• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm mega carried by an anime character.

Swordies or new chars

• Lucina + Mario and DK

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Just Lucina

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

antipcperson

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3004 9557 8803
I main Lucina completely, like I'm **** with any other character other than the swordies, not even a joke, if I try to like try out a character like Fox or DK I suck ass. How do I get better with other characters, I'm interested in DK and Mario but I just suck anal cavities with them. Hallllpppp. What should I do? Should I keep only playing swordies or should I try and use other non swordy characters?

D

Deleted member

I main Lucina completely, like I'm **** with any other character other than the swordies, not even a joke, if I try to like try out a character like Fox or DK I suck ***. How do I get better with other characters, I'm interested in DK and Mario but I just suck anal cavities with them. Hallllpppp. What should I do? Should I keep only playing swordies or should I try and use other non swordy characters?
If swordies are what you're good with then there's nothing wrong with sticking to them. But, if you feel like youre being carried then I 100% recommend trying other characters. I think that by improving on the fundamentals with any character will improve your play across the board.
Mario in particular is an excellent character for learning. He's simple and straightforward, but still with some nuances to learn about him.

D

Deleted member

Nothing wrong with sticking to sword boys. They're all decently fundamentals-based characters, and none are really "OP". Chances are, you're not being carried by them. You're just good with them.

If you're looking to try other characters though, I would advise trying out Wolf as he's got range with disjoints in a pinch but is otherwise mostly up-close. He's also decently user-friendly with the ability to win neutral by pressing B. Ridley is also basically a swordie with his large disjoints, and Mewtwo is just a swordfighter without disjoints. Both of them are pretty hard to use, however.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
All the characters are video game characters regardless of what style they are designed in and you should never feel bad about what characters you use.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
If Lucina is anime, then I’ve been watching hentai my entire life.

That aside, stick with swordies if you enjoy them. It’s fine to play as other characters you like, but in order to be good with them you must put in just as much practice as you did with Lucina.

Arrei

Smash Lord
When you pick up other characters, do you have any idea what you're even supposed to do with them, or are you just winging it? If you want them to feel even half as natural as Lucina does to you, you should spend some time figuring out what their tools are before you judge yourself as bad with them. It might be you're doing things that are just generally unsafe, and working out those habits with other characters may even improve your main's gameplay.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I see no issue with playing sword/anime-like characters. Most are pretty good for a reason, so definitely keep at it with Lucina. I'd definitely say to pick up Mario and DK as secondaries at least and if you want to get better for those characters, feel free to check out character discussion section and read up or ask anything you need to know about them.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Better go learn Japanese, unsheathe your katana, and cuddle up tight to your body pillow, because you’re full weeb. Just pick a colorfully haired Lucina skin and set all your stage music to Ring-a-Ding, and embrace your future as an anime character. Don’t forget when you go to school to take that back seat near the window so you can daydream about how to add depth to your character development.

All joking aside, just play who you have fun with and can click with. If that’s the anime swordsmen then that’s who it is. You also have Joker coming out soon if you want to double down on your anime fighters, albeit with a much shorter sword.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
The only ring-a-ding I know is Frank Sinatra's. And now I can't not picture that with the bus scene.

Anyway, if you really want to try out a character, just test them out. Try to approach with a clean slate and not immediately go the sword playstyle. Or just stick with sword fighters. It's all up to you.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
If you don't want to play a weeb character, then don't play a weeb character. Simple as that. Go through the rest of the roster and find another character whose playstyle you enjoy.

D

Deleted member

Careful. Mentioning anime around here brings you unnecessary hate.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The only ring-a-ding I know is Frank Sinatra's. And now I can't not picture that with the bus scene.
This is a very different Ring-a-ding. You'll see when you unlock it. It took over all public arenas for a good week - Ring-a-ding on Summit Omega/Battlefield was inescapable for a while.

antipcperson

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3004 9557 8803
Hey guys so recently after I read the messages I took some advice and went and played a few matches with every character and found I really clicked with Yoshi, so now he's my co-main! Thanks guys!

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Lucina is bar none the best swordie and imo the best character in this game at the moment with the current meta being the way it is. That said, she's not busted or OP, just does what she needs to do exceedingly well all while dipping in and out of the air at the speed of light while she irritates you with her fast disjoints. She has speed, she has power and she has sword range. There's definitely nothing wrong with maining her, hell I keep her in my pocket just in case I feel I don't want any MU jank at all because again imo, she's at the #1 spot on the tier list.

Not even an anime character though, just a video game character with a very japanese design.. much like most in Fire Emblem. As a Cloud main I'm not sure where I'm left on this spectrum, as Advent Children exists.. so technically that makes my main more anime than your main. Damn.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait, there's a FE Awakening anime?
No. But honestly, it would be grand if it was there. It has deep potential honestly. Awakening's lore, characters and universe would work perfectly for this.

Anyway, DK is real easy to use anyway. Probably one of the few characters who is great for newcomers to Smash.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
If Lucinia is really the most OP fighter, shouldn't Marth be pretty close to her?

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Marth has to worry about his tipper, which is the size of a tic-tac and in a fast paced meta like Ult isn't currently doing him favors. Marth is probably the most, off, fighter in terms of his tier placement in regards to his echo. She's high top-tier, he's mid high-tier. Marth's sweetspot (tipper) also doesn't give the most meaningful boost compared to Lucina's hitboxes all the time.

That said, a galaxy brain Marth main who always lands tippers and finds baller sourspot knockback combo potential could take him up the tiers as the meta ages. God knows. As it stands, the fast rushdown meta with a HEAVY disadvantage / advantage state is favoring the hell out of a character like Roy more. His sweetspot is close to the blade's hilt, which encourages you to get up in people's face and start quickly hacking away.

Last edited:

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
If you are good with swordies, stick with swordies. But maybe try out link, he has 3 good projectiles, strong attack’s, and a sword .

Top Bottom