• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm SICK of being banned into For Glory Hell

How often are you in FG hell?

• What's For Glory Hell?

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • maybe once a month

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • every couple weeks

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • bro I have the same problem

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Plisken

Smash Rookie
I've been stuck in FG hell, since probably around the time of the smash e3 direct. It seems like every time I get out, within 2-3 days I'm back in it. WTF is the deal? Is it because I play on 3ds? (I don't own a Wii U) I don't see why that would be except for the fact that maybe more kids play on 3ds? Regardless of the reason it's really pissing me off... It's my only means of practice since almost nobody plays the 3ds version, and the Anther's Ladder 3ds scene is practically non-existent. How the hell am I supposed to play if I'm stuck in dead server where once every hour the only opponents I ever get are laggy spammy Toon Links who leave if you take the first stock? I'm sitting in a room as I'm typing this right now waiting....

It's not like this is an occasional "once every couple weeks" thing. if I get out, I'm back in in like literally 3 days.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Not sure if I can be much help since I don't play on the 3DS, however...

From my understanding once you get put in FG Hell it becomes much easier for you to get put back in. So the more you go in the less it takes for you to get placed there. I also heard people can report you while you're there and that basically extends your stay. As for the reasons why you may end up there...

I see you have Sonic listed as your main.

Sonic is pretty notorious for making people extra salty as not many people find him too pleasant to go against. The simple fact is that some people can and will report you just for your character choice. It could even be your playstyle. If you play too defensively, taunt, or do anything that can remotely rub someone the wrong way they can and will report you. It's sad, cause even if you don't do anything wrong or deserving of it people can report you, even for no reason.

If you truly want practice it's best to find it elsewhere other than For Glory anyways to avoid this issue altogether.

SmashBoards has a 3DS matchmaking/friend code sharing Thread you can use.

You can also try to get Discord as they have Smash specific Discords ranging from Character specific, State specific, and even one strictly for 3DS users. You'll have way more luck on Discord or here AND find way better opponents that are three times as fun, plus FG hell will no longer be an issue for you.

Last edited:

Plisken

Smash Rookie
Not sure if I can be much help since I don't play on the 3DS, however...

From my understanding once you get put in FG Hell it becomes much easier for you to get put back in. So the more you go in the less it takes for you to get placed there. I also heard people can report you while you're there and that basically extends your stay. As for the reasons why you may end up there...

I see you have Sonic listed as your main.

Sonic is pretty notorious for making people extra salty as not many people find him too pleasant to go against. The simple fact is that some people can and will report you just for your character choice. It could even be your playstyle. If you play too defensively, taunt, or do anything that can remotely rub someone the wrong way they can and will report you. It's sad, cause even if you don't do anything wrong or deserving of it people can report you, even for no reason.

If you truly want practice it's best to find it elsewhere other than For Glory anyways to avoid this issue altogether.

SmashBoards has a 3DS matchmaking/friend code sharing Thread you can use.

You can also try to get Discord as they have Smash specific Discords ranging from Character specific, State specific, and even one strictly for 3DS users. You'll have way more luck on Discord or here AND find way better opponents that are three times as fun, plus FG hell will no longer be an issue for you.

I try to be a respectable opponent. I never taunt anybody (unless they taunt me first of course) I don't really see the point in joining any discords or whatever at this point since Ultimate is coming out in like a month. I hope they fix this problem because all it does is punish people for absolutely no reason. They should just remove the report system entirely and only allow blocking. that way you can avoid bad players and you wont get banned just because someone is salty.

Also, yes I main sonic but I don't use him too often on FG. I mainly use sheik these days.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I ended up in For Glory hell before. It last about a week. If you're in FG hell, just avoid playing for a while. You're not going to become a terrible player for not playing for several days. It seems the time it would take to lose a skill depends on what skill that is and how long you've been learning.

"The length of time it takes to lose a skill is proportional to the time it took you to learn the skill. We see this in our lives all the times with the example of riding a bike or playing a musical instrument that we practiced for hours in our childhood. We don’t really lose these skills, although like our old bikes they 'rust' a little." (Timothy A. Pychyl, Ph.D., psychology professor, Carleton University)

To maintain your muscle memory, you can go to Training Mode, and you could also watch videos of yourself. People may just report you because of the way you play. You might piss them off (not really, it's them), so they report you. I personally find the reporting system a problem and would rather have it so that if you don't like how someone played or behaved, you just block them. Keep in mind that reporting others will also affect you. The more you report someone, the more likely you will end up in FG hell. It doesn't matter how kind you are, there are people who have a stick so far up their ass that they'll take any perceived slight as an excuse to report you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had this issue a little while back. People get so salty because i'm a very defensive, counter-offensive player. So people get impatient with me, so they would usually rush me down with bad options, then when those don't work, they would SD, and tell me they reported me. I guess there really is nothing you can do about it other than try to find a Sonic discord, play some people, and just avoid FG or just wait for Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I ended up in FG hell yesterday. I brought out Mario and lost to some person's Kirby. So I brought out Samus (my main). He switched to Pac-Man. He decided that he'd just stand around near the end of our match and wait for me to shoot a full charge shot and super missiles. I was intentionally spamming projectiles. And because he was standing around, I decided to do the same. Then I approached after thinking about what I could do to get around his strategy. I ended up winning. Unsatisfied with playing against him, I left and decided to find someone else. It was then at that point that I learned I was in FG hell. No one was popping up. I tried free-for-all as well and not one person showed up immediately.

I don't like the reporting system. You can report anyone for no good reason. No one is going to examine the problem. You could be the kindest person and the person on the other end is going to take his anger or issues out on you. (I say "he" because it's mostly males who play.) He fails to realize there is a person on the other side, or he just doesn't care. This is going to be worse when you're playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and you have to pay for online services. No one is going to want to pay if they're going to get reported and sent to FG hell. That's not worth it, even for $1.67 a month. Nintendo needs to correct this. Here are a few ideas.

1. When you select a tag, you cannot change that tag unless you back out. This means you can't say, "GGs", but it also means you can't say, "KYS" or the like. I am told the 3DS version has something like this already.
  2. Remove the report option. If no one is going to observe what's going on, then remove the option to report. Just give players the option to block. It might not correct inappropriate behavior, but getting reported isn't going to correct behavior, either. Why should people who want to enjoy the game and play to win get punished?
  3. Should there be a report option, make it so that people end up with some kind of icon or something given enough reports. This icon or whatever can be an indicator on whether or not you're up for playing against that person. It can be a way of alerting others that if they choose to play such person, just realize that such person might not be kind toward you. Essentially, the one with this icon or whatever is walking around with a sign of shame.

I had this issue a little while back. People get so salty because i'm a very defensive, counter-offensive player. So people get impatient with me, so they would usually rush me down with bad options, then when those don't work, they would SD, and tell me they reported me. I guess there really is nothing you can do about it other than try to find a Sonic discord, play some people, and just avoid FG or just wait for Ultimate.
I played against a Roy recently. I played it safe so that when he got close, I would use jab 1 or f-tilt at a distance. After taking off his first stock, he respawned and then went to SD. I asked at the Samus Discord, "Do we call that Roy'd rage?"

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
A few days ago, I got sent to FG Hell for showing this one guy how to be a good Shulk. I am a Shulk main (but use random on FG because why not), and find a backslash spamming Shulk. After winning easily, I switch to Shulk, thinking “oh I can show him what good Shulks do so he can get better”. After 0-to-deathing him, he SDs (you guessed it - using backslash), reports me, and leaves. After no one showed up in my server for 30 secs or so, I leave and rejoin because that’s what I always do. After no one showed up again, I had an idea of what happened. I left my 3DS lying there for 30 minutes and there was still no match. Then, I stopped playing until it expired.

Scorstevesy

Smash Rookie
How long were you in 7 days? I’m going on my second time in guy trolled me good lol! But I didn’t count how long I was in it my first time. I feel like I didn’t play for 4 days and everything was ok

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
I've been sent to For Glory Hell many times, and I never know why. My theory (for why I get sent to For Glory Hell) is that people don't like Yoshi (I'm a Yoshi main). I've noticed that other Yoshi mains have been sent to For Glory Hell as well. It is possible that Yoshi mains are being sent to For Glory Hell simply because they play as Yoshi.

One time, just before I ended up in For Glory Hell, a person changed their name tag to "F U YOSHI". Another time, just before ending up in For Glory Hell, a person changed their name tag to "BAD YOSHI". Note that I never taunt and try to be polite on For Glory.

I noticed that 7 people in the poll don't know what For Glory Hell is -- it is a separate server (on For Glory) that people get sent to when they've been reported a certain number of times. Once in For Glory Hell, it becomes really hard to find people to play against.

(Note: I play Smash for the Wii U, not the 3DS).

Now that Ultimate is out, does anyone know if there is a "For Glory Hell" equivalent in Ultimate?

Last edited:

colin097

Smash Rookie
This might happen because you main sonic which might make people salty when they lose

Top Bottom