• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Imperial Era 3 Results

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
1: Jtails/Patg(split) :metaknight::diddy: / :zerosuitsamus::lucario:
3: NinjaLink :diddy::rob::dedede::lucas::popo:
4: John12346 :lucario:
5: c.m :metaknight:
5: Penta :gw:
7: mike kirby :kirby2:
7: Dark.Pch :peach:
9: fight anime evee (Viva) :gw:
9: Southpaw :toonlink:
9: Professor mgw :olimar:
9: bonk :popo:
13: smasher :marth:
13: hippiedude :luigi2:
13: nipslap ????????????
13: Red x :ike:
17: Sasook :link2:
17: mechwarrior :dk2:
17: forsitel ????????????
17: Tony :falco::lucario:

Thanks foreveryone that show up. Hope you all enjoyed the tournament. Now due to what happen to me yesterday and this mental block I can seem to get rid of for ayear, I am quitting brawl. I tried just about everything and last week I put in work to get ready for this thing. even getting tips from top melee players. And I said if I fail at this tourny like the rest of them for the last time, I quit. And I did. So i'm finished.

But since people like these events. imight ether still run them, or have bum do it along.I have to talk to him and see how I am gonna do this. Only reason Iwould have bum run them is cause I don't wanna be tempted to play this game again then feel stupid for blowing it in tourny yet again.

I'll keep people updated when the next one is gonna happen and who will be running it.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Don't quit man! Not before I can legitimately beat you. :p

Haha, I really enjoyed myself and will try to attend any more of these events. Everyone was pretty cool! C.M. Imma get you bro! >=]

I hope to get some brawls with Jtails and John12345 next time!:bee:

LOOOVED the munchies Bum. <3

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I ****ing suck.
With that being said, I should start to seriously practice before events. :[
Had a good time+munchies were cool.

B0NK

Smash Lord
1: Jtails - Very well played, watching your matches you definitely kept your cool and didn't make any obvious mistakes (except not banning brinstar on Penta... lol)
1: PatG - Very impressive, also a very smart player, always great talking to you, next time I hope we meet in bracket though -_^b
3: NinjaLink - I got you next time, definitely keeping it closer and closer every time we play in tourney.
4: John12346 - Smart player, always great talking to you about random mechanics in the game, and of course nice lucario =P
5: Penta - ugh... learn IC's already lol, I know it's not impossible for G&W, hard but not impossible. Don't like to see impressive stuff from you in other match-ups then when you encounter an IC's you seem to just hit a brick wall. Come back stronger! =)
7: mike kirby - lol mini chudat right here, even saw those secondary IC's that can't really CG... just like Chu LOL!!!
7: Dark.Pch - You did very good, and don't quit, I definitely wanna shot at that peach in tourney since I always see you as one of my biggest obstacles if I meet you in bracket.
9: Southpaw - Your better than me, just accept it.
9: Professor mgw - GG dude, legit olimar, just play more patiently against other match-ups like you did against me =) You definitely showed me I have to refresh on the match-up again... was trying to punish things that really weren't punishable >.>
9: bonk - You suck, step it up, don't lose to NL.
13: Red x - You don't suck lol, stop saying that =P
17: Tony - definitely saw improvement from you dude, like i said review your vids and see where you could have done better in them.

Bum - excellent tourney, always great talking to you, can't wait for the next one! =)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Title of thread was edited quickly.

Jtails keeps making money. He should be ranked this season.

