• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 8: Invincible Combat Roll - April 13th, 2013 - Madison, WI

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Hey Oro, you wanna Team For Melee since sanchez is teaming with Flux?

Dragmire

Smash Lord
can i take that as a yes frootloop?

also do you guys need any melee or P:M setups? i dont have any TV's but i can at least bring my cube/wii and games if needed

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We could use both if you don't mind bringing them. More than likely an extra P:M setup, since we had one last time.

FYI, since the OP isn't getting updated, here are the updated rules / schedule:

Prices: $5.00 venue fee (includes pizza!)
$10.00 Melee singles
$10.00 Melee doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Project M singles
$10.00 Project M doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$2.00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
$4.00 CSP Teams ($2 per person)

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles
CSP: 70/30

Schedule:

12:00 Melee Doubles
12:30 P:M Doubles
1:30 CSP Doubles
2:00 Brawl Singles
3:00 Melee Singles Pools
4:00 P:M Singles
5:00 Melee Singles Bracket
7:00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
9:00 NBA Jam 2v2 (if there's enough interest / time)

As for stages, Brinstar is really stupid. We are swapping for Mute City instead for singles. It is removed for teams.

CSP Stage update:
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain and Hyrule Temple

Everything else stays the same.

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
Anyone feel like blindly committing to a $5 mm against someone who you've never seen play before? Offer ends once I go bankrupt.

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
Turns out my wheelman is taking his ACT until 1 this Saturday. Including the drive from Milwaukee, we might show up a couple minutes after the start of the melee pools. Is there any way someone can make sure my friend and I are registered for it? Any matches we miss can count as losses.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Peeps are free to stay over on Saturday for a party/drinking while smashing. Gin and tonic and wine? At least for the peeps I know for sure can drink, those who are under 21/don't drink, feel free to drop by as well. Those who don't know me well, you're going to get marveled.

"You will not survive." Wesker

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
From what I can tell, turnout looks pretty good. There is the 16 of us who RSPV'd, a couple guys from MN who haven't, half a dozen from the Milwaukee facebook group who are going. Granted, I've no clue what you would call a 'good' turnout.

Zicore

Smash Champion
DAMMMMIITTTTT! I just found out about this amazing looking tourney this morning. Next one.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
3rd strike isnt run because we have 8 tournaments on the schedule. You guys can try to run it if you want to.

We're going to try running on schedule, so please be on time. We are starting melee teams at noon.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
this tourney was hella fun guys, although im ashamed how poorly i played in the actual tournament portion, my skill exponentially improved over the course of the day (if anyone frootloop can account to that).

i'll definitely post shoutouts in results thread but it seems like the guy who drove me had a good time too and said this might become more regular if your hosting more IMDB's.

Top Bottom