• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm lost in a few matchups

SatsumaFS

Smash Rookie
I have no idea what to do against floaty women in dresses.

Rosalina is the matchup I'm most familiar with, and probably the easiest of the lot for me, for some reason. I struggle a lot against Peach, however. She's really hard to combo, yet combos me back for a lot of damage, and her turnips interrupt my recovery very easily. For Zelda, I simply don't know what I should be doing at any time; it feels like she can just hit buttons forever and I have to take it all.

Corrin is another matchup I struggle with. What should I be doing against side B? Should I constantly do short hop ABK to punish that? Or is there a better option? Also, all his normals are so good, and they're disjointed, so I can't really challenge them.

Nah

Smash Champion
Peach comboing you vs you comboing her largely is just a matter of character physics. Bayonetta is a lightweight fastfaller, also known as combo food. Peach is very floaty (pun not intended), so it makes her a little hard to combo sometimes.

But I can help you out more with Corrin. Shield is pretty good against Pin (and Corrin in general really), as if Corrin kicks forward, that's a free punish for you most of the time, and if they kick away, you can't punish that usually, but they didn't gain anything either and probably gave up stage control too. How you want to play vs Corrin in general is to play runaway/keepaway. Directly challenging the character is usually a bad idea, but they struggle to do much when you don't. The character has no means to force anyone to approach, and is not good at approaching either, and when that is the case, control of the match is in your hands. Bayo is capable of playing runaway given that you have stuff like Witch Twist+ABK burst mobility, Bullet Climax, bullet arts Nair/Dtilt, etc. Wait for them to give you an opening basically, instead of approaching them and giving them the openings to exploit.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If your problem is to combo on Peach, then *practice* against cpus of all levels (from 1 to 9) to get the feel of playing against her.

Do not approach Zelda. Do tons of Bullet Arts to force her to apprach, and she's bad at that so you will eventually catch her, specially if you keep moving at all times to avoid getting grabbed.
:196:

SatsumaFS

Smash Rookie
Okay, thanks for the help on those. But what about like, Ike? I find Ike to be extremely difficult, because of his range + power. There's also one particular loop I can't get out of, which is up throw to f-air. If I DI the throw correctly to not get hit by the f-air, he has enough time to land and grab me again before I can do anything.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Up-Throw fair is a guaranteed combo for a pretty big percent range, probably especially big/deadly on bayonetta.

I'm no Ike expert, so take the next with a grain of salt:

I think your best bet it to just eat the fair. As you said, he can regrab you if you dodge the fair... which means more % by throws/pummels, and the fair will still hit you.

He also has some gross mixups if you start trying to mess with the fair, uair comes to mind.

I'd only mix up DI on the fair when the Ike has shown to miss when you do, or you NEED him to miss eg he grabs you at the edge of SV and fair will kill you.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Okay, thanks for the help on those. But what about like, Ike? I find Ike to be extremely difficult, because of his range + power. There's also one particular loop I can't get out of, which is
up throw to f-air. If I DI the throw correctly to not get hit by the f-air, he has enough time to land and grab me again before I can do anything.
Ikes uthrow fair on bayos generally truish at 80 to like 130 with no rage you can di in to make it harder to hit but beware of uair and nair as well as fade back fair at low% ike can frame trap with uthrow fair or nair

Hexin

Smash Rookie
I mostly have been having trouble with Caption Falcon. Like I just cant kill him. Witch time doesn't stop his specials and he is too fast to land an uair or bair

Top Bottom