• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isucksobad

Smash Rookie
I ****ing suck so much. I have hundreds of hours in this game and I hate it but I just can't stop playing because I want to like it. I rarely ever win a game no matter who or what I play. I can't focus I just choke Everytime. Forget any move but smash attacks. And constantly repeat moves. I'm so bad and I hate it. It seems no matter what I do I can't get any better. I don't normally get very upset at video games and difficulty doesn't upset me normally but there is just something about this game that infuriates me to the point of violence. I've ran through joycons and headphones because of my anger toward this game and I'm just sick of it. I had never been more hyped for a game than I had with this one and to just perform so poorly and not enjoy it is just demoralizing because I wanted to love it so bad. I just don't know anymore. Just needed to rant. Take my anger out on something other than the switch itself lol.

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
You have to get rid of that mindset that’s making you seem like you’re the worst player. All of us have started playing Smash at one point where we were bad players, until we practiced and played against other players to improve our skill. If you’re playing against CPU’s, don’t even bother trying to practice on them only, since they do things and make silly mistakes that no human player would do. When you’re playing against someone, don’t just blindly run towards them and spam moves on them, since this linear movement is very predictable. The problem is that you are setting high expectations for yourself and end up getting disappointed when proven otherwise. Try to understand why you lost and take it as a learning experience rather than failure. We all win and lose sometimes, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes our opponents get the upper hand or win the game with a read against us, which is normal. By setting these high expectations on yourself, it’s causing you to be frustrated to the point where joycons and headphones have been destroyed. When playing against your opponent, you need to learn how to space and how to develop a strategy to beat them. Learn from your mistakes based upon your losses and it will teach you more quickly than just constantly winning over and over. By winning over and over, it doesn’t teach you what you need to learn rather than losing, which shows flaws in your gameplay to help you improve. Don’t expect to become a pro player overnight, it takes time and practice to become better, and most pro smash players have been playing the game for years, years worth of experience, and years worth of winning and losing.

Another thing is that you need to stay cool during gameplay to avoid getting frustrated later on. Acknowledge it and do certain things to help you stay cool, such as playing music or just taking short breaths after a match to cool yourself. Getting frustrated will do nothing but make you feel worse, and put you in that mindset that you’re the worst, which is negative.

Isucksobad

Smash Rookie
You have to get rid of that mindset that’s making you seem like you’re the worst player. All of us have started playing Smash at one point where we were bad players, until we practiced and played against other players to improve our skill. If you’re playing against CPU’s, don’t even bother trying to practice on them only, since they do things and make silly mistakes that no human player would do. When you’re playing against someone, don’t just blindly run towards them and spam moves on them, since this linear movement is very predictable. The problem is that you are setting high expectations for yourself and end up getting disappointed when proven otherwise. Try to understand why you lost and take it as a learning experience rather than failure. We all win and lose sometimes, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes our opponents get the upper hand or win the game with a read against us, which is normal. By setting these high expectations on yourself, it’s causing you to be frustrated to the point where joycons and headphones have been destroyed. When playing against your opponent, you need to learn how to space and how to develop a strategy to beat them. Learn from your mistakes based upon your losses and it will teach you more quickly than just constantly winning over and over. By winning over and over, it doesn’t teach you what you need to learn rather than losing, which shows flaws in your gameplay to help you improve. Don’t expect to become a pro player overnight, it takes time and practice to become better, and most pro smash players have been playing the game for years, years worth of experience, and years worth of winning and losing.

Another thing is that you need to stay cool during gameplay to avoid getting frustrated later on. Acknowledge it and do certain things to help you stay cool, such as playing music or just taking short breaths after a match to cool yourself. Getting frustrated will do nothing but make you feel worse, and put you in that mindset that you’re the worst, which is negative.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try use the things you've said in my gameplay and try to stay cool lol

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Another point to add at least on anger management is if you feel really salty to the point where you're going to destroy one of your joy cons, stop. Take a break. The best way to dealing with that frustration is to try and stay calm. If not, your rage can lead to you wrecking your controllers, and that will cost you if you want more. In fact, a good way of dealing with anger in general is keeping it pent up rather than lashing out.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please do not make rant threads. There are Q&A and advice threads on the boards that you can utilize to improve. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom