• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In need of a tag

Darukin

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I'm looking to get back into competitive smash, but I don't have a player tag. When I say coming back I played seriously with friends and in local groups just under the alias of "Ness" just because my creative skills are close to 0

(before you ask I know there are previous posts like this)

So I turn to the smash bros community to see what they think would be a good name to use while fighting it out on final destination. I main Ness and Greninja is my secondary in Smash4, My rl name is James so idk what people could use to implement that into a good name

Looking forward to some of your replies as it will be most helpful.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Psychic Water Arts? James Shuriken? Shuriken James?

The 2nd and 3rd one sound cool to me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What's wrong with "Darukin"? Does someone else have that tag? You probably won't like the way I find a tag, especially since I've been so picky. I went with "Dryn" for a long time. It's the name of a Chozo who was a key scientist in power suit technology in the Metroid series. You only see a bust of Dryn. Well, other people wanted this tag as well, and it turned out someone at Anther's Ladder had the tag. Worse, he used Samus as a secondary, and I couldn't be associated with him. Before I found this out, I went with other tags, such as Ungeist and der Rabe, German words for "demon" and "the raven". Still, I wasn't satisfied. I finally went with Crystanium, some made up material from the Metroid Interactive Fanfic (MIFF). Anyway, here's what I suggest.

1. Don't base your tag around a series. Say you're not pleased with the series anymore, or you would rather not be pinned to one series in general. Do you keep your tag? Or do you find a different one? Once you have a tag, history is connected with it.

2. Don't base your tag off of a color, unless you don't mind using a different color for your character. The reason why I used Ungeist and der Rabe was because the former sounded cool, and the latter, I like ravens. Well, what if I was using Dark Samus for the palette and someone else was, too? It's a popular palette choice, so imagine I would have to compete with others who want to use that color. Furthermore, at the time, I was trying out Mario and ZSS for a secondary, and I prefer Mario's light blue and pink palette and ZSS' red outfit. That didn't work for me.

3. Make sure that you cover all your bases, unless you don't care that there's someone else out there with a tag like yours. Recall my problem with someone on Anther's Ladder going by the tag, "Dryn". Well, that bothered me a lot, and as much as I wanted to keep the tag, I switched for Crystanium. I checked Smashboards, Gmail, Twitch, Twitter, Discord, Anther's Ladder, &c. to make sure the name hadn't been taken. If it had for any one of these, I would have continued to think of a different tag.

But, perhaps none of these bother you. Well, then perhaps you could try out PSI Darkness. It's not an attack that exists in the Mother series, though I've been told it was going to be one, but it never happened. The reason is because you use Ness and Greninja, who is a dark type.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
ESPionage might be something cool, seeing how Ness uses PK, and Greninja is a ninja frog.

LaneTip

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-5082-7443
j4mes? like how people call smash 4 sm4sh

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Try Mekaba, that's a cool tag I had thought of using.

Aleister

Invoker

Darkwurm

Terra

Armageddon Knight

(Names of specific Yu-Gi-Oh cards)

Last edited:
Top Bottom