• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Luigi Combos

Was this Combo Guide helpful?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Kinda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not Really...

• Not at all.

• Total voters

firefirefox

Smash Rookie
Personal Combo
Grab -> Down Throw -> N-Air -> Attack x3 -> Dash Attack -> D-Air (If Offstage)

Note: Works best from 0-20%, or Heavy Weight Class. It is also possible to escape after the N-Air or the three attacks. To escape after N-Air you have to jump before you hit the ground. To escape after the three attacks you need to roll behind Luigi. Don't attempt Dash Attack unless you know you will hit them, as Luigi is easily punishable if he whiffs a Dash Attack.

Tips for Luigi Throws
  1. Luigi can react faster from throws the lighter the opponent is. For example, a shield comes out 8 frames faster if you throw Kirby rather than Donkey Kong. A fast attack (such as Luigi’s N-Air) can get out of Luigi’s Down Throw-> F-Air -> F-Air combo.
  2. A player can also get out of a combo by jumping to either side after the Down Throw, so be careful.
  3. Since B-Air is a kill move, try to use U-Air on combos at low percentages to keep B-Air from going stale.
  4. If opponent Air Dodges after the Down Throw, punish with an Up Special, as they will most likely lag on the ground.
  5. If you accidentally hit the opponent backwards with an F-Air, you can B-Air at low percents to recover a combo or start a new one.
  6. Do not do Down Throw-> Up Special in mid-air unless you are 100% sure you can land the move.

Heavy Weight Class Combos
(Bowser, Bowser Jr., Charizard, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, R.O.B., Wario)

0-20% Down Throw -> F-Air -> N-Air -> Up Tilt/Smash
20-30% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air -> Any Aerial (Fall to Ground and Jump First)
30-50% Down Throw -> F-Air -> U-Air
50-70% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air
70-120% Down Throw -> B-Air/U-Air/Cyclone
120%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

Medium Weight Class/Fast Faller Combos
(Bayonetta, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Ike, Little Mac, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Lucina, Mario, Marth, Ness, Palutena, Pit/Dark Pit, Robin, Sonic, Shiek, Shulk)

20-30% Down Throw -> D-Air -> N-Air -> Up Smash/Down Throw (To Another Combo)
30-40% Down Throw -> F-Air -> U-Air
40-70% Down Throw -> Any Aerial
70-110% Down Throw -> U-Air/Cyclone
110%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

Light Weight Class Combos
(Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Olimar, Pac-Man, Peach, Rosalina and Luma, Samus, Toon Link, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Yoshi, Zelda)

0-10% Down Throw -> F-Air -> N-Air -> Up Tilt/Smash
10-20% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air -> Any Aerial (Fall to Ground and Jump First)
20-50% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air
50-100% Down Throw -> D-Air/U-Air/Cyclone
100%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

I know I missed some characters; however, I'm not sure what they are. If you notice that I am missing a character, feel free to comment that I missed one and include their weight class if you can. Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:

firefirefox

Smash Rookie
Edit Numéro Un:
  1. Added Shiek, Diddy Kong, Greninja, and Bayonetta.
  2. Alphabetized Weight Class Lists

Last edited:

EpicGus777

Smash Rookie
Personal Combo
Grab -> Down Throw -> N-Air -> Attack x3 -> Dash Attack -> D-Air (If Offstage)

Note: Works best from 0-20%, or Heavy Weight Class. It is also possible to escape after the N-Air or the three attacks. To escape after N-Air you have to jump before you hit the ground. To escape after the three attacks you need to roll behind Luigi. Don't attempt Dash Attack unless you know you will hit them, as Luigi is easily punishable if he whiffs a Dash Attack.

Tips for Luigi Throws
  1. Luigi can react faster from throws the lighter the opponent is. For example, a shield comes out 8 frames faster if you throw Kirby rather than Donkey Kong. A fast attack (such as Luigi’s N-Air) can get out of Luigi’s Down Throw-> F-Air -> F-Air combo.
  2. A player can also get out of a combo by jumping to either side after the Down Throw, so be careful.
  3. Since B-Air is a kill move, try to use U-Air on combos at low percentages to keep B-Air from going stale.
  4. If opponent Air Dodges after the Down Throw, punish with an Up Special, as they will most likely lag on the ground.
  5. If you accidentally hit the opponent backwards with an F-Air, you can B-Air at low percents to recover a combo or start a new one.
  6. Do not do Down Throw-> Up Special in mid-air unless you are 100% sure you can land the move.

Heavy Weight Class Combos
(Bowser, Bowser Jr., Charizard, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, R.O.B., Wario)

20-30% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air -> Any Aerial (Fall to Ground and Jump First)
30-50% Down Throw -> F-Air -> U-Air
50-70% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air
70-120% Down Throw -> B-Air/U-Air/Cyclone
120%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

Medium Weight Class/Fast Faller Combos
(Bayonetta, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Ike, Little Mac, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Lucina, Mario, Marth, Ness, Palutena, Pit/Dark Pit, Robin, Sonic, Shiek, Shulk)

20-30% Down Throw -> D-Air -> N-Air -> Up Smash/Down Throw (To Another Combo)
30-40% Down Throw -> F-Air -> U-Air
40-70% Down Throw -> Any Aerial
70-110% Down Throw -> U-Air/Cyclone
110%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

Light Weight Class Combos
(Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Olimar, Pac-Man, Peach, Rosalina and Luma, Samus, Toon Link, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Yoshi, Zelda)

0-10% Down Throw -> F-Air -> N-Air -> Up Tilt/Smash
10-20% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air -> Any Aerial (Fall to Ground and Jump First)
20-50% Down Throw -> F-Air -> F-Air
50-100% Down Throw -> D-Air/U-Air/Cyclone
100%+ Down Throw -> Cyclone

I know I missed some characters; however, I'm not sure what they are. If you notice that I am missing a character, feel free to comment that I missed one and include their weight class if you can. Thanks in advance for your help!

Top Bottom