• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 7: Sudden Shock

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

I know I hold no clout in the Melee community and nobody that would come to this tournament but like Frootloop/IL peeps would know me, but if any of you have been keeping up w the EVO ruleset thread at all, there's a big discussion about alternative time settings, as the 8 minute limit is too much for MrWizard. We can debate theoryfighter all we want and we can even try to use predictive models based on existing matches, but nothing beats hard data. Participants, you guys should respond now and see whether or not you're game for it. If they are, LightsOutAce/other TOs, you guys should consider running 3 stock/6 min pools at this event or even 4 stock/7 min if you don't wanna go that far and see how people feel about it + if the length of matches significantly changes =)

I'll be watching this thread for responses.

I've run a whole tournament at 2 stock/3 minute. that said, matches almost never go past 5 minutes anyways.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Nothing goes past 5 minutes unless there's a jigglypuff player involved. This is 2013.

I'm actually going to play some games with people this time around.

hunger!

Smash Champion
Odd are everyone will be showing up in madison while i'm leaving town. lololol

IM GOING TO SPY ON YOU FROM ACROSS THE STREET AND SHOUT NAMES

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Nothing goes past 5 minutes unless there's a jigglypuff player involved. This is 2013.

I'm actually going to play some games with people this time around.
We gonna MM Mundungu? or do you just wanna play some friendlies?

Question: Could I get one or a few of my MM's recorded? I need some new stuff for YouTube...I've only got footage from about a year ago and I was really bad then. lol

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
this is getting out of hand

also yeah lets get our stuff recorded. I gotta watch me be bad so I can be less bad.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
As long as you play on the stream setup, your match will get recorded. I won't have any other recording.

If you do play a match you want recorded, let me know so I can look for it.

Scythe

Smash Master
it looks like i can make this now, but the carpool is full. Any other cars coming from chicago going to this? Nick?

Rat

Smash Lord
I might go if I can get housing/something for Sat night. I hate driving for 4 hours after a a whole day tournament.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Can't come anymore, mom has to work and I gotta help my dad with things while I take him to the Hospital one last time/me doing what he needed to do around my parents house.

Sorry Rev.

ORLY

Smash Master
a post-tournament party maybe? we can get drunk, go hit on ladies, and do karaoke

but where's zicore :(

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can house some people if needed.

I really hope I don't get johned out by a cold, don't feel so well right now.

ORLY

Smash Master
any word on someone maybe bringing a SF4 set-up? :D

otherwise, i'll be playing CSP at every available moment between sets and cigarettes

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Its up to you guys to bring street fighter if you want to play. I don't feel like bringing that + 3 smash setups.

Xtra

Smash Ace
damn i wanna hit a tourney soon. just logged onto swf today. was supposed to have off tom but gotta work now. :( but damn dr insaniak, and chansen on the wisco thread. wtf is going on here?

Rat

Smash Lord
So it looks like there's no PM teams on the schedule.
Can that be changed to include PM teams? I'll totally run it for you.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Rat: I would enter that ****, and yes, you can.

Showing up tomorrow massively hungover. I may bring my street fighter set up, pending how hungover I feel. If I do: Orly, fyi, you will get destroy now by my ultra 2 setups.

I'm going to play as sheik, don't feel like L canceling.

I hope peeps can make it, we do have some "awesome pizza" at the venue. ;)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yeah Rat, that sounds good. We can probably do it an hour after melee teams starts, since it shouldn't take too long. I can convert one of my setups to P:M if we need it.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Rat: I would enter that ****, and yes, you can.

Showing up tomorrow massively hungover. I may bring my street fighter set up, pending how hungover I feel. If I do: Orly, fyi, you will get destroy now by my ultra 2 setups.

I'm going to play as sheik, don't feel like L canceling.

I hope peeps can make it, we do have some "awesome pizza" at the venue. ;)
There's always awesome pizza at these.

Top Bottom