• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm hoping that a Skyward Sword HD remaster is announced, but in a few years down the line so as to have the greatest possible effect on Smash.

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
I was pretty disappointed with Skyward Sword's treatment in Smash 4. There was barely any SS music despite its soundtrack being phenomenal. Skyloft, in addition to being a traveling stage(bleh) was incredibly lazy in that it just ripped Skyloft's models straight from the game. Impa totally could have been an alt or clone of Sheik, and Ghirahim not getting in as a unique Zelda newcomer just felt wrong, especially considering how... dubious some of Smash 4's roster decisions were.

Seeing as how SS is my favorite Zelda game and Ghirahim my favorite Zelda character, I really want both to get another shot at Smash representation, and a Skyward Sword remaster COULD do the trick, as it wouldn't be the first time a remaster has prompted Smash representation(Gerudo Valley). But it'll need to be timed properly; if they announce it in the upcoming Direct it would probably be too soon to get into that sweet spot window of Smash development.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There's always a chance we could get Impa designed as Skyward Sword design so don't get your hopes up yet

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If they remaster Skyward Sword, they need to make the surface an over world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yea i like the HD TP Princess Zelda, but it would've been nice to see the Skyward Sword Zelda in Smash 4...

Last edited by a moderator:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
tbh I was kinda relieved that they didn't go with any of the SS designs for Smash 4. I was not a fan of the character designs in that game. Skyloft was nice though.

EDIT: That being said, if Impa gets into Smash, I think they should go with the SS design. Not just to arbitrarily represent the game, but because that version of the character is the most active incarnation to date outside of Hyrule Warriors, and I don't forsee HW getting represented.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tbf I'm dubious it'd increase the chance of Ghirahim or Impa given how Sakurai didn't alter Young Link to be more like his Majora's Mask self.

Time will tell with Skull Kid, but the TP remakes didn't help Midna make the playable leap.

Zeldatwo

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Skyward sword is garbage

Let me rephrase since apparently that's considered "trolling"

Skyward sword is the worst zelda gamr and one of the most disappointing games ever made. Garbage controls, garbage overworld, recycled bosses, graphics worse than 2004 games, bland characters, constant hand holding, zero exploration

Awful, awful game.

Top Bottom