Good stuff to Ninjalink and Pat G.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
1: Jtails/Patg(split) - good stuff pat! Wish i could've played jtails, meh next time!
3: NinjaLink: GGs
4: John12346 : wish i played you, seem like a cool dude! :)
5: c.m: fun mm & friendlies man!
5: Penta: Nice G&W!
7: mike kirby: GGS mike! Fun stuff man, rap next time lol
7: Dark.Pch: ggs, and fun tournament :)
9: fight anime evee (Viva): Sup
9: Southpaw: Sup
9: B0NK: Intense first round, ggs! And thanks, Your defenetly right about the patient thing xD Some MU's I rush but other take my team x__x
13: Smasher: Sup
13: Hippydude: fun friendly, cool shirt
13: Nipslap: GGs Cool DK
13: Red-X: Sup, nice ike
17: Sasook: Ggs man, cool dude xD nice link
17:Mechwarrior: Fun friendlies man, DK super armor is serious lol
17: Forsitel: ggs :)
17: Tony T: sup

Fun tournament xD everybody was real chill people, got in a good amount of friendlies :) Ggs to all!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
John Numbers with that almost money status. D:

Unless you count that $6.75 I won in money matches as money status. :D

Also, that $500 Guyanese bill I found last night turned out to be worth only $2.40 US dollars. Bummer.

Also, can I assume the payout was 45/45/10?

Tony T

Smash Ace
1: Jtails :metaknight::diddy:Always fun Playing you Bro, thanks for the fun matches and Congrats.

1: Patg :zerosuitsamus::lucario: Glad to play you before the tourney started lol classic matches are always fun.

3: NinjaLink :diddy::rob::dedede::lucas::popo: those matches you had against PAT were awesome and you beat john the 2nd time around its true what they say the same things don't work on you the 2nd time lol. Awesome Job.

4: John12346 :lucario: I still have a ways to go before I can beat you straight up. I was being mad and impatient because of my placing in the tournament thats why I lost $5 to ya next time I wont be so Mad ggs bro.

5: c.m :metaknight: close in beating your MK in our mm bro and ggs see ya at PB6.
5: Penta :gw: It was great seeing you again and I apologize if there wasn't enough time for some friendlies and I was focusing on trying to beat john.

7: mike kirby :kirby2: hiya

7: Dark.Pch :peach: Dont Quit bro you tend to get upset a bit much when you're in your matches just try to stay calm even when stupid stuff happens you would be surprised on what you can really do if you do that.

9: fight anime evee (Viva) :gw: hiya
9: Southpaw :toonlink: Great seeing you again and I will definitely face you at PB6

9: Professor mgw :olimar:hiya
9: bonk :popo: Thanks and I'll take your advice.
13: smasher :marth: hiya
13: hippiedude :luigi2:Nice seeing ya again bro see ya at PB6
13: nipslap ???????????? Nice to meet you hope to see ya again.
13: Red x :ike: Our matches were lolzy yesterday and your Ike is still awesome as always.
17: Sasook :link2: Great to finally meet you hope to see ya at pb6
17: mechwarrior :dk2: Great seeing you again I'll see ya at pb6
17: forsitel ???????????? Nice Pit and ggs
17: Tony :falco::lucario: I used Lucario more than Falco and I'll do better at PB6.

Jtails

Smash Lord
1: Patg Great intense matches, I had fun playing you. Its always a pleasure Pat :)
3: NinjaLink Well I'm glad we didn't have to play this tourny lol like every single other one! Its amazing watching you play :)
4: John12346 dude I told you, you were a smart player. really good stuff in all your matches, I like what I see.
5: c.m Its always cool seeing you, I didn't see much of your matches though :O
5: Penta Great stuff during our set, I gotta remember to ban freaking brinstar!! >:(
7: mike kirby (Mini Chu dat) hey next time if you wanna play just ask, I'm not mean :p
7: Dark.Pch ughh idk what to say. I don't think you should quit, you obviously can win and you beat people lol just random stupid **** happens..
9: fight anime evee (Viva) Viva!!! <3 heyyy rebeccaaaa
9: Southpaw 100 matches 1 SD. 5 matches 5 SD's lol stop SDing!!! Relax. you're smart we both know it. now prove it to the world ;)
9: Professor mgw Next time lets play, I wouldn't mind :)
9: bonk We can work on those random match ups next time, I wanna see you place higher.
13: smasher always cool seeing you :) fun doubles
13: hippiedude yooo fun doubles :) fun guy talk at the end of the tourny
13: nipslap cool seeing you
13: Red X Best Ike in NYC! XD
17: Sasook I see you and that link! playing hour long sets with southpaw lol
17: mechwarrior Ryan!! we didn't talk much, you left kinda early too. still cool seeing ya
17: forsitel hey if you're new, come to more tournies :) get better and **** people
17: Tony fun matches for sure :) fun train ride

sasook.

