• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Having a bit of a Character Crisis

Chewshoe

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 5411-6654-4034
As the title of the thread suggests, I'm having a bit of a character crisis. I used to solo-main Mr. Game & Watch in Smash 4 but he feels like he plays much differently now than he did before. With my G&W combo game gone, I don't know what to do or who to use. Please help.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Maybe pick someone relatively similar to his gameplan, or someone else you really like.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Unfortunately, the answer to solve a character crisis is to stop overthinking it.

I actually think Game and Watch is a lot better than he was before, but he’s basically a different character now except for a few select moves. I know it’s hard to jump into the same character and not try to play them the way you’re used to, but if you think of him as a different character entirely and try to start from scratch, it might be easier to drop some of those habits.

Unless you just don’t like the way he plays at all now. Then you just have to try everyone and see who you have the most fun with, or who you click with the most. Have you enjoyed any other characters at all?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup Game & Watch is different but better. You can either learn the new playstyle or you can try lots of other characters you think you might like (including watch people play) to see if there's a playstyle you like more.

Personally I play a lot of characters. It has its down side, but it lets me get different feels and i'll eventually focus a lot more on some than others.

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
As the title of the thread suggests, I'm having a bit of a character crisis. I used to solo-main Mr. Game & Watch in Smash 4 but he feels like he plays much differently now than he did before. With my G&W combo game gone, I don't know what to do or who to use. Please help.
K.Rool is really fun to use.

Top Bottom