• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Mango lost r1 vs Hbox puff w/ Falco

he switched to Fox and won 3 CLOSE matches

**** was sexy cuz then he came back to beat P 3-2 and then 3-0

:sonic:

strawhats

Smash Master
Actually mango didn't go puff in singles afaik. M2k was the one who went jiggz game 3 after losing the first 2 games as fox. M2k had a percent lead with less than a minute to go in game 3 but then got wreckless on the edge and got baired by hbox and died.

I was hoping to see mango's puff against pp after he went up 2-0 in the second set of GFs. Even just for 1 game.

:phone:

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
Melee doubles:
1. Mango + pp
2. Hbox + kage
3. Bam + vwins
4. Unknown + raynex
5. M2k + toph
5. I.B. + weon-x
7. SFAT + silentwolf
7. Kirbykaze + nintendude

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think based on what I've seen from an incomplete bracket:
1. dabuz
2. ally
3. mr r
4. v115
5. mjg
5. swordguard
7. holy?
7. chu/san?

Battlecow

Play to Win
GREAT matches. I loved it. SO many legendary sets!

By all accounts, a well-run tournament, etc. etc.

My gripe- commentary. Kirbykaze was entertaining during random mid-bracket matches at Big House, but it really ****ing pissed me off when he started lecturing us about KK's thoughts on this or that arcane bit of melee theory during the final stock of game 5 of PP vs Mango, or a similarly tight moment, in his best Eeyore voice. Jesus, dude, it's pride week, it's canada day, and you're at a melee tournament. What are you so ****ing sad for?

I'm not saying the entire commentary has to be two black guys yelling "****! ****!," but too much focus on hype would be an improvement over a commentator actively trying to calm everyone down.

That said--overall the stream was really well run and I had a great time watching it.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I was doing my best to moderate and interact with the chat but I was pretty busy running the stream itself. Will take note of it though :)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Don't be a little *****, you can turn it off
That's not the point. All the hype comments and stuff are fine, but the bashing of either game and pissing matches between people were just painful to watch. The quality of the stream itself was fantastic, so there wasn't really any problem with people spamming "zomg dis stream is dah wurst ever!" this time around.

I was doing my best to moderate and interact with the chat but I was pretty busy running the stream itself. Will take note of it though :)
Top notch stuff on the stream graphics, Warchamp. Really, it made a difference for quality viewing. I just think that people need to be less afraid of timing people out for offensive **** and slandering.

Almost every Melee stream I've seen, there's little to no moderation (Indicating a lack of care towards the actual stream itself. DATS BAD.)

JTsm

Smash Master
My experience at this was alright up until it got near midnight at the end. There were obviously some execution problems by starting on time with brawl. Eh, I guess I'll explain more on the results thread.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
No upsets in melee, it's exactly what I would have expected :/

Vyke

Smash Champion
Next time, have two streams ready.
Not really necessary. People need to get over their bias for games if they ever want to enjoy a stream for a console tournament game, because I doubt you're ever going to get more than one decent quality stream.

Just wait an extra day for the videos to whatever game you want to see to be uploaded. It's enough work to maintain one stream in a crowded venue without technical difficulty or suffering due to issues unforeseen.

Mprime

Smash Ace
No disrepect towards the gay community but having 100's of men walking around in buttless chaps was just wrong man. There were children at the venue for godsake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom