• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 5 Results, Madison, WI

Mundungu

Smash Lord
In Madison, Double Bowser 5

Video Thread

Melee Singles
1. Kels
2. Frootloop
3. MattDotZeb
4. RRR
5. Wake
5. ORLY
7. Black Hayate
7. The Good Doctor
9. Max Berger
9. Meneks
9. Vino
9. Gibby
13. Mundungu
13. Quaz
13. YoshQ
13. LightsOutAce
17. Rev6
17. CrossFadingRage
17. Clara Ford
17. Ten
21. Zicore
21. Red Ryu
21. Xeylode
21. Thomas Anderson
25. Housewife

Melee Teams
1. RRR & Bluezaft
2. Kels & The Good Doctor
3. Frootloop & ORLY
4. Wake & Max Berger
5. Black Hayate & Mundungu
5. Quaz & Genkaku
7. Gibby & Vino
7. YoshQ & CrossFadingRage
9. Sanchaz & Zicore
9. Rev6 & Xeylode

Cactuar Stamina Pancake
1. Kels
2. Frootloop
3. The Good Doctor
4. Gibby
5. Max Berger
5. ORLY
7. Clara Ford
7. Mundungu
9. Rev 6
9. Zicore
9. Red Ryu
9. MattDotZeb
13. Alan
13. Meneks
13. Ten
13. LightsOutAce

I don't really know what happened in brawl singles, since none of it was recorded in TIO. I think it was all done on paper.

The MN / IL crew beat the WI crew by one stock in the crew battle.

Wake

Smash Master
Sweeeet!

Awesome tourney! It seemed like everything went pretty smoothly.

RRR- Good job beating me this time! It's been a while. Guess I'll have to try harder next time. Nice beating Orly too, and winning Melee doubles and Brawl haha.

Frootloop- I wish I could've played you in a full set, but a Kirby got in the way. Oh well. Maybe next time. I think your Falco is better than your Fox.

Gibby- We went from never having played before to playing a bunch in just a week haha. Just keep practicing. You'll get the hang of Peach.

MDZ- Fun playing you! Guess you get to add another Peach under your belt. :)

Orly- HANDFUL OF GLITTER! lol. Fun pools set. I can't wait to get a rematch!

TGD- Ahh too bad we didn't get to play again. I was looking forward to another set.

Max- I know I'm not very good practice for defensive Peach, but I knew you could take Quaz if you played well. Good job!

Meneks- GGs. Don't forget to strike FD! lol

Vino- Crazy powershields haha. I'm so glad I didn't have to play you. I've improved since the last time we played, but I still don't think I have an answer to Puff.

Quaz- I know this game can be frustrating sometimes, but don't give up!

LoA- I didn't get to play you at all! Tourney was awesome though!

Zicore- We only got to play in doubles. Fun matches though.

Black Hayate- Got to play 2 sets with you! You're a fun guy. Hope we can play again!

Mundungu- I didn't get to play you at this, but I watched some of your games, and we played at BH2. You've definitely improved since we played at SMYM. Good stuff! Thanks for the housing too.

Bluezaft- Thanks for driving us! Good job in doubles. Glad you had fun at the concert.

Kels- Still haven't played you before...

Meneks

Smash Lord
Wake - Thanks for offering/playing a second set I'll give you better games next time around I promise.

The Good Doctor - Next time we play, I'm going to win.

police - **** you

GGs to everyone else I've played/met, this was a pretty fun tourney..
Madison was really nice place to visit, and i definitely wish I could've brought my bike to ride around the city.. Such a cool place

ORLY

Smash Master
lol we made it

but i had a long hard talk to kels about what he does wrong in sets

he doesn't quite get why i disapprove of his style

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
Fun playing in a tournament after so long. See you all at the next one in madison (maybe).

G

genkaku

yoooo
really fun tourney, it was nice to see everybody. The smash community is full of such fun people.
thanks again to quaz for driving, special shoutouts to zach-somestringofnumbers for housing.

GGs to everyone that I got to play with, I learned a lot about the game getting to see so many different people play/go to work on my nerves, haha. Gonna put in some work and try to get quaz to drive us to more smashfests and see if I can't get better quick.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
True, Nebraska has one of the few remaining Yoshi mains in Tacoom. If you don't know the Yoshi matchup it's confusing, double jump cancelling is broken.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
lol we made it

but i had a long hard talk to kels about what he does wrong in sets

he doesn't quite get why i disapprove of his style
he doesn't win because of his style. I now know the main problem in my play vs kels, I'll be thinking about solutions and be better prepared for next time.

ggs everyone, tourney was full of great matches

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Kels - so wack. That's all I have to say.