Smash Cadet
First of all shoutouts to Dark and Bum for running this tourney, it was pretty fun and it was run in a way so that everyone could get in plenty of friendlies. Good stuff. Before I do specific shoutouts, just wanna say:

9: fight anime evee (Viva) :gw:
I think it's FightAdamantEevee or something like that, lol.

13: smasher :marth: :link2:
13: nipslap :dk2:
17: Sasook :link2: :snake:
17: forsitel :pit:
These changes need to be made.

Anyways, onto the people:

1: Jtails - Good stuff man, always fun watching you. Also I'll try to make my future sets shorter xD.
2: Pat - It was great to meet you, I really enjoyed our conversations and we definitely gotta play next time. Thanks for all the tips, and awesome job making money in this tourney. Soooo many clutch comebacks.
3: NinjaLink - I didn't get to play you D: good stuff though, always fun to watch you **** with so many different characters. At least I finally made it out to a tourney right? Also I SURVIVED.
4: John12346 - Funny running into you in the subway station, good stuff at this tourney. Shoutouts to shipposmash and your item knowledge. Also lol @ you not getting that one extra quarter.
5: Penta - shoutouts to the curtain lol.
7: Dark.Pch - Really well-run tourney, I hope you do this kind of a thing again because I'd definitely come.
9: Viva - Nice meeting you finally. Subway samba ALL DAI amirite?
9: Southpaw - Shoot man our set was so intense and LONG lol. Link vs. TL = camp fest galore. Aside from the unfortunate SD, great set and thanks for the advice after the set, I'll definitely keep it in mind.
9: Professor mgw - Thanks man, nice Kirby and lemme face that Olimar next time =P
13: smasher - Pick a name already D:< Lol good seeing you again as always. Btw thanks for leaving me in the Bronx, I lol'd.
13: hippiedude - HOUSE ARREST AWAY FROM THE HOUSE. Lol, ggs as always, I gotta stop playing so scared. Thanks for all the advice, we'll definitely meet up again soon. Also get a haircut =P
13: nipslap - Good stuff coming out to this tourney, be sure to watch videos of people like Will, Cable, ook, Ripple, etc. From what I remember, try not to spotdodge so often too, DK's spotdodge is meh.
17: sasook - You didn't play poorly except in game 3 of your set against Mage, but you placed horribly. Get better scrub. At least you made it out to a tournament for once, and you didn't die.
17: forsitel - Good stuff coming to this, like I said to your friend be sure to watch videos and just practice. Go ladder on AiB, anything really. From what I remember, your Pit was mostly arrow spamming until they got close, and then you'd either smash attack them, or first roll behind them and then smash attack them. Soo break those habits, because habits are bad. Also give up arrow looping, it's not useful in the long run. Hope this helps, and hope to see you at future tournies.
17: Tony - Yeah it was good meeting you, and I'll definitely try to be there if I can. Subway conversations da bess lol.

Shoutouts to everyone who left without me in the subway station in the Bronx LOL
Shoutouts to Paw and Jtails for not letting me miss my stop on the subway
Shoutouts to the 500 Guyanese dollars John found
Shoutouts to NL for telling me how to get home to begin with

Overall fun tourney, would definitely come again.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Haha next time defenetly xD i was worn out after dem pizzaz lol.

Lol i found my controller after i lost to d.pch, red-X was laying right next to it but it was under a coat...

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
1: Jtails - Good games, I'm upset I didn't do the best of my ability, but I'm going to follow your advice I've been reading from AyeEyeBee. Fun seeing you though and ****ing amazing job on 1st. get money get paid
3: NinjaLink - YEAAH!! LOL Always fun talking to you.
4: John12346 - I'm a living Deino
5: c.m - ILL QUALITY WITH DUALITY GLADS **** YOU! <3
5: Penta - Almost got top 3 *_* I wish I got top 5 with you. ): Your match with Jtails was great. I gotta take notes from you. imai.jpg
7: mike kirby - Good games in and out of tournament. I don't know why I didn't do so hot in tournament. Next time it'll be a lot different. Surprisingly, great Kirby. (:
7: Dark.Pch - Fun friendlies, kinda upset the way I played you though, I mean not talking and stuff. Kinda upset about stuff but it's whatever.
13: smasher - Fun LIRR and subway ride. Thank you so much for the ride home. I appreciate it
13: hippiedude - This kid, a legend. Lemme tell you about this kid
13: Red x - Good games, too bad Rainbow gayed you =(
17: Sasook - Fun subway ride there. Sad I didn't get to play you in singles. ;(
17: mechwarrior - MM next time <_<;
17: Tony - herro

All and all, good learning lesson and break from Wi-Fi. Definitively gonna step up my ****. Minty practice get!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Someone confirm the payout was 45/45/10, pl0x

1: Jtails - Congrats, lmao @ the face you were making when I beat Ninjalink in winners.

1: Patg - Those Zamus ******s and ***, booty booting my Lucario up.

3: NinjaLink - C'mon man I still need tips. How do I avoid getting straight up ***** like you did to me in losers? How would you suggest I avoid getting ***** by nanerz upon landing?

4: John12346 - You! Need to start winning money. >:(

5: c.m - Trela comebacks ftw!?

5: Penta - MISTUH PENTA SALAD, I'll be expecting that last quarter from you next time we meet.

7: mike kirby - I kinda wanted to fight you too, actually. Fighting Kirby is more fun than fighting MK, even if the MU is pretty tough for me.

7: Dark.Pch - You pull out way too many items for a Peach main. Over 5 Mr. Saturns!? I even saw a few Beam Swords in there, which you should be Ftilting with more often.

9: fight anime evee (Viva) - Evolves into Hydreigon? Oh shi-

9: Southpaw - ???

9: Professor mgw - ???

9: bonk - ???

13: smasher - I still want to know wtf happened to my second stock during our match on Halberd.

13: hippiedude - MISTUH HIPPIE DUDE, fight me in another high stakes one dollar money match. SRS BSNSS MAN

13: nipslap - ???

13: Red x - Why'd you place so low? You're Ike. Use your uber tripping hax and make everyone land into your Forward Smashes.

17: Sasook - ???

17: mechwarrior - John Numbers DK UpB voice over = top tier

17: forsitel - ???

17: Tony - Good seeing you again. Maybe I could drop some tips for w/e I'm doing next time we see each other? Perhaps that would help. ALTHOUGH NO AMOUNT OF TRAINING WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE WRATH OF MY ITEMS, MWAHAHAHA

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i do so many pointless MMs with you LOL
gg tho,dem item MMs da bess part of brawl,go figure.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
1;Jtails - I'll be sure to take you on on that offer, man. :)
1;Patg - What a win vs Ninja Link!
3: NinjaLink - I shouldn't have gone into a "I'm gunna get beat" mentality. Bad Mikey, BAD! Haha, I won't forget the lessons learnt from a loss so thanks!
4: John12346 - I really wanna get some Lucario MU practice! Can't get better without facing the best! :bee:
5: c.m - YOU! Haha, aw man. Memorable matches!! I was ONE edgehog away from placing higher! Great money match. ;) Heh, see ya at Pawlyy!
5: Penta - I think I've seen you around plenty of times but I can't place a name to your face. I assume this is you. You remembered me when we both walked into the building. That made me smile! If you're not who I think you are my bad. Hah, G&W is pretty tough to face.
7: Mi]{e]{irbY - Your face lit up when you saw that pizza, huh? Get cho munchies aawn! get better I know you can, just stay alert when you play; autopilot bad! :kirby:
7: Dark.Pch - I wanted to money match ya duude. Don't disappoint me by quitting. I mean, c'mon, best Peach in NYC!
9: fight anime evee (Viva) - I'll hold you to it man! I crave competition! It's what makes us better!
9: Southpaw - Epic set Vs. Sasook!
9: Professor mgw - Mah homie! <3 =] I'll get yo rappin' :laugh:
9: bonk - No joke, the IC match up Vs Kirby is crazy but I enjoy the challenge. I wanna see how I would fair against ya! Haha, my IC's... I'll take it as a compliment. ;)
13: smasher - Good match man. It was tough getting past that f-air. >.<
13: hippiedude - You're fun. =] 'Nd a cool guy. Tough Luigi!
13: nipslap - Aw man, I don't know you. Why is that???
13: Red x - You're a cool guy! Shoulda done that strip tease like the stream asked. ;)
17: Sasook - Watching you face Southpaw was such an inspirational match. Watching the patience you held. It was really something! Wish I had faced ya so I can practice my item catches. :) Hope to see you around some more.
17: mechwarrior - No lie, your face is pretty memorable since I went to my first tourny a few months ago. Nice shirt and I see you improved! Way to go. MAWNKAY PAUNCH YEAHZZZ! xD
17: forsitel - Wish I could remember you! =(
17: Tony - Saw you play a bit. Though I can't really remember you. Falco is quite a matchup, heh.

Thanks for the mini ChuDatz compliments. I feel honored really. Means a lot to me since he's my hero! I'm way to far off to be compared to him but I'm not going to give up on getting better! Til next time peeps!!
:kirby:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ahahaha I only wish I was the best.

The only real thing I'm good at in Brawl is the Lucario ditto.

Everything else is just gimmicks out of nowhere. ;p

Tony T

Smash Ace
Ahahaha I only wish I was the best.

The only real thing I'm good at in Brawl is the Lucario ditto.

Everything else is just gimmicks out of nowhere. ;p
Mike meant the best Lucario in NY which you are, those that are close to rivaling u in NYC are PAT, LucarioOwl and Me if I can get rid of my habits.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to all, I need to get better :(
Specifics:
1: Jtails- ****** me in doubles 1 stock at a time.
3: NinjaLink- My Laguna's gonna be at least 90 by PB6, more DDFF there pl0x.
4: John12346- A series of wtfs, misfortunes, and situational moves happened iirc. I need to learn how to play against your character D:
5: c.m- Stop asking me to moneymatch, I suck.
5: Penta- Breaking the curtains, smh.
7: mike kirby- Good matches, I need to learn how to fight your character too lol. I haven't played many Kirbys haha.
7: Dark.Pch- Great event sir.
9: fight anime evee (Viva)- Shoutouts to the guy who bought a Happy Meal
9: Southpaw- Fun doubles.
13: smasher- STOP GETTING NERVOUS AND PLAYING LIKE BALLS.
13: hippiedude- Karma is good now, thank God.
13: Red x- *wave*
17: Sasook- HE FINALLY LEFT THE HOUSE
17: mechwarrior- Good games, DK super armor and up b shenanigans got me good.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Btw Mage how come you didn't make with the Zair in our matches? Seems pretty important in the Lucario MU at times.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Btw Mage how come you didn't make with the Zair in our matches? Seems pretty important in the Lucario MU at times.
It doesn't beat aura spheres really and your fairs outspace it from above. Tbh I forgot how I played in our match because I lost focus after making so many mistakes haha.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Hey Raptor, sign me up for a Cario ditto at PB6 too. ;p

And Mage, your Zair only loses to my FCAS. If I have an uncharged one, go to town.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
First tournament of 2011 so I'm definitely starting on the right foot.

I just want to say this event was run so smoothly ending at a wonderful 8pm. I know some of you like staying at tournaments much longer, but I don't...that's just me.

I'm doing a few things(one of them studying peach) so next time you guys see me I'm better prepared.

Last thing, Ninjalink when you have time can you put some of my sets up?

Top Bottom