• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE POSTING!!! These are not combos!

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
i not sure what u mean by "At the time, we had a lot of people trying to convince us that ZSS had all these combos that she just didn't." may u please explain this in more detailed context :confused:
I'm not sure how he can get much more clear than that.

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I can explain it better, but I'll give it a shot:

Once upon a time, when our metagame was still young and there where more then 25 people who posted on these forums, many new players came to express their discoveries. "Zss is da coolest! She has a d-smash to Up-B infite" they said.

But this was not true. Most people competant players where getting annoyed by these untrue statements and as such decided to take action. They concluded that they should educate the masses on what are "true" combos and what isn't. Thus this thread was born!

Mostly, it was made awhile ago to tell people what where true combos, and what could be DIed out of/teched out of. It also served to stop pointless threads that everyone knew was complete BS.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Hm. This seems to be fairly out of date. It's mostly still accurate, but it might be worth the effort to correct the thing about the Fthrow chaingrab. My only real issue here is that this thread is listed in the ZSS Resource Center, (cans we callz it duh ZRC plz? :3) and I'd like to have grounds to believe that the vast ajority if not all of the information in the threads listed on there was accurate.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
I'm just a lowly Zamus secondary, Lucario is my main, but I would argue that these pseudocombos should actually be given credit. No, I have not attempted to play ZSS on a higher level of play and I do agree that many of the "combos" mentioned are easily DI-able or AD-able, but just because they aren't perfect frame traps like many of Lucario's strings doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't useful.

For example, if your opponent is not a pro who is highly familiar with all of Zamus' attacks, you may be able to pull of a Dthrow>Uair early in the match. Then later, when they realize that they can AD to avoid it, use Fair to delay and hit them with the second kick. Who needs frame traps when you have mind games :p Also, I'm not sure if this was previously mentioned but I've had amazing success with an opponent at low percents by following an Uair with UpB and then using another Uair.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Using things like this once in a while is okay.
The point was, in 2008 this was like ZSS BnBs.
Also, don't necro threads that haven't been posted in for 2 years.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
To be honest, I use some of these moves but not try to link them together. So what about a Bthrow chaingrab? I've tried many times and has worked out well. but I use most of these "combos" not too often so I don't get over predictable.

Top Bottom