• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to get my toes into the water in the very deep competitive Melee scene

PB MAC

Smash Rookie
I know a lot of people have probably asked this already but I have some problems with this especially given the situation we are in right now
Issue #1: I don't have a computer strong enough to run slippi and I know that I could do well but without slippi it would take a longer and harder time to get there, although I have a friend who has one that could let me use his for now
Issue #2: I live in SoCal and I don't know if that's a good thing because a lot of high level of talent is there, or a bad thing because I live in a city not really known and might not have that big of a competitive scene and I'll have to save up some money
Issue#3: I know the basic tech skill such as wavedashing, l cancelling, and shield dropping, but I don't really have an idea of how much I'll need for it to be enough to match with my mind and how I see the game
Issue#4: I play C. Falcon and there's some matchups that I train for that give me trouble, more specifically Falco and Marth, and I know there common characters played all across the board
If you gave any advice I'd like to say thank you, I've been playing the game for about 2 years now and I already now with my situation it might take at least 2-3 years just for me to break top 100 but I know that if I put my mind to it and can grind it out and in 4 years make top 50, maybe even top 20

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean couldnt you play projectM especialy because you play falcon i dont know the finer deiffrences betwwen Meele and Project M

Top Bottom