• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm here to argue that Mario is C TIER!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingg

Smash Rookie
I'm her to argue that Mario is C TIER!!!! Along with Samus, DK, Ness, Link, and Luigi. That's my disposition because Mario has not topped a tournment since Isai used him in Apex 2013. I am under the assumption that Mario is only topping in the hands of Isai. And Mario is not B tier. MARIO needs to join C Tier! Arguments?

I would even go as far as to say Pika and Kirby are SS tier not S tier. And Falcon and Yoshi are the only S tier. And Fox and Jiggly share A tier. With Fox above. Or you could include Fox in S tier or A tier. And Jigglypuff is the only A or B tier character unless Fox is with him. And all the lower tier character are B tier. Unless you wanna make a true C tier. And Luigi is the only one in C

The C tier is fine as it is with the inclusion of Mario at the top

My credentials are I have played the game competitively for 3 going on 4 years. And Mario is not that good.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingg

Smash Rookie
Well prove me wrong

So it would go

SS
Pikachu
Kirby

S
Falcon
Yoshi

A
Fox
Jigglyuff

OR

A

Fox

B

Jigglypuff

Then

C
Mario
Samus
Donkey Kong
Ness
Luigi

OR

D
Luigi

OR

D

Donkey Kong
Luigi

Or you could even give Falcon S Tier alone.

yeah well your wrong
Well prove me wrong

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Here's how you're wrong:
Here's a REAL tier list
A: pika
B: falcon
C: Fox
D: Kirby
E: Yoshi
F: puff
G: mario
H: samus
I: Link
J: Ness
K: DK
L: Luigi.
(Credentials: been playing competitively for 5 years.)

Last edited:

kingg

Smash Rookie
The tier list is
SS
Pikachu
Kirby

S
Falcon
Yoshi

A
Fox (interchangable with Jigglypuff)
Jigglypuff (interchangable with Fox)

B
Mario
Samus
Link
Ness
Donkey Kong

C
Luigi

Last edited:

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
TBH this thread is pointless because you made no arguments other than isai making GF with mario in 2013 which is actually just an observation and not an argument. Even if that WAS an argument, you then contradict yourself when you place fox as A tier. When was the last time a fox main won a major event? Never? He must be low tier with mario, but you have him as A tier. Inconsistent.

Don't even act like you have an authority over changing an outdated 3 year old tier list because you've played for 4 years. That means nothing since that doesn't guarantee that you have the skill, experience, or knowledge of the game to accurately place characters in a tier list based on matchups. You even went out of your way to dismiss my own personal tier list that I created even though Iv'e been playing longer than you have.

Also, try not to post 8 times in a row. Make one post and edit it if you feel the need to change or add anything.

Last edited:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yo, ever used a forum before? There's an edit button. Double, triple, and quadruple posting is generally frowned upon. Waste of SPACE.

kingg

Smash Rookie
TBH this thread is pointless because you made no arguments other than isai making GF with mario in 2013 which is actually just an observation and not an argument. Even if that WAS an argument, you then contradict yourself when you place fox as A tier. When was the last time a fox main won a major event? Never? He must be low tier with mario, but you have him as A tier. Inconsistent.

Don't even act like you have an authority over changing an outdated 3 year old tier list because you've played for 4 years. That means nothing since that doesn't guarantee that you have the skill, experience, or knowledge of the game to accurately place characters in a tier list based on matchups. You even went out of your way to dismiss my own personal tier list that I created even though Iv'e been playing longer than you have.

Also, try not to post 8 times in a row. Make one post and edit it if you feel the need to change or add anything.
True, I respect that. I think it's a great tier list. I just had an opinion and I voiced it. Fox is high on the tier list because he still does come in Top 8 but it is kinda pointless because the tier list is fine how it is. I mean you can give or take and the tier list is accurate. I'm not taking anything away from it. I'm sure you are a great person with an excellent with a great skill lol. But I think Yoshi is over Fox competitively lol. And Mario going to B Tier not only because Isai is the only person thats good with him as a main but.... Mario sucks and deserves to go to B tier along with the rest of the bunch. And the list should look like this.

SS
Pikachu
Kirby

S
Falcon
Yoshi

A
Fox (interchangable with Jigglypuff)
Jigglypuff (interchangable with Fox)

B
Mario
Samus
Link
Ness
Donkey Kong

C
Luigi

Stop hating because I am right.

Yo, ever used a forum before? There's an edit button. Double, triple, and quadruple posting is generally frowned upon. Waste of SPACE.
Yes, and this is how I do it lol

Prove you wrong in a subjective argument?

Sure, get on cane's server and I'll jv6 stock you with all 12 characters.
I wanna see you try

Here's how you're wrong:
Here's a REAL tier list
A: pika
B: falcon
C: Fox
D: Kirby
E: Yoshi
F: puff
G: mario
H: samus
I: Link
J: Ness
K: DK
L: Luigi.
(Credentials: been playing competitively for 5 years.)
I like your ordering of G-L. But Kirby is wayyyy higher. He is beside Pika. And a great Yoshi main is going to do better than a great Fox main. Unless it's Isai, Boom, The Z, or LD. And the higher up they go the less you see Fox for the exception of LD who is a strict Fox main. Or Isai using him last year. BUT THIS IS ABOUT MARIO. WHO IS WITH SAMUS AND THE BUNCH.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
"I think that mario is low tier. Prove me wrong."
"No you don't"
:thinking:

Kirby is wayyyy higher than that
I'd like you to back up that ridiculous claim.

You shouldn't make a tier list based on tourney results/appearances but on a matchup spread which takes YEARS of analyzing top level play which we as a community haven't reach yet to make a competent tier list that almost all can agree on.

You give no reasoning for putting mario in with the low tiers. What makes him a low tier and not a mid tier like puff? You need to explain yourself when you try to make a claim. Even if he's lower than puff on the tier list, why does that warrant putting him in the low tier? He has a better matchup spread than any of the low tiers and has a comparable matchup spread with puff.

First you spam the discord with you tournament sign up, then you make another pointless, spammy thread here and proceed to spam your own thread.

gdi you're triggering me with these multi-posts.

Last edited:

kingg

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post - Multiposting
"I think that mario is low tier. Prove me wrong."
"No you don't"
:thinking:

I'd like you to back up that ridiculous claim.

You shouldn't make a tier list based on tourney results/appearances but on a matchup spread which takes YEARS of analyzing top level play which we as a community haven't reach yet to make a competent tier list that almost all can agree on.

You give no reasoning for putting mario in with the low tiers. What makes him a low tier and not a mid tier like puff? You need to explain yourself when you try to make a claim. Even if he's lower than puff on the tier list, why does that warrant putting him in the low tier? He has a better matchup spread than any of the low tiers and has a comparable matchup spread with puff.

First you spam the discord with you tournament sign up, then you make another pointless, spammy thread here and proceed to spam your own thread.

gdi you're triggering me with these multi-posts.
Dude you sound madd mad. I dgaf. So what? Grow tf up

You're a fckin child. Getting mad about some sht a stranger did on the internet. So tf what. Get a life dude lol

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Since the tone of this thread is already turning hostile, I'm going to lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom