• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving Falcon's Neutral

UmbralHero

Smash Rookie
I recently switched to Falcon after becoming utterly fed up with Ivy's glitched recovery, and I've been loving his fast-paced, offensive playstyle. It's taken me a little while, as I haven't played a fast character in a hot minute, but I've become alright at comboing. The problem is I lose neutral more often then I'd like, which puts me in the position of trying to work with Falcon's atrocious negative game. I have some idea of what to do, but it's all personal trial and error with no input from other people, so help on my neutral game would be greatly appreciated. Specifically tools against fast characters that aren't easily combo'd by nair and d-throw and approach options against high-priority characters like Wario would be helpful. Thanks!

F!R3

Smash Rookie
Being super unpredictable with your movement is key. Mix in wavedashing, empty hops, wave lands, and platform stuff into your dash dance game. Retreating nair is good at stuffing approaches. Against fast fallers you have to more of tech chase with your combos. Lurk the falcon index thread in the melee discussion. Lots of good info

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget baits, taking hits with cc and going for either a grab, aerial(which aerial depends on your position after tanking the hit and if the opponent is in the air or grounded) raptor boost or running away and resetting neutral out of cc. Movement is good too but if you're using it in a way that threatens space and causes your opponent to swing and miss (kinda like baits) or stay in shield and not in a way that's showing off your techskill, Oh and run up shields, bruh.

Top Bottom