Frootloop - Frank you're soooooo good

MattDotZeb - Gamefaqs reresent. I'm looking forward to seeing the sets you recorded, good call bringing that setup.

RRR - Someday I'll beat you; I keep getting closer.

ORLY - Wobbling

Black Hayate - Holy *** your crews rampage will live on in WI legend. Keep flying and teleporting.

Max Berger - That game 7 Cactuar stamina pancake match was heartbreaking. You should have seen Chris's face.

Vino - Sure, start playing well AFTER you lose 3 stocks in the crew battle :p

Gibby - Why are you so good at Cactuar Satmina Pancake? That Link match vs Kels' Kirby was amazing.

Mundungu - Great smashfest Friday (Denny's was spectacular). Thanks for driving me to and from the venue.

YoshQ - I was sandbagging the first two games of that money match. :troll:

CrossFadingRage - I have vanquished you again! You're definitely improving. When you grab me I am frightened.

Zicore - You're the man. Your reactions to Cactuar Stamina Pancake were almost as good as Chris's were.

Thanks for coming everyone!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Did people not remember to go sheik vs kirby or what?
I think people forgot Kirby is terrible and played normally against him. Y'all should take notes when I put my set up vs him in LSF.

Also can I have a bracket image? I want to label the sets correctly.

2nd also, is there a YT channel for MW Smash? If not, I'll get on making the MidWestMelee channel tonight.

3rd also, I think I left my laptop charger in the venue............ >_< It would've been on the table next to the one that had all the pizza boxes on it. Did anyone see it?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I have your charger, I can bring it to the next tournament.

I'll be transferring a bunch of matches to youtube later this week. I'm busy till wednesday, so probably around then.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Thank you T_________T

I'm buying a new one off amazon right now because 'the next tournament' may be weeks away.

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Did Randall really go Kirby in tournament? Like the whole tourney or did he switch to FOX halfway through?

Is this some kind of inside joke that I am not aware of?

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Must. Beat. LOA. At. Next. Tournament.

Guess I'm getting good at grab combos. And I suck at the Falco-Falcon MU. ORLY, I must have hints.

And of course, nice seeing everyone again.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I think people forgot Kirby is terrible and played normally against him. Y'all should take notes when I put my set up vs him in LSF.

Also can I have a bracket image? I want to label the sets correctly.

2nd also, is there a YT channel for MW Smash? If not, I'll get on making the MidWestMelee channel tonight.

3rd also, I think I left my laptop charger in the venue............ >_< It would've been on the table next to the one that had all the pizza boxes on it. Did anyone see it?
Make the channel!

ORLY

Smash Master
falco / falcon is unwinnable unless the falco lets you win

or if it's kels' falco ;D

EDIT: there is one technique, but i dare not speak its name

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
oh crap forgot to show you my sweet anti-falcon technique

probably totally negates your sweet anti-falco technique

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think I'm like 0.5 for 10 in tourney predictions now

And I'm not sure the 0.5 should even count, it was Teczero splitting with Kels back in August.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice

Ok, maybe a more specific question. How to deal with shield pressure and lasers? I find myself stuck in shield and then I just get grabbed > *****. IF I get a grab off, I can sometimes kill with that.

ORLY

Smash Master
get good at powershielding lasers and punishing techs like a champion

that's the key to beating falco

but if you get stuck in your shield, it's basically a no win situation. you can't shield grab on good falcos, so if you find yourself in your bubble prison, you gotta either roll or WD out. sometimes you can find a good chance to down air or nair out, but it's not always gonna be there. keep your eyes open

sanchaz

Smash Lord

Unwinnable? I don't think so.

There is one thing Infiltration does the best out of anyone, adapt.

Does he complain, no, ***** about matchups that are not in his favor, no, he adapts. I saw him vs one of the best yun's ever. The matchup is like 6:4 yun. Every dp hit, and every hit confirm was a max punish.

Falcon can beat falco.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Ok, maybe a more specific question. How to deal with shield pressure and lasers? I find myself stuck in shield and then I just get grabbed > *****. IF I get a grab off, I can sometimes kill with that.
Lightshield so when Falco is pressuring you the light shield helps pushes you back and you can get out of falcos pressuring.

don't miss tech chases

utilize platforms and be really evasive.
Remember falco lasers best when hes not on a platform

What is 'Cactuar Stamina Pancake'?
Worst thing ever created

Top Bottom