• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB (Madison, WI) Results

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Melee Singes:

1. Kels ($162)
2. Matt R ($81)
3. Sanchaz ($27)
4. Orly
5. Tom R
5. Scythe
7. Chexr
7. Oro
9. Mundungu
9. Gibby
9. Amanze
9. John
13. Arty
13. FrootLoop
13. Sync
13. Quaz
17. Big Moe
17. Fluxwolf
17. Triple R
17. El Jabearday
17. Nappy
17. Sago
17. Jacob
17. Masked Sheik
25. Red Ryu
25. Alex
25. Iron Knee

Melee Doubles:
1. Murder Matt and Typical Tom ($95)
2. blahblahblah (Kels + Orly) ($45)
3. Dante (John + Sanchaz) ($20)
4. Chexzorz242 (Chexr + Maxi B)
5. Kirb Stomp (Triple R + Oro)
5. Final Quink (Sync + Quaz)
7. Dante is a Girl (Mundungu +Gibby)
7. Amanze and Kyle

Brawl Singles:
1. Kain ($132)
2. YoshQ ($66)
3. Hunger ($22)
4. Arty
5. Sago
5. Swordmaster24 (Big Moe)
7. Triple R
7. fbs
9. Grimace
9. Zwarm
9. dla
9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy)
13. Mymanze
13. Red Ryu
13. Xeylode
13. Kirk

Pools cutoff:
17. Moozle
17. Loki
17. Swany
17. xxdudexx
21. Timbo Slice
21. Xodarap

Brawl Doubles:
1. Land Before Time (Hunger + Kain) ($132)
2. Ferrari Boyz (Nappy + Moe) ($66)
3. Swagger Tooth Tigers (Marshall + Grimace) ($22)
4. Team Randall and Amanze
5. Stegasoreass (Sago + YoshQ)
5. Kirk, Oro
7. Team Godly tacos (Arty + dla)
7. Tyrannosaurus Rox (Xodarap + xxdudexx)
9. Velocirapetors (Ewok + Swany)
9. Pteratactical (Loki + Red Ryu)
9. Hazardous Immortals (Moozle + Zwarm)

Smash 64:
1. Sanchaz (split) ($20)
1. Oro (split) ($20)
3. Sync
4. Mundungu
5. Gibby
5. Zwarm
7. YoshQ
7. Quaz

Marvel vs Capcom 3:
1. Kerahime ~<3 ($42)
2. Chex ($21)
3. Sanchaz ($7)
4. Roxy heart
5. Mundungu
5. Zaxro
7. SpongeJordan

Super Street Fighter 4 AE:
1. Kerahime ~<3 ($42)
2. Kain ($21)
3. Orly ($7)
4. Chexr
5. Red Ryu
5. Zwarm
7. Sanchaz

Street Fighter 3s:
1. Kerahime ~<3 ($8)
2. Scythe
3. Sago
4. Kirk
5. Orly
5. Zwarm
7. Mundungu
7. SpongeJordan

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
shoutouts to oro for marth dittos
shoutouts to flux for falcon dittos
shoutouts to anyone who got curged
shoutouts to gameFAQs
shoutouts to gibby the mountain
fun tournament

john!

Smash Hero
shoutouts tiem

sanchaz - thanks for everything, good **** beating tom, we ****ing **** as a team, SKELETOR
sink - i have your painkillers, you left them at the venue, come get them back
kels - we could've beaten you in teams!!! :( congrats on the win
r bros - thanks for coming, your teamwork is amazing and the mario is too good lol
mundungu - thanks for the ride, and bringing all the setups, without you this tourney would have kinda sucked
chris - you gotta respect sanchaz's skills! gg's though, it seems like i have less and less of a chance at beating you every time we play because you're getting too good
masked sheik - you should come to more tourneys, you're pretty good for having been retired for so long
frootloop - falco is better than marth so use falco cuz he *****
scythe - thank you for your purchase, i would have puked and thrown the rest away
sago - greasy
hunger - i'm gonna main icies, i'll make you proud, i promise
quaz - ASKJFHLKDJFHDSFJDSLAFh
erik - gg's, don't forget to watch the season 2 premiere
gibby - i'm scared to play you since mundungu told you how to beat me and then you started beating me right after he told you
triple r - KIRBSTOMP
chexr - good friendlies
arty - good friendlies
oro - we didn't play and we should have
amanze - we didn't play and we should have
kerahime - i don't know you, but you're obviously godlike at other fighting games, so good **** i guess
lightsoutace - thanks for hosting!!! i might have sounded mad at the seeding or w/e but you did a great job organizing and everything ran smoothly
anyone i forgot - don't take it personally!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Kels- Fun *** car ride. You are a funny dude. Good stuff winning like usual.

Orly- Stick to Falcon baby.

MattR- First game I thought I had a chance, then I don't know what happened. Good stuff on second.

Scythe-:salt: <3 :salt: <3 Worst tourney set ever for the both of us. Beat Chris already!

Gibby- Your Sheik is kinda good at the Falcon matchup and it had me worried :(

Amanze- GGs, you seemed like you were off your game though.

Sanchaz- Would've destroyed you if we played out 64.

Frootloop- We have the best marths, don't forget.

RRR-Fun teaming with you, and remember, we beat Kels!

D

Deleted member

Nice work, Kain.

Can the TO post the payouts for Brawl singles please?

Scythe

Smash Master
Super thanks to Kels for driving Arty, Kain and I home! What a great guy!

hunger!

Smash Champion
before my SO's ill try to fill in some characters.

Brawl Singles:
1. Kain :wolf:
2. YoshQ :metaknight:
3. Hunger :wario:
4. Arty :falco: / :gw:
5. Sago :metaknight:
5. Swordmaster24 (Big Moe) :metaknight:
7. Triple R :kirby2:
7. Marshall :metaknight:
9. Grimace :snake:
9. Zwarm :rob:
9. dla :gw: / :ganondorf:
9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy) :snake: / :falco:
13. Mymanze :pit: / :dedede:
13. Red Ryu :lucario:
13. Xeylode ?
13. Kirk :ike:

some of these MAY be wrong so correct if need be
----------------

SHOUTOUTS~

Brawl Singles:
1. Kain - Fun teaming with you once again. grats on first but you messed up our plan!
2. YoshQ - good stuff with mk. your bracket was kinda whack but not going to take that away from you for steppin it up. Upload w/e ya got
3. Hunger - bad
4. Arty - you vs grimace was some one of the weirdest sets ive ever seen. fun set with you arty. been a long time
5. Sago - fitchburg fellons comin back next mk tourney. oh boy!~ always fun seein ya man. but im not a fan of camptastic red sago.
5. Swordmaster24 (Big Moe) - fun set moe. MN should come to more of these. yall ****
7. Triple R - best kirby cause you play yellow.
7. Marshall - you shoulda had kain in winners. thought for sure you had it when you were up 80%
9. Grimace - My boy!
9. Zwarm - we gotta play sometime. cause its been far too long
9. dla - fun set. upload w/e you have of this tourney. teams n all. would be cool to see that. and ganon vs wario is scary as fukkk!
9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy) - Good seein' ya nappy. you should really just stick with snake. hes your best by far and not sure why you went falco on zwarm =P
13. Mymanze - Fun set amanze. always nice seein MN. you shoulda stuck w/ pit though. d3 vs wario isnt hard unless the d3 CAMPS like crazy.
13. Red Ryu - fun matches in pools. i think ive been in your pool for the last like 7 tournies lol. always gettin better. good stuff on not rolling constantly anymore
13. Xeylode - who the random?
13. Kirk - bracket *****? what happened here. you should be higher. but i <3 ya kirk

Moozle - you're awesome and you're even cooler since you play bowser. good mk counter :)
Loki - Fun seein ya, hope you can make it out to more tournies. Good TO'n too.
PJ - Best beard at venue and ballin' outta control.
Chris - Coolest melee player besdies cosmo
Scythe - You'll come back to brawl. just wait
Oro - you and kirk have some rediculous team combos. Keep it up
Kels - you're lucky i didnt enter cause i'd 4 stock ya everymatch no matter the matchup, puNk!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Thanks for the character usage listing. I'll take care of the payouts; these are what they would be according to the tournament details page.

Brawl Singles:
1. Kain :wolf: ($132)
2. YoshQ :metaknight: ($66)
3. Hunger :wario: ($22)
4. Arty :falco: :gw:
5. Sago :metaknight:
5. Swordmaster24 (Big Moe) :metaknight:
7. Triple R :kirby2:
7. Marshall :metaknight:
9. Grimace :snake:
9. Zwarm :rob:
9. dla :gw: :ganondorf:
9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy) :snake: :falco:
13. Mymanze :pit: :dedede:
13. Red Ryu :lucario:
13. Xeylode :falco: :snake:
13. Kirk :ike:

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
John: I know you weren't mad; you're always like that *trollface*
Auspher: I posted the payouts (I don't know Brawl teams for sure, YoshQ and Loki did that)
Wake: Maxi B entered as "El Jabearday"

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I like how the top 3 consists for melee consists of non-falcon mains.

s.o.'s later

ORLY

Smash Master
matt r: mad salty

sanchaz: you lucked out again that i didn't have to fight you. i don't know how you beat tom, but congrats on 3rd

kels: good teamin' buddy. we sure put mario in his place ;D

falcon: what's the deal, why can't you beat matt's fox

fox: you're broken

evil ryu: stop jumping into sakura's c.FP and do more combos

3rd strike: who even plays that game anymore

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sanchaz is bad.

Kels 2nd seed shouldn't have affected which side of the bracket he was on, which is proven by the fact that Scythe was 1st seed from Kels' pool and on our side. Having Kels' pool and MattR's pool on the same side of bracket is bad bracket making.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Melee:

1. Kels - Don't drop matches that involve Kirby.
4. Orly - Good job on 4th. You've been improving a lot in the past year.
5. Scythe - Really intense set. Fun matches.
7. Chexr - Thanks for the ride.
7. Oro - Thanks for teaming with me last minute. I thought we did really well for a random through together team. We are awesome! KIRBYSTOMP!
9. Mundungu - Thanks for housing MN.
9. Gibby - I think I played friendlies at Mundungu's the night before. Fun matches.
13. FrootLoop - Good matches in bracket. It was really rough. You play really solid.
13. Sync - See you in MN soon.
17. Big Moe - Ugh, why did we play so early in bracket?
17. El Jabearday - Why would you put your own face on your hoody. *******.

