• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to replace some Dr. Mario colors with different alts....

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
but for some reason they all end up having the pill as their Neutral B and thunder as their s. smash. Does anyone know how to revert the coding they implemented for Dr. Mario's costume slots?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
It's impossible to change the pill and electric forward smash effects as far as I know, especially the pills because I think they had to hard code the Fireballs into the pills. The pills and electric forward smash were made to only be on the Doc's costume slots, so if you want to put a costume over one of them, then you have to deal with the character having Doc's effects.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There's conditional costume coding in those subactions. You'd just change that to only include the range of costume #s that you still have in Doc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you don't know what I mean by "subaction" then I'm not really willing to go through all the steps to teach you how to do it, sorry.

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
If you don't know what I mean by "subaction" then I'm not really willing to go through all the steps to teach you how to do it, sorry.
lol what I meant by that is I'm unsure which line of code in the subactions would relate to the range of costumes that the effect would affect.

Wigls

Smash Rookie
If Bit is Set: LA[54] =< 7
LA[54] is the variable for costume slot #, so change =< 7 to whatever you need.
Should be changed for NSp, SSp, all f-smashes, down taunt (appeal low), and one of the win animations, forget which one.

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
Should be changed for NSp, SSp, all f-smashes, down taunt (appeal low), and one of the win animations, forget which one.
I've been fiddling with the value and for some reason I can't have the effects only work on the original costume. Any other advice?

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
I managed to code everything out except the pill texture. Do you know how I would go about editing it?

Kamek24

Smash Rookie
The Fireball is weird. It sets a bunch of different variables equal to the costume number, then uses those to assign the corresponding article, from what I can figure out.

However, if I throw in an If/Else:
If (LA Basic[54]=7)
Original code
Else
Code with variables set to 1 (for a normal costume)
End If

It doesn't quite work right. If you pick normal Mario off the bat, it works fine, but if you pick Doc then switch to Mario, Mario starts popping pills. It's like it refuses to reset the variable.

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
The Fireball is weird. It sets a bunch of different variables equal to the costume number, then uses those to assign the corresponding article, from what I can figure out.

However, if I throw in an If/Else:
If (LA Basic[54]=7)
Original code
Else
Code with variables set to 1 (for a normal costume)
End If

It doesn't quite work right. If you pick normal Mario off the bat, it works fine, but if you pick Doc then switch to Mario, Mario starts popping pills. It's like it refuses to reset the variable.
yeah, its been bugging me trying to figure out the proper coding to fix it but I'm starting to give up loool.

Thanks! I ended up just switching to this awhile ago. Kinda sad my Doc. Mario shoots fire balls now.

Kamek24

Smash Rookie
Well herp my derps, I was being an idiot. I set the variables equal to scalars rather than values.

Here, screenshot of what works. You can rest now. Your quest is at an end.

Like I said, make sure you set the RA-Basic variables equal to the value 0, NOT the scalar. Also, remember to adjust the sub action pointer in animation 1CF to the new offset, or he'll lose his air fireballs.

Luca_Boardet

Smash Rookie
I know this thread is super old but will this work with 3.6?
Because 3.0 is not Tournament legal anymore.
:/

Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom