• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im giving up

Wobbuffet1924

Smash Rookie
hello, smash bros players

I have received recommendations from other players on this issue and I understand I should take their advice. In a nutshell, due to the loss of my only companions to which I played smash bros with, my father and my old friends, passing away and treating me horribly respectively, it has been advised that I do no continue to play smash bros due to the constant losses depressing and frustrating me further and further. I really wish to rekindle the love for video games I once had now that the enjoyment has practically faded out of most of my pastimes and the games seem like a simple place to start. As a 20-year-old after college and work, I usually spend my time sitting around trying to hold myself together by helping my mother now that it is just the two of us and trying to pass the time. I would appreciate some recommendations to start playing with to help me keep my mind occupied perhaps helping me sleep due to the games occupying my attention from constant fear, worrying .etc. I was very bad at smash bros after my initial return from the psychiatric ward with a win rate of maybe 25% at best and this carried over to any game I tried causing me to give up on them entirely out of frustration and lack of motivation to continue. Games like Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey proved too hard for me to process and I never made it past the first area of either game and died continuously which destroyed my will to play and only made me feel inadequate and I do not have a lot of funds since my volunteer job does not pay and my retail job pays little and it goes towards my education and gas money. I am very sad to give up smash bros as I put so many hours into it and loved it so much despite losing at every money match or tournament I entered before but it seems to be for the best...any help would be appreciated and single player games would be ideal I suppose as I have no friends or acquaintances to join me. thank you in advance for your time and feedback - Ken

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here for all discussion about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or
here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman:Name changes :starman: Bigger signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman:Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum:starman:
:starman:Support the Smash community and sign up today!:starman:

XxxM4rth_M41nxxXD

Smash Rookie
hello, smash bros players

I have received recommendations from other players on this issue and I understand I should take their advice. In a nutshell, due to the loss of my only companions to which I played smash bros with, my father and my old friends, passing away and treating me horribly respectively, it has been advised that I do no continue to play smash bros due to the constant losses depressing and frustrating me further and further. I really wish to rekindle the love for video games I once had now that the enjoyment has practically faded out of most of my pastimes and the games seem like a simple place to start. As a 20-year-old after college and work, I usually spend my time sitting around trying to hold myself together by helping my mother now that it is just the two of us and trying to pass the time. I would appreciate some recommendations to start playing with to help me keep my mind occupied perhaps helping me sleep due to the games occupying my attention from constant fear, worrying .etc. I was very bad at smash bros after my initial return from the psychiatric ward with a win rate of maybe 25% at best and this carried over to any game I tried causing me to give up on them entirely out of frustration and lack of motivation to continue. Games like Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey proved too hard for me to process and I never made it past the first area of either game and died continuously which destroyed my will to play and only made me feel inadequate and I do not have a lot of funds since my volunteer job does not pay and my retail job pays little and it goes towards my education and gas money. I am very sad to give up smash bros as I put so many hours into it and loved it so much despite losing at every money match or tournament I entered before but it seems to be for the best...any help would be appreciated and single player games would be ideal I suppose as I have no friends or acquaintances to join me. thank you in advance for your time and feedback - Ken
I think you should play Skyrim and do whatever you want in it, or Minecraft with mods! Those usually help me have some fun during ruff times. I wish you the best dude.

Top Bottom