• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Immediate Escape from PK Fire -> Grab

DeliciousOctorok

Smash Cadet
So I faced Ripple the Dedede player in a tournament last Saturday and he was able to get out of my grabs immediately when I tried to grab him after hitting him with PK Fire. I would like to know if this can be done consistently and what I should do to prevent it from happening. Here's the Twitch archive:

http://www.twitch.tv/thesmashingillini/b/581863048?t=7h51m20s

I also play a Yoshi and DK player the two sets before this in case you want to watch those sets too. Also, any tips based on any of the sets is appreciated.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hehehe, I know exactly how to cause this and I bet no one else does

Last edited:

S21urcle

Smash Rookie
Hmm, maybe when you grabbed him the lingering pk fire hit him and he smash DI'd out? I don't know if you can smash DI while being hit by something else but I have no clue how he did it (you can see he gives a smug grin when he does it a second time lol).

This can help immensely against Ness if someone figures out how to do it.

Edit:

Dude let us in on it! As another big character main (Boozer lol) this can help sooo much.

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just looks like sideways SDI and buffer roll on the first hit of pk fire on reaction

though ripple can confirm and tell me if im wrong

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
youre wrong.

he grabbed me and I said no

Boiko

:drshrug:
I've only seen this happen on DDD.

Edit: Just watched to confirm it was what I was thinking of. LOL @ RIPPLE'S SMUG SMIRK AND NOD.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Pretty sure it's actually just a glitch and happens to D3 at high percents automatically. Go test it in training. Get D3 to 110+, PKF, grab, he'll break out immediately, as Ripple does. Simple solution is to dash grab so he goes outside the PKF tower.

Conclusion, Ripple ain't nothing special. ;)

Top Bottom