• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Regards to Gimping PK Thunder

abunaijay09

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abunaijay09
3DS FC
5129-1877-3387
Possibly new PK Thunder Gimp?
So, this is my first post and I hope I put this in the right place, anyway.
I never saw a thread for this so I want to address something I stumbled across.
If Olimar latches a yellow Pikmin (any other colour dies) onto the stomach of Ness before PK thunder hits him, it drastically shortens the distance he covers.
I noticed that when latched to his head (thrown from above) that it didn't work and that if I threw the Pikmin from lower than Ness then it gimped him each time (thrown from below makes it latch to his stomach).
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I happened to stumble across it and decided to test things. I haven't tried this on Lucas yet.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That actually happens when Ness' PK Thunder 2 hits things like hurtboxes in certain ways and it's already known.
You can do it with any pikmin color or even your own body. Just try to tech the stage if you use your own body.

Last edited:
Top Bottom