Brawl:
1. Kain - Good job with first in both dubs and singles.
2. YoshQ - You guys kinda had that doubles match, but you guys didn't finish it out. Good job on getting 2nd though.
3. Hunger - Fun matches in pools. They were really intense. Yellow Kirby is definitely the best color, and it's cool that you know that.
4. Arty - Fun matches. I couldn't just pull wins when I needed too lol. Solid Falco. Need more experience vs you are other good Falcos.
5. Sago - You should've had the teams match!
5. Swordmaster24 (Big Moe) - Your Marth is so good. It's actually fun to watch too. Marth is too good.
7. fbs - My birthday twin takes the win this time. Fun matches.
9. Zwarm - I forgot you ask you what I do different from Kappy. Fun matches. I haven't played against a ROB that seemed like a real ROB player in a long time.
9. Grenadeking56 (Nappy) - Stay with Snake! I don't care if he's like low tier of something. He's your bread in butter. You guys are like two peas in a pod. Why would you try to use Falco randomly?
13. Mymanze - Thanks for teaming with me. We are beast.
13. Red Ryu - Fun matches. I had some trouble the second time I played you. Good conversation mid set though. I could talk about matchups/ideas/tricks for awhile if you ever wanted to chat more.
17. Moozle - Fun matches. Your Peach is pretty good. Gotta some low percent kills on you in our pool matches that really set you behind though.
17. Loki - Why didn't you make it out of pools? Pick a character and stay with it for awhile lol. I know you can play well.
21. Timbo Slice - Nice pools matches. Good job taking a match off. Like you said I really know brinstar. I would've taken you to Frigate, but you must have smartly banned it lol.

Overall it was a really fun tourney. After the fact I don't feel too bad about my placings. Was a blast. Can't wait til the next thing.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Sanchaz is bad.

Kels 2nd seed shouldn't have affected which side of the bracket he was on, which is proven by the fact that Scythe was 1st seed from Kels' pool and on our side. Having Kels' pool and MattR's pool on the same side of bracket is bad bracket making.
We constructed pretty much all the pools by choice, and randomed the seeds into the bracket. Our biggest priority was just to separate people by region as much as possible, then by skill level.

Honestly, if I ever run a tournament, I'm just gonna give people a "skill rating" and region in TIO and random everything from there. We could have stacked the bracket like usual, but decided to keep it random this time.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Brackets should never be random.

It is always, always worth the extra few minutes to look at how a bracket might play out and who might run into an unfortunate pools rematch or in-region matchup early into winners or losers. The placements of the first seeds relative to each other is one of the most important and influential decisions you can make in the entire tourney, so you should really try not to **** it up...

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna say IF I did in fact beat MattR in losers, there would probably be a **** storm about how terribly it's seeded. But no johns, if I wanna place I just have to beat anyone and not get lucky like Sanchaz.

Arty

Smash Lord
This tourney was really laid back and fun. I loved the venue/convenient store downstairs/free pizza/etc.

Shoutouts to DLA for driving and teaming, all of IL/WI for the fun times, MN for making it out and doing well, Moe for putting in work with Marth (I don't love the GW/Marth matchup anymore!), Hunger and YoshQ for steppin it up, and all you TOs who made this tournament really great.

Edit: I just realized Diego got 5th in Melee, good **** lol.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We could always do swiss format, instead of stacking double elim brackets if you really want accurate results. I know Big C & D ran tourneys back in the day that did that, and it worked out really well.

I think that would only work for melee only tourneys though, we have a tough enough time as it is getting through double elim brackets with brawl around. Then again, swiss would eliminate the need for pools too.

Wake

Smash Master
Thank you Quaz! :p Yeah I didn't get to go, but I wanted to play both you and Quaz. MW Peach players! Also, I wanted to test my skills against Quaz again, gotta take him out soon ;)

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
No first seeds played each other until semifinals, Kels losing in pools just made it look ***ed it up. What would you have done, switched Kels and Scythe? Then you have pools rematches 2nd round. The players who won money (even Sanchaz) beat multiple good players to get there. I don't see the problem here (unless you're talking strictly about placements 5-9, in which case it would make a difference).

john!

Smash Hero
lol i remember when madison went through this whole "sanchaz sucks" thing; back when he started getting good, people (including me) refused to believe that he was good and just gave him **** about being cheap and getting lucky
(we still do)
. acceptance of the sanchaz style takes time i guess, but quit johning about his tourney placements.

Thank you Quaz! :p Yeah I didn't get to go, but I wanted to play both you and Quaz. MW Peach players! Also, I wanted to test my skills against Quaz again, gotta take him out soon ;)
ohh okay i understand. there are a few minnesota smashers that i want to meet, so maybe i'll go to your next big tourney.

Top Bottom