecube Controller
  • Tap Jump: No
  • C-Stick Setting: Smash
  • Other Settings: L to Jump.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
As long as you remember to hit both buttons, it does, you just have to act like you were going to pivot FTilt using the A button

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Tag: Shogger
Region: Orange County/SoCal
Controller: Gamecube
Tap Jump: Off
C Stick: Tilts
Other: I shield using L, never R. Not sure if that's weird or anything.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've been using a special Control-AT I found when playing Ryu, and it is Amazing.

And I've been experimenting with this on Ganon as well. It gives Ganon super-easy super-quick automatic OoS Rising SH Uairs,
BUT, it also comes with a draw-back, unlike with Ryu :/
I have yet to perfect this Control Technique with Ganon.

What do I call it? Z1g-Stick... What else :p
If I make it work without any drawback with Ganon, I'll share it with you.

SyStemkraSh

Smash Rookie
Tag: System
Region: Norcal
Controller: WiiU Pro Controller
Tap Jump: Off
Right Stick: Attacks
Other: Y is set to grab

vertime

Smash Apprentice
Tag: Overtime
Compete In: North Yorkshire
Controller: Gamecube (Had it back since 2008 STILL GOING STRONG)
Tap Jump: No
C-Stick: Specials (Wow, am I the first?)
Other: Y as shield.

Top Bottom