• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new to this.

Grizzley4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3798-1630-0760
I want to become a better player on 3ds and i would like some help.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
What kind of help would you like? It is easier to have one broader topic to work on like movement, spacing, or neutral game that you could work on. If you want some examples let me know! :)

Grizzley4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3798-1630-0760
What kind of help would you like? It is easier to have one broader topic to work on like movement, spacing, or neutral game that you could work on. If you want some examples let me know! :)
I would like help with movement first and then as i get better go to more advanced stuff.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
I try to play with donkey Kong, toon link, and luigi
Movement with each of those characters is very different. I am not the best player in the world of each of these but I have played a good amount of them all at some point. For each character I would definitely get the basics down such as their recoveries to start.

Some basic recovery options with those three characters include:
Luigi:
  • Green Missile (Side-B)
  • Normal Recovery (Up-B)
  • Luigi Tornado (Down-B)
Here is a video on how to do his Down-B offstage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nubmLajDwus

Donkey Kong:
  • Up-B is basically his only recovery. Really just know when to begin it and how to properly clip to ledge as you can easily get spiked at any point.

Toon Link:
  • Standard Up-B is a good option for most situations.
  • His hookshot can be used to grab ledge and is activated by pressing the grab button. Know when to ascend to ledge.
  • Bomb recovery can also be a really great thing to do. You essentially pull a bomb and when it is close to exploding use your recovery so when the bomb explodes you can use your recovery again. Keep in mind that the bomb fuse is 5 seconds long. Here is a link to a quick gif showing you what it looks like: https://www.ssbwiki.com/File:Melee-YoungLink-BombJump.gif
(Sorry I accidently sent the post halfway when I was editing)

Last edited:

Grizzley4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3798-1630-0760
Movement with each of those characters is very different. I am not the best player in the world of each of these but I have played a good amount of them all at some point. For each character I would definitely get the basics down such as their recoveries to start.

Some basic recovery options with those three characters include:
Luigi: Green Missile (Side-B),
Luigi Tornado (Down-B)
i would try to recover with his down b but i would always fall back down

Top Bottom