• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm going to take State

Spiridon Chumas

Smash Rookie
I'm going to take the state of Nevada because I host monthlies with my friends and get first every time. But, I was challenged by a really good, competitive player. I was scared because he was C. Falcon and started doing insanely advanced techniques. The first battle I won with 1 stock, but the next I cleanly three stocked him. So, I started to look at Melee monthlies in Las Vegas, and I'm pretty confident I can win. So watch out......

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I heard an unranked Minnesota player (HM tier) went to Las Vegas and was bodying their PR.

GG, Nevada. It takes more than fancy tech skill to win.

SSS

Smash Ace
I'm going to take the state of Nevada because I host monthlies with my friends and get first every time. But, I was challenged by a really good, competitive player. I was scared because he was C. Falcon and started doing insanely advanced techniques. The first battle I won with 1 stock, but the next I cleanly three stocked him. So, I started to look at Melee monthlies in Las Vegas, and I'm pretty confident I can win. So watch out......
vidz please

what do you mean by advanced techniques

lol nevada is so free

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I heard an unranked Minnesota player (HM tier) went to Las Vegas and was bodying their PR.

GG, Nevada. It takes more than fancy tech skill to win.
All I'm hearing here is that you want a crew battle to happen.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Chumas has been a pretty consistent troll in our facebook page; a lot of talk and no action.
He's most famous for the advanced technique of saying he'll show up to real events, challenging people to money matches and flaking out with 100% efficiency. The consistency of it is actually crazy impressive.

I don't want to put CamChab on blast because I don't know him and you're talking on his behalf, but his record for his tournament here was not good.

If Minnesota wants to crew battle Vegas at EVO that sounds super sick though, we had crew battles against Reno, AZ [unranked], and NorCal [unranked] and they were all really fun. I don't think most of us care if there's money on it or not, people can just side bet if they really want to.

AirFair

Marth tho
Lol I actually haven't heard of any good crew battles since like, Evo 2013. The only good one that I know of is FC6 East/West but that just goes to show I don't know much about other regions lol. Anyway, if Spiridon is gonna flake out then whatever lol

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
@ AirFair AirFair Our guy RCA helped out a ton with our poverty recording setup at EVO2014 vs NorCal and vs AZ.
Here's the NorCal match: http://youtu.be/NqnbsRNT_S8 It's long and has a lot of back and forth of both crews bodying each other and it was actually really hype. Huge crowd in the corner of the venue during this.

I hope more regions get into setting up crew battles for EVO2015, they're so hype.

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey if yall record Warehouse yall should post it. I'm not going to be going to any out of state tournaments till I graduate highschool at the very earliest.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Hey if yall record Warehouse yall should post it. I'm not going to be going to any out of state tournaments till I graduate highschool at the very earliest.
I think there's gonna be a few streams and a few more recording set-ups beyond that. TO seems to wanna make it a big/serious thing.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
What player are you talking about, @ EddyBearr EddyBearr , like we legitimately have no clue what you're referencing.

*edit* Wait, we found a thread of "Sean Rattigan" coming down to Vegas, but from the looks of it he didn't get to make to any of our events or play anyone here; but yeah you can make stuff up or whatever that's cool too.

I actually think we had P.E. or something together in high school actually, his name and face are super familiar to me and he should have been the same year as well. Neat. Maybe he can use EVO as an excuse to visit family/Vegas and try to body us then. *shrug*

Last edited:

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Wasn't talking about Cam, and it was this winter, not 2013.
Ah, hmmm.
We had a Sean Rattigan from MN post in our group about attending smashfests - from the thread it looks like he never showed up to any that we posted about. And none of our ranked players, so far, recall playing anyone from MN this winter.
So either he played at someone's house with some non-ranks and thought they were ranked, or is just straight up lying. lol

$5 MM at Warehouse? I won't be attending EVO, sadly. :(
Np, I figured most players would be making it to EVO to make MMing easy, lol.
Unless you pay for my trip and the money I'll lose from not working to make the trip to Warehouse, I'm 100% not going to Warehouse. Already have time off for our regional coming up.

AirFair

Marth tho
Lol MMing at EVO would be easier for people in different states. Too bad I won't be going to an EVO for another couple of years. Hopefully Melee will still be on them.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Same. I might be able to drive to Apex with my friends when I get into college (NC isn't too far from NJ), but EVO is out of the question for quite a few more years.

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
I don't believe I've just watched ranked players. Then again, NorCal has a strong, if not the strongest, Melee scene. Good luck taking Nevada and this one as well, TS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom