• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im new to Mewtwo what are some of his things i should know about him?

ramz zeus

Smash Rookie
hey guys im starting to side main mewtwo because he is really fun to play can you guys give me tips on things i should practice in order and just some basic things i should know about matchups and such thank you

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
you need to know when fair kills and when uthrow kills

if you get someone off stage you need to figure out how to use upb to get to the ledge fast from anywhere to steal their cookies when theyre recovering

once you get a fair you can combo pretty well if you have the tech, practice and try different things - pay attention to what combos and what doesn't

m2's neutral sucks so get good at what you can, be able to wavedash at any length, know when to dash back and when to wavedash back, learn when to approach

nair seems like a great thing to do in neutral a lot, especially if you watch good mewtwos play, but its just because it counters certain airborne styles. Does not work well against crouch cancel characters or other opponents who like to stay on the ground and use tilts. Against those opponents abuse movement and grab

don't stand still and hold sheild and try to get sheild grabs unless your opp is a dummy who keeps approaching you're going to get rekt

that is all

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Just know that it seems like Mewtwo starts making exponential gains in goodness as your tech and overall knowledge of the game increases, but at the very early stages he'll feel like complete crap. He has a lot of problem areas, but he has a lot of unique tools that can deal with them, although sometimes they are difficult to enact. Also, just try to enjoy your matches and don't focus on wins or losses, but learning